Nevada game 2 predictions

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
User avatar
sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl
Posts: 2345
Joined: October 2nd, 2012, 8:40 am
Has thanked: 766 times
Been thanked: 284 times

Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by sam tingey » February 26th, 2021, 9:32 pm

the scoring drought continues into this game

56-63 UNR



FL350Aggie
Posts: 240
Joined: January 19th, 2020, 4:57 pm
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by FL350Aggie » February 26th, 2021, 10:06 pm

sam tingey wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 9:32 pm
the scoring drought continues into this game

56-63 UNR
Nah 72-66 USU



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3704
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 1180 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by ineptimusprime » February 26th, 2021, 10:10 pm

USU 82, UNR 77.



Aggie84025
Posts: 3576
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 1250 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by Aggie84025 » February 26th, 2021, 10:43 pm

72-66 USU



AgsRock
Posts: 99
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 9:47 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 46 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by AgsRock » February 26th, 2021, 11:06 pm

Nevada doesn't hit 13 threes, aggies are ready given the scare they had tonight 71-60.



User avatar
flying_scotsman2.0
Posts: 1346
Joined: January 23rd, 2018, 12:29 pm
Has thanked: 1149 times
Been thanked: 481 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » February 27th, 2021, 7:06 am

75-63 USU



Aggiealum13
Posts: 381
Joined: February 3rd, 2017, 4:28 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 109 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by Aggiealum13 » February 27th, 2021, 9:31 am

AgsRock wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 11:06 pm
Nevada doesn't hit 13 threes, aggies are ready given the scare they had tonight 71-60.
I'm actually with you on this. Typically I predict the second game to be closer, but I think we'll have a better offensive performance, and we'll defend the outside better then the last game because it wasn't hard to tell that Nevada is not very good going in the inside with Queta back there. They are a dribble-and-drive type of team when it comes to anything outside of threes. That doesn't work as well with our system and Queta. Unless we have an abysmal offensive night, and break down on our perimeter defense whereas they go lights out from 3, I believe we make the proper adjustments and win this game easier than the last. Just stop the turnovers!

USU. 73
Nev. 61



Stewie Griffin
Posts: 43
Joined: November 12th, 2020, 5:24 pm
Has thanked: 11 times
Been thanked: 20 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by Stewie Griffin » February 27th, 2021, 10:53 am

Aggies 77
Tunnel Thugs 71



Aggie84025
Posts: 3576
Joined: September 12th, 2018, 2:01 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 1250 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by Aggie84025 » February 27th, 2021, 1:00 pm

Aggiealum13 wrote:
February 27th, 2021, 9:31 am
AgsRock wrote:
February 26th, 2021, 11:06 pm
Nevada doesn't hit 13 threes, aggies are ready given the scare they had tonight 71-60.
I'm actually with you on this. Typically I predict the second game to be closer, but I think we'll have a better offensive performance, and we'll defend the outside better then the last game because it wasn't hard to tell that Nevada is not very good going in the inside with Queta back there. They are a dribble-and-drive type of team when it comes to anything outside of threes. That doesn't work as well with our system and Queta. Unless we have an abysmal offensive night, and break down on our perimeter defense whereas they go lights out from 3, I believe we make the proper adjustments and win this game easier than the last. Just stop the turnovers!

USU. 73
Nev. 61
I think them coming back will light a fire in this team to execute better for the whole game. Winning by 20 might have put the team to be a little not as focused. Hopefully Miller can get some treatment and be effective, we need his shooting.



cornia27
Posts: 150
Joined: November 24th, 2010, 6:54 pm
Has thanked: 20 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by cornia27 » February 28th, 2021, 10:36 am

USU 74
Nevada 60



User avatar
USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly
Posts: 9567
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:43 am
Location: Sandy
Has thanked: 2603 times
Been thanked: 798 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by USU78 » February 28th, 2021, 10:40 am

76-67 GoAgs!


You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

nvspuds
Posts: 1055
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 501 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by nvspuds » February 28th, 2021, 10:53 am

I am no predictor..The game will go how the game goes..I think the home court helps but I do not believe your team is dramatically better than Nevada. Both schools are dealing with the loss of a really important player. That hurts both rotations..

I do not think a lack of focus caused you to give up 47 points in the second half..It's a 40 minute game. Here is a little nugget.

After spotting you a 6 to 0 lead in the first few minutes the Pack scored 72 over the rest of the game. Your cats scored 69...

Now, maybe you will win in a big blowout today but maybe not. These seem like pretty evenly matched teams..



slcagg
Posts: 6960
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1611 times
Been thanked: 1255 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by slcagg » February 28th, 2021, 12:14 pm

nvspuds wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 10:53 am
I am no predictor..The game will go how the game goes..I think the home court helps but I do not believe your team is dramatically better than Nevada. Both schools are dealing with the loss of a really important player. That hurts both rotations..

I do not think a lack of focus caused you to give up 47 points in the second half..It's a 40 minute game. Here is a little nugget.

After spotting you a 6 to 0 lead in the first few minutes the Pack scored 72 over the rest of the game. Your cats scored 69...

Now, maybe you will win in a big blowout today but maybe not. These seem like pretty evenly matched teams..
You guys sure seem to be playing well and have come on as the season has progressed. So is the case for a young team with a promising future.

What’s the matter with Meeks?



User avatar
scotlandog
Posts: 1360
Joined: February 16th, 2011, 7:18 pm
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 199 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by scotlandog » February 28th, 2021, 12:21 pm

79-67 USU


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score & '20 FB Bowl
Posts: 1040
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 2:29 pm
Has thanked: 39 times
Been thanked: 54 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by aggies1 » February 28th, 2021, 12:22 pm

nevada 62
UTAH STATE 77



nvspuds
Posts: 1055
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 501 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by nvspuds » February 28th, 2021, 12:24 pm

Sore knees..He has missed a lot of time..

Yes, this is a young team progressing and it will be an older team next year with a whole lot of talent coming in next season..
There will be some turnover as there are currently 13 guys on scholarship and everyone is eligible to return.. However, there are two freshmen due to come aboard in the fall as well.

Every starter is coming back and I suspect the 3 top reserves too..This will be a very versatile, very long team next season.



Aggiealum13
Posts: 381
Joined: February 3rd, 2017, 4:28 am
Has thanked: 14 times
Been thanked: 109 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by Aggiealum13 » February 28th, 2021, 1:39 pm

nvspuds wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 12:24 pm
Sore knees..He has missed a lot of time..

Yes, this is a young team progressing and it will be an older team next year with a whole lot of talent coming in next season..
There will be some turnover as there are currently 13 guys on scholarship and everyone is eligible to return.. However, there are two freshmen due to come aboard in the fall as well.

Every starter is coming back and I suspect the 3 top reserves too..This will be a very versatile, very long team next season.
I do believe Nevada will be really good next year. You're right, they are young and they're bringing a lot of guys back next year. Alford has that team trending in the right direction. The conference as a whole is getting better, and that's exciting for all conference members and fans of those teams.



slcagg
Posts: 6960
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1611 times
Been thanked: 1255 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by slcagg » February 28th, 2021, 1:41 pm

nvspuds wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 12:24 pm
Sore knees..He has missed a lot of time..

Yes, this is a young team progressing and it will be an older team next year with a whole lot of talent coming in next season..
There will be some turnover as there are currently 13 guys on scholarship and everyone is eligible to return.. However, there are two freshmen due to come aboard in the fall as well.

Every starter is coming back and I suspect the 3 top reserves too..This will be a very versatile, very long team next season.
Remind me who do you have sitting this year?



User avatar
MrBiggle
Posts: 1502
Joined: October 10th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 501 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by MrBiggle » February 28th, 2021, 2:05 pm

USU 80
UNR 70


Where only sage brush grows

User avatar
bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score
Posts: 2339
Joined: March 5th, 2015, 7:59 pm
Location: The suburbs of Lewiston
Has thanked: 198 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by bigblue » February 28th, 2021, 3:27 pm

Same nail biter as Friday

78 to 74 USU

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk



Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

nvspuds
Posts: 1055
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 501 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by nvspuds » February 28th, 2021, 3:36 pm

slcagg wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 1:41 pm
nvspuds wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 12:24 pm
Sore knees..He has missed a lot of time..

Yes, this is a young team progressing and it will be an older team next year with a whole lot of talent coming in next season..
There will be some turnover as there are currently 13 guys on scholarship and everyone is eligible to return.. However, there are two freshmen due to come aboard in the fall as well.

Every starter is coming back and I suspect the 3 top reserves too..This will be a very versatile, very long team next season.
Remind me who do you have sitting this year?
Addison Patterson..6'6 guard transfer from Oregon. Will Baker, 7 foot PF/C transfer from Texas. Both will be sophs. Baker won't be eligible until the second semester.

Both were top 40, four star recruits out of high school.



slcagg
Posts: 6960
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1611 times
Been thanked: 1255 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by slcagg » February 28th, 2021, 3:37 pm

nvspuds wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 3:36 pm
slcagg wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 1:41 pm
nvspuds wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 12:24 pm
Sore knees..He has missed a lot of time..

Yes, this is a young team progressing and it will be an older team next year with a whole lot of talent coming in next season..
There will be some turnover as there are currently 13 guys on scholarship and everyone is eligible to return.. However, there are two freshmen due to come aboard in the fall as well.

Every starter is coming back and I suspect the 3 top reserves too..This will be a very versatile, very long team next season.
Remind me who do you have sitting this year?
Addison Patterson..6'6 guard transfer from Oregon. Will Baker, 7 foot PF/C transfer from Texas. Both will be sophs. Baker won't be eligible until the second semester.

Both were top 40, four star recruits out of high school.
Ah yes that’s who. You guys might be the favorite next year. That’s some nice talent. Alford seems to be building like he did at New Mexico.



nvspuds
Posts: 1055
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 501 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by nvspuds » February 28th, 2021, 3:41 pm

He is..

Last season was a transitional year with some of Mussleman's recruits

This season is the first of the true rebuild..Hymes is the only Muss guy left.

Next season is when they should be pretty good..
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post:
slcagg



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3704
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 1180 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by ineptimusprime » February 28th, 2021, 7:13 pm

nvspuds wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 10:53 am
I am no predictor..The game will go how the game goes..I think the home court helps but I do not believe your team is dramatically better than Nevada. Both schools are dealing with the loss of a really important player. That hurts both rotations..

I do not think a lack of focus caused you to give up 47 points in the second half..It's a 40 minute game. Here is a little nugget.

After spotting you a 6 to 0 lead in the first few minutes the Pack scored 72 over the rest of the game. Your cats scored 69...

Now, maybe you will win in a big blowout today but maybe not. These seem like pretty evenly matched teams..
We are dramatically better than Nevada. We went the equivalent of an entire NBA quarter without scoring from the field and still beat you guys. An insane field goal drought is the only thing that kept both these games from being blowouts.

Tonight we shot like 10% from three and boat-raced your guys.

If both teams play an “A” game, USU wins by 15 on a neutral floor.

You have a good young team, and I think could be better than us next year. With a strong performance, you could beat us in the conference tourney this year too.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 2):
MrBiggleutaggies



slcagg
Posts: 6960
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1611 times
Been thanked: 1255 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by slcagg » February 28th, 2021, 7:48 pm

Yeah I don’t want to be rude to spuds because he is a fantastic visitor but Nevada is not the team usu is this year. Both games would have been 20 pt games if we score buckets the last 10 mins of the last game.

To prove my point we are much better in net rankings for a reason.

With that said Nevada has a bright future. But so does Utah state.



nvspuds
Posts: 1055
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 501 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by nvspuds » February 28th, 2021, 8:10 pm

Fair enough..I have never said that USU doesn't have a bright future or that Nevada will be better than you cats. I still don't think you are dramatically better but you certainly were tonight.

The Pack should be better than "they" are now next year..How that plays out for the future standings is unknowable at this time. It really has nothing to do with USU.. It has everything to do with how Nevada plays next year.

When the Pack is on they can play very well and beat teams at or near the top of the league..When they are off they can get bombed..It happens. Hopefully they will be a bit more consistent going forward.

However, I make no excuses and I did say earlier today that you might win a blow out.

Congrats on the wins..you earned them..
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post:
slcagg



pilotaggie
Posts: 766
Joined: November 13th, 2010, 6:53 pm
Has thanked: 38 times
Been thanked: 69 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by pilotaggie » February 28th, 2021, 8:21 pm

Spuds is the exact opposite of the iconic Frank. Spuds posts are informative and balanced..

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk



This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

Intermeddler
Posts: 2249
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 316 times
Been thanked: 341 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by Intermeddler » February 28th, 2021, 8:36 pm

pilotaggie wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 8:21 pm
Spuds is the exact opposite of the iconic Frank. Spuds posts are informative and balanced..

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Best visiting poster by far. Glad he visits the board.



slcagg
Posts: 6960
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1611 times
Been thanked: 1255 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by slcagg » February 28th, 2021, 8:52 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 8:36 pm
pilotaggie wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 8:21 pm
Spuds is the exact opposite of the iconic Frank. Spuds posts are informative and balanced..

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Best visiting poster by far. Glad he visits the board.
100%. Love spuds input.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
Intermeddler



usufan1
Posts: 587
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:09 pm
Has thanked: 295 times
Been thanked: 92 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by usufan1 » February 28th, 2021, 9:41 pm

nvspuds wrote:
slcagg wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 1:41 pm
nvspuds wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 12:24 pm
Sore knees..He has missed a lot of time..

Yes, this is a young team progressing and it will be an older team next year with a whole lot of talent coming in next season..
There will be some turnover as there are currently 13 guys on scholarship and everyone is eligible to return.. However, there are two freshmen due to come aboard in the fall as well.

Every starter is coming back and I suspect the 3 top reserves too..This will be a very versatile, very long team next season.
Remind me who do you have sitting this year?
Addison Patterson..6'6 guard transfer from Oregon. Will Baker, 7 foot PF/C transfer from Texas. Both will be sophs. Baker won't be eligible until the second semester.

Both were top 40, four star recruits out of high school.
Addison was talking to the fans a little today.

A USU fan was calling for a travel on Nevada and Addison turned around to tell him it was a "good (I can't express myself without swearing) play".

Not much later Marco made a layup and got fouled. I told Addison to watch the replay to see a good (I can't express myself without swearing) play. After they showed it he turned around and agreed it was.

Appreciate when the players can be good sports about things.

Honestly excited for Nevada and all of the MW to continue to improve. Love being in this conference.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk


These users thanked the author usufan1 for the post:
USU78



User avatar
ineptimusprime
Posts: 3704
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:07 pm
Has thanked: 115 times
Been thanked: 1180 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by ineptimusprime » March 1st, 2021, 8:57 pm

Intermeddler wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 8:36 pm
pilotaggie wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 8:21 pm
Spuds is the exact opposite of the iconic Frank. Spuds posts are informative and balanced..

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Best visiting poster by far. Glad he visits the board.
Spuds is great, no question. I just happen to disagree with him about USU not being dramatically better this season.



nvspuds
Posts: 1055
Joined: November 17th, 2010, 6:32 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 501 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by nvspuds » March 2nd, 2021, 1:45 pm

I am not all that great! Just sorta average..
These users thanked the author nvspuds for the post:
USU78



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5703
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 341 times
Been thanked: 777 times

Re: Nevada game 2 predictions

Post by Aglicious » March 2nd, 2021, 2:35 pm

nvspuds wrote:
March 2nd, 2021, 1:45 pm
I am not all that great! Just sorta average..
Humble brag.

We know you're a mensch! :cool2:



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic