Xavier (bull shiz)

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AgsRock
Has thanked: 0

Xavier (bull shiz)

Post by AgsRock » March 8th, 2021, 10:07 am

I have seen two brackets now where it shows we are the last team out and Xavier is the last team in. What the heck, they are having a middling year in the big east, what a joke.

AgsRock
Has thanked: 0

Re: Xavier (bull shiz)

Post by AgsRock » March 8th, 2021, 10:10 am

We are second in our conference, with a better non-conference SOS. I think that Mountain West will get three teams. Gotta win some game this week.

SLB

Post by SLB » March 8th, 2021, 10:14 am

AgsRock wrote:
March 8th, 2021, 10:07 am
I have seen two brackets now where it shows we are the last team out and Xavier is the last team in. What the heck, they are having a middling year in the big east, what a joke.
Stuff like that is why I made that one thread. The bracket folks are really lazy these days.
Basically Team A through C rotate the last in regardless what happens.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 8th, 2021, 10:17 am

I hope we continue to make our case for an at-large bid. We are prone to a bad shooting night every now and again. We also don't really have a closer like most of the rest of the conference. When you are on the bubble, you have to continue to win games.

We also need to remember that this is a weird year with COVID protocols. Who knows how the committee will look at each team?

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 8th, 2021, 10:27 am

Leave it up to a bunch of pundits when you lose OOC games you should win. Just win the MWC tournament now that we lost our chance in the preseason. Aggie fans shouldn't be complaining about the lack of opportunities to find ourselves in a better situation.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 8th, 2021, 10:36 am

We deserve to be in over Xavier, but there for sure is an east coast bias.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
pilotaggie

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 8th, 2021, 10:36 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
March 8th, 2021, 10:27 am
Leave it up to a bunch of pundits when you lose OOC games you should win. Just win the MWC tournament now that we lost our chance in the preseason. Aggie fans shouldn't be complaining about the lack of opportunities to find ourselves in a better situation.
We made our bed early on in the OOC, and then added the throw pillows by failing to close out game two against CSU, losing a headscratcher at UNLV, and failing to split with Boise (I am willing to forgive these two losses because they were on the road and we were without Rollie).

We are honestly right where we deserve to be.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post (total 4):
utaggiesReal Life Aggiepilotaggieflying_scotsman2.0

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 8th, 2021, 10:40 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
We for sure have had our chances to cement ourselves, but I would think that we deserve to be in over Xavier. We are ranked 10 spots higher in the net which was supposed to even out the field better and make it a little more cut and dry in choosing teams. I say cut and dry because Colgate is an outlier. We should have taken care of business when he had the chances, but with that we should be in over Xavier at this point based on rankings in my opinion.

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » March 8th, 2021, 11:02 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
We for sure have had our chances to cement ourselves, but I would think that we deserve to be in over Xavier. We are ranked 10 spots higher in the net which was supposed to even out the field better and make it a little more cut and dry in choosing teams. I say cut and dry because Colgate is an outlier. We should have taken care of business when he had the chances, but with that we should be in over Xavier at this point based on rankings in my opinion.
You are forgetting a large piece of the eye test which is where is this school located.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

Bank Shot

Post by Bank Shot » March 8th, 2021, 11:05 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 8th, 2021, 10:36 am
AggieFBObsession wrote:
We made our bed early on in the OOC, and then added the throw pillows by failing to close out game two against CSU, losing a headscratcher at UNLV, and failing to split with Boise (I am willing to forgive these two losses because they were on the road and we were without Rollie).

We missed opportunities but so did Xavier by losing to Georgetown and Marquette this week. Are their misses more forgiveable?

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 8th, 2021, 11:25 am

Bank Shot wrote:
March 8th, 2021, 11:05 am
ineptimusprime wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:

We missed opportunities but so did Xavier by losing to Georgetown and Marquette this week. Are their misses more forgiveable?
That is what frustrates me. We lost to UNLV which is was just bad, but the 2 BSU games were quad 1 losses without playing with our starting point guard. Xavier loses to teams that were not great, but they still stay in the field.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 8th, 2021, 11:32 am

Xavier is riding a victory over Oklahoma all the way to the NCAA tournament.

Eutaw St. Aggie

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 8th, 2021, 11:34 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:

Agreed. And I get the frustration with seeing teams with not great W/L records get in, but imagine if our entire schedule were played at/above highest ranked games we're playing right now. And, as we're quick to point out in favor of USU, W/L doesn't show all the picture. A close loss to a great school (an excellent performance against an excellent performance) is better than a decent win over a crappy opponent.

I'm not trying to defend Xavier here (I think we're more deserving of an at-large than they are, which is reflected in NET, KenPom, Sagarin, record, and eye test), just with the big conference bias in general. Nevertheless, they have the benefit of a much better schedule.

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » March 8th, 2021, 11:57 am

pilotaggie wrote:
March 8th, 2021, 11:02 am
Aggie84025 wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
You are forgetting a large piece of the eye test which is where is this school located.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk
Here's the thing about the "eye test": if the viewer's eyes aren't open when the games are played in the west, you can't pass the test. It's not just east coast bias, it's late night bias.

Nobody here knows anything.

bpd

Post by bpd » March 8th, 2021, 12:09 pm

#1 It is bull $hit, not bull shiz and what the hell and not heck.
2. In the words of Craig Smith, if we are good enough to get in, we will, if we are not, then we won't.
3. We have had plenty of chances to win and get in and we haven't. We have some good wins, if we don't get in, that is on us.
4. We can't sit here and rip Boise and say, well, if you can't be Fresno, then don't complain, beat a crappy team. If we don't get in, it is because we didn't beat UNLV or South Dakota St... or Boise St or BYU.
5. Injuries suck, but everybody has them including Xavier.
These users thanked the author bpd for the post:
LarryTheAggie

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » March 8th, 2021, 12:45 pm

We don't beat many teams based on the eye test. I think people are forgetting how the eye test is performed.

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » March 8th, 2021, 1:38 pm

Not to be left out is that they have lost 5 of their last 7 games, and are 6-7 in conference.

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 8th, 2021, 1:43 pm

bpd wrote:
March 8th, 2021, 12:09 pm
#1 It is bull $hit, not bull shiz and what the hell and not heck.
2. In the words of Craig Smith, if we are good enough to get in, we will, if we are not, then we won't.
3. We have had plenty of chances to win and get in and we haven't. We have some good wins, if we don't get in, that is on us.
4. We can't sit here and rip Boise and say, well, if you can't be Fresno, then don't complain, beat a crappy team. If we don't get in, it is because we didn't beat UNLV or South Dakota St... or Boise St or BYU.
5. Injuries suck, but everybody has them including Xavier.
Yep if we don't get in, we'll only have ourselves to blame. We had many chances this year to prove we are an elite team. We won some of them; SDSU, first game against CSU, but lost several others and also have some bad losses. If we lose to Colorado State in the semifinal, we'll have further shown we don't belong. It is up to our team to prove they are a tournament team this week.

ChicagoAggie

Post by ChicagoAggie » March 10th, 2021, 9:00 pm

Xavier lost tonight. They are 2-6 in their last 8. That should knock them out.

Locked Previous topicNext topic