Mrs Duryea

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg

Mrs Duryea

Post by slcagg » February 15th, 2021, 10:06 pm

Still sour grapes it appears. Remember that one poster that used to post on here that we all assumed was duryeas wife. We haven’t heard from that person in a while. With that said I’m sure she is a great person. Seems like she is just fired up.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Re: Mrs Duryea

Post by 3rdGenAggie » February 15th, 2021, 10:15 pm

Can't blame Hartwell for not actively choosing to give their opponent an advantage. If they want to play with fans, they need to convince Ada County it can be done safely.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22ViAggie

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

aggieguy13

Post by aggieguy13 » February 15th, 2021, 10:18 pm

It's hilarious how upset Boise fans get whenever someone doesn't cave to their every demand. Though in their defense, I could see how a decade plus of preferential treatment from the conference could cause that issue.
These users thanked the author aggieguy13 for the post (total 6):
Real Life Aggieflying_scotsman2.0aggies22ViAggieNowhereLandAggieAggieFBObsession

stang

Post by stang » February 15th, 2021, 10:40 pm

This whole conversation should be so simple. Boise moving a game to a different venue requires Utah State's approval, and if USU feels like it would in any way, shape or form make things tougher for them (because of fans or because of playing two games in two venues), they have absolutely no obligation to go along with it. Why would they willingly agree to do anything that helps Boise?

One year of dunking on the bottom half of the conference and all of a sudden Boise State starts thinking the rest of the conference should bow down to their basketball team as they're so accustomed to for their football team.
These users thanked the author stang for the post (total 4):
aggies22ViAggieJSHarveyAggieFBObsession

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 15th, 2021, 10:50 pm

Lol. I do wonder what happened to that guy. He only posted about Duryea. He had to be either a family member or a close personal friend. No disrespect to Tim Duryea. I'm sure he is a great guy and he was a good assistant for many years, but I don't think there are a bunch of Tim Duryea fans walking around.

CastIronAggie

Post by CastIronAggie » February 16th, 2021, 7:07 am

If they want fans, they can always come play in Logan
These users thanked the author CastIronAggie for the post (total 4):
aggies22MrBiggleJSHarveyStewie Griffin

nswaggie

Post by nswaggie » February 16th, 2021, 7:26 am

So let me get this straight. Boise state believes in their team with or without fans yet they are the ones requesting a venue change so they can have fans? :crazy: :crazy:
These users thanked the author nswaggie for the post (total 2):
aggies22AggieArmy

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » February 16th, 2021, 7:36 am

Would moving the game potentially turn this into a quad 2 neutral site game? If so, why would we agree to give up 2 quad 1 road games to help Boise?
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
slcagg

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » February 16th, 2021, 7:39 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 7:36 am
Would moving the game potentially turn this into a quad 2 neutral site game? If so, why would we agree to give up 2 quad 1 road games to help Boise?
I didn't think of that, give up a quad 1 game for a quad 2 in order to give us the disadvantage of Boise fans in the stadium?

Although, it might still be considered a Boise home game, I'm not sure how those rules work.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » February 16th, 2021, 7:49 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
Excellent post and thought. Two losses for Boise in Nampa probably drops them to quad 2. Two losses for Boise in Boise they are still likely a quad 1.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » February 16th, 2021, 8:25 am

slcagg wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 7:49 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
Excellent post and thought. Two losses for Boise in Nampa probably drops them to quad 2. Two losses for Boise in Boise they are still likely a quad 1.
Wouldn't losses be better for them in Nampa? If they lose at home, those are quad 2 losses. If they lose on the road, aren't those quad 1 losses?

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » February 16th, 2021, 9:17 am

I can't think of a single reason we should agree to this. GTFOH. That is the most Boise State thing ever. Expect preferential treatment, and just expect the other team to agree to your every demand, despite it being worse for them.
These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post (total 3):
aggies22fetchingaggiefan22AggieFBObsession

Formerly TulsAGGIE

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » February 16th, 2021, 9:22 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
February 15th, 2021, 10:50 pm
Lol. I do wonder what happened to that guy. He only posted about Duryea. He had to be either a family member or a close personal friend. No disrespect to Tim Duryea. I'm sure he is a great guy and he was a good assistant for many years, but I don't think there are a bunch of Tim Duryea fans walking around.
I went into Complete Nutrition in Meridian, Idaho last year to purchase some supplements and get my body fat tested and ran into Tanner and Angie. I had no idea that they were the owners/managers of the store (The store went out of business early last summer.) but I was wearing a USU shirt and Tanner mentioned that he was Tim's son. I asked how they were liking it here. They were extremely nice and had good things to say about Logan and Tim's time at USU. They were definitely upset with how things transpired when Tim was let go and they felt that Tim deserved one more year. They definitely disliked John. The person that was posting could have been either Tanner or Angie. My guess would be Tanner.
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post (total 2):
aggies22GreenAg

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 16th, 2021, 9:33 am

Aggie in Boise wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 9:22 am
February 15th, 2021, 10:50 pm
I went into Complete Nutrition in Meridian, Idaho last year to purchase some supplements and get my body fat tested and ran into Tanner and Angie. I had no idea that they were the owners/managers of the store (The store went out of business early last summer.) but I was wearing a USU shirt and Tanner mentioned that he was Tim's son. I asked how they were liking it here. They were extremely nice and had good things to say about Logan and Tim's time at USU. They were definitely upset with how things transpired when Tim was let go and they felt that Tim deserved one more year. They definitely disliked John. The person that was posting could have been either Tanner or Angie. My guess would be Tanner.
That would make sense. He obviously had an emotional connection to Duryea.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » February 16th, 2021, 9:33 am

Eh, I don't worry about it too much. They were just defending their family on an anonymous message board. I'm glad Duryea is gone, and we have Craig Smith. I'm also glad Duryea found a place to work.
These users thanked the author NVAggie for the post (total 3):
MrBiggleAggieArmyJSHarvey

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 16th, 2021, 9:35 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 8:25 am
slcagg wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 7:49 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
Wouldn't losses be better for them in Nampa? If they lose at home, those are quad 2 losses. If they lose on the road, aren't those quad 1 losses?
It would still count as a Boise State home game. Some teams play home games in multiple venues such as St John has their own arena, but also play games in Madison Square Garden.

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » February 16th, 2021, 9:41 am

NVAggie wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 9:33 am
Eh, I don't worry about it too much. They were just defending their family on an anonymous message board. I'm glad Duryea is gone, and we have Craig Smith. I'm also glad Duryea found a place to work.
I feel bad for Tim. :cry: Could you imagine what it would be like to work for a whiny, little, cocky bi+ch? :puke: :bangwall:
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » February 16th, 2021, 10:03 am

I get the feeling that the Duryea's actually believe that Tim would have been able to pull of what Coach Smith and the boys accomplished in their first season here.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
DkdavisAggie formerly in HawaiiAggieFBObsession

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » February 16th, 2021, 10:18 am

aggies22 wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 10:03 am
I get the feeling that the Duryea's actually believe that Tim would have been able to pull of what Coach Smith and the boys accomplished in their first season here.
Especially after their successful recruiting trip to Portugal.

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » February 16th, 2021, 10:20 am

aggies22 wrote:
That's what I gathered from the Duryea's. Tanner even went as far as saying that Smith did not recruit Queta. :shock: He said that Queta called Brito and asked if he could help him get a spot on the team. He credited Brito with the recruitment of Queta.

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » February 16th, 2021, 10:28 am

aggies22 wrote:
I remember Sam talking about Smith and Duryea in a post game interview that Duryea was a good coach, but the team was willing to break through walls for coach Smith. I can't remember exactly how it went, but essentially Sam had said Duryea was a good coach, but Smith is definitely better.
These users thanked the author Dkdavis for the post:
aggies22

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » February 16th, 2021, 10:55 am

On twitter last night, Scotty G made the comment that if the roles were reversed, do you think Boise would accommodate USU? he said no way would they, and I agree with him. .
These users thanked the author Aggie702 for the post (total 3):
aggies22fetchingaggiefan22AggieFBObsession

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 16th, 2021, 11:20 am

aggies22 wrote:
Coaches have an inflated belief about what they can accomplish no matter how bad things are going. That is why so few ever resign when things aren't going well. (We do know of one possible exception to this) I have no doubt in Duryea's mind, he believes had USU given him one more year he would have won as much as Smith has.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
aggies22

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 16th, 2021, 11:23 am

How about they just plead their case to the local health district and allow fans. Nothing is preventing them doing that. Be interesting to see how it goes this week. I am not confident at all that the aggies will win both of the games. I am hoping they can split. Boise has not played as well the past few weeks, but we haven't played at all. I hope coach Smith has the team ready to play.

Aggiefan160

Post by Aggiefan160 » February 16th, 2021, 11:31 am

Aggie in Boise wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 9:41 am
NVAggie wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 9:33 am
I feel bad for Tim. :cry: Could you imagine what it would be like to work for a whiny, little, cocky bi+ch? :puke: :bangwall:
I don't have to imagine. I've been there. :lol:
These users thanked the author Aggiefan160 for the post:
Aggie in Boise

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » February 16th, 2021, 11:35 am

who's this crazy lady and why should we care?
These users thanked the author ViAggie for the post:
Stewie Griffin

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

cornia27

Post by cornia27 » February 16th, 2021, 11:42 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 11:23 am
How about they just plead their case to the local health district and allow fans. Nothing is preventing them doing that. Be interesting to see how it goes this week. I am not confident at all that the aggies will win both of the games. I am hoping they can split. Boise has not played as well the past few weeks, but we haven't played at all. I hope coach Smith has the team ready to play.
The health district in Ada county is very strict and Boise city has their own restrictions so I don't think it would get approval. Schools in Meridian and Kuna which are both in Ada County and next to Boise were able to play football 2-3 weeks sooner than schools in Boise and for basketball season schools in Meridian and Kuna were able to start playing basketball sooner than Boise schools. That is why they wanted to go to Nampa which is in a different health district which is a little more lenient. The whole thing here is a mess with different health districts and school districts deciding what to do. As an official of both football and basketball I feel for the kids. We also have had to be very flexible as games get added or canceled sometimes day of the supposed game.
These users thanked the author cornia27 for the post:
aggies22

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 16th, 2021, 11:49 am

cornia27 wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 11:42 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
The health district in Ada county is very strict and Boise city has their own restrictions so I don't think it would get approval. Schools in Meridian and Kuna which are both in Ada County and next to Boise were able to play football 2-3 weeks sooner than schools in Boise and for basketball season schools in Meridian and Kuna were able to start playing basketball sooner than Boise schools. That is why they wanted to go to Nampa which is in a different health district which is a little more lenient. The whole thing here is a mess with different health districts and school districts deciding what to do. As an official of both football and basketball I feel for the kids. We also have had to be very flexible as games get added or canceled sometimes day of the supposed game.
I was being sarcastic about them asking the health department, I was aware Ada county has been super strict. I just find it funny they want us to ben over backwards for them, if they want changes they should plead with their crazy local leaders on why they can't have fans. I mean SLC county is even allowing fans as the Jazz are up to ~4k/game.

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » February 16th, 2021, 11:57 am

cornia27 wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 11:42 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
I live in Meridian and my boys play basketball for Rocky Mountain High School. For a while we couldn't even go to games then about a month ago they started allowing 2 parents to the games and just last week they started allowing 4 spectators per player.

stang

Post by stang » February 16th, 2021, 11:57 am

The rest of Mrs. Duryea’s Twitter timeline looks basically exactly how I expected it would.
These users thanked the author stang for the post:
Real Life Aggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » February 16th, 2021, 12:00 pm

stang wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 11:57 am
The rest of Mrs. Duryea’s Twitter timeline looks basically exactly how I expected it would.
lol, I just read through it. I won't say anything more to avoid this getting sandboxy, but :lol: .
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
Real Life AggieGreenAg

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » February 16th, 2021, 12:22 pm

February 16th, 2021, 12:00 pm
stang wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 11:57 am
lol, I just read through it. I won't say anything more to avoid this getting sandboxy, but :lol: .
:nono:
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post (total 2):
Aggie formerly in HawaiiMrBiggle

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » February 16th, 2021, 12:40 pm

I just saw a tweet that Boise is going to allow 900 fans for the games this week.

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » February 16th, 2021, 12:45 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
February 16th, 2021, 12:40 pm
I just saw a tweet that Boise is going to allow 900 fans for the games this week.
Please post it.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » February 16th, 2021, 12:54 pm

Didn't they try and make an exception to their policy for football to allow fans for the BYU game?

Locked Previous topicNext topic