Brady's time to shine

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
MetsJetsAggies

Brady's time to shine

Post by MetsJetsAggies » November 3rd, 2010, 3:19 pm

The loss of Bendall will be huge, there are no if's, and's, or but's about it. If anything, I think he should literally not do any physical activity or do anything on his feet besides walk in the boot until after conference play starts, maybe even until sometime in January, at that point try to put some work on it and do some conditioning. They can reevaluate him, and see whether he wants to give it a go for part of conference play and hopefully an NCAA tourney run, or if he wants to redshirt instead (which may not even be an option, as his foot problems are chronic and may not even be worth it to come back next season).

However, losing Bendall opens up a huge door for Brady this season. Now that he will get to log 30 minutes a game, I think we will really see him shine out there. We all know what he can do coming off the bench in 15-20 minutes, but I think he will be a stud starting forward for us with all the work he has put into his game. For the next 2 seasons I fully expect him to lead the team in rebounding, blocks, and be up there in points as well. He probably will even put up better numbers than Bendall did for us last season, with the only problem being we won't have anyone like Brady coming off the bench for us this season. Grim and Formisano are solid big men off the bench, but I was hoping we wouldn't have to use them all that much this season other than when we're up a lot or in foul trouble.

Losing a solid big man like Bendall will definitely hurt us at some point or another, but to be honest I don't see it hurting us as much as it could if we didn't have someone like Brady to step right in and start. I also don't think losing Bendall hurts our chances all that much against BYU, or even Georgetown (who don't have too many big men this season, and are very quick and guard oriented). It may hurt us come NCAA tourney time, but we can avoid that if we can win enough games this season to earn a 5/6 seed and hopefully get to play a smaller team in the first round.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Re: Brady's time to shine

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 3rd, 2010, 3:46 pm

i always thought bendall was a little slow (probably because of foot problems, partially), but a very solid mental player and good at making that elbow shot when he has it open. His height helped us a lot too. I think Jardine's vertical will make up for that.

BigPermAg
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by BigPermAg » November 3rd, 2010, 7:33 pm

We are going to miss his defensive strength down in the post at least a couple of times this year. Jardine really has a lot of intangibles that Bendall doesn't, but DAMNMNMNMNMMM we could use DiLoreto about now!

aggIenut
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by aggIenut » November 9th, 2010, 5:02 pm

new to the board, but......how many times do Brady Jardine's parents/relatives post per day, and how many different user names do they have ?

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » November 9th, 2010, 5:06 pm

aggIenut wrote:new to the board, but......how many times do Brady Jardine's parents/relatives post per day, and how many different user names do they have ?
I'm a former mod from the former board, and Brady's family have not participated in this here thread.

That was a really rotten thing to say, aggIenut.

Who p!ssed in your Bosco?

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

ericsil7

Post by ericsil7 » November 9th, 2010, 5:51 pm

Back on subject...I think that Brady will have a really good year. If he keeps on rebounding like he has in the preseason games I think that he may average a double double. Hes been a machine so far this year. My only worries is the depth behind him and Tai, both of them have problems with picking up stupid fouls, and neither of them is taller than 6-7. Bradys hops may help make up that difference at times, but hes still only 6-6. So one of the major questions going to year is if Grim and Formy can come in for 10-15 min and contribute with size, rebounding and a little offense.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 9th, 2010, 6:50 pm

Brady looks like a legit 6'7" to me, and his length, size, and vertical allow him to play much bigger. Like others have said, the abilities of Grim and Formisano to come in and provide some quality relief is more of a concern than Brady starting to me. Energy, heart, and execution can make up for height, especially in college basketball. I remember when Spencer Nelson and Nate Harris shut down Bogut in the Spectrum. Butler made it to the championship game with a 6'7"-8" center.

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » November 9th, 2010, 7:03 pm

aggIenut wrote:new to the board, but......how many times do Brady Jardine's parents/relatives post per day, and how many different user names do they have ?
:crazy: Wow. Actually I'm a student here at USU. :rock:

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » November 9th, 2010, 8:07 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
:crazy: Wow. Actually I'm a student here at USU. :rock:
LOL what an idiot. MetsJets is semi-critical of jardine in other threads, saying he is a little worried about him, and this dude comes in, makes HIS FIRST POST EVER by accusing brady's family of making multiple names, and then leaves. Maybe you made another name just because you don't like jardine?

anyway. Jardine was recruited for this situation, IMO. To sit on the bench, learn the system, learn to harness his freak athleticism, then unleash it when it came time.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » November 9th, 2010, 8:10 pm

My Grandma was a Jardine, so I guess that we might be distantly related. I will delete my account just for aggienut even though I don't even know Brady. I wouldn't want anything I say to be interpreted wrong.

Locked Previous topicNext topic