I Just saw this and should the Aggies entertain the idea

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SLB

I Just saw this and should the Aggies entertain the idea

Post by SLB » February 28th, 2021, 11:30 pm

OKAggie

Re: I Just saw this and should the Aggies entertain the idea

Post by OKAggie » February 28th, 2021, 11:43 pm

The MWCT ends the day before Selection Sunday (last year was an exception). This is more for the BYU, Drake, Loyolas of the world whose CTs are this week.

Nobody here knows anything.

utaggies

Post by utaggies » February 28th, 2021, 11:57 pm

The Aggies are not a candidate for this. Our last two regular season games are on Thursday, March 4 (home against Wyoming) and Saturday, March 6 (away against Fresno St.). The conference tournament then begins on the following Wednesday, although as a higher seed we won’t be playing until Thursday, March 11. The WCC could schedule games in between their conference tourney and selection Sunday, but the only two teams from that conference are already in the tourney (Gonzaga and BYU) and there would be no upside for them to schedule and possibly lose to a bubble team from a smaller conference.

The only teams that would be interested in playing between their conference tournaments and SS would be bubble teams from small, one-bid conferences — possibly a regular season champion which gets upset in its conference tourney.

Regardless, the two losses to BSU sealed our NCAA at-large fate. We either win the conference tournament or we are NIT bound. At this point there is no burnishing our tournament resume.

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 1st, 2021, 6:58 am

utaggies wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 11:57 pm
The Aggies are not a candidate for this. Our last two regular season games are on Thursday, March 4 (home against Wyoming) and Saturday, March 6 (away against Fresno St.). The conference tournament then begins on the following Wednesday, although as a higher seed we won’t be playing until Thursday, March 11. The WCC could schedule games in between their conference tourney and selection Sunday, but the only two teams from that conference are already in the tourney (Gonzaga and BYU) and there would be no upside for them to schedule and possibly lose to a bubble team from a smaller conference.

The only teams that would be interested in playing between their conference tournaments and SS would be bubble teams from small, one-bid conferences — possibly a regular season champion which gets upset in its conference tourney.

Regardless, the two losses to BSU sealed our NCAA at-large fate. We either win the conference tournament or we are NIT bound. At this point there is no burnishing our tournament resume.
I tend to agree we need to win the conference tourney, but if CSU loses to Nevada this week and we beat CSU in the conference tourney, I can see us stealing CSU’s spot even if we were to lose in the conference final.

Assuming of course we win both games this week.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » March 1st, 2021, 7:01 am

Win out to the championship finals and I think we have an excellent shot.

Btw I think the Fresno game could be a sneaky tough game this week.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 1st, 2021, 7:06 am

I think if we in out & get to the conference finals (as long as the conference semi-final game gives us another Q1 win) we’re in.

bullshot

Post by bullshot » March 1st, 2021, 9:01 am

If we win out and make the finals and lose, we should be in unless we lose in the finals to Colorado St. The NCAA is only taking 2 teams max. And one of those is likely SDS.

scotlandog

Post by scotlandog » March 1st, 2021, 11:21 am

I think we will likely play CSU in the semi and the winner of that game is in and the loser of that game is out. CSU is last team in and we are first 4 out. I don’t think both make it. I think BSU needs to beat Nevada in the 4/5 game and then beat SDSU or have a really good showing to be in.

I predict SDSU, BSU, and USU will make it in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic