San Diego State

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
LoveMyAggies

San Diego State

Post by LoveMyAggies » March 13th, 2021, 8:54 am

I am looking at the matchups, and I think Bean might be the best matchup for Shakal if he's not hitting 3's, if he is hitting 3's maybe miller can stick with him, not sure how his back is doing after 2 in a row games in 2 days. It would be nice to see Bairstow ready for some important matchups and minutes defensively. Most likely, we will see Anthony working Shakal.

I think Queta contains Mensah(sp?). And their 2 shorter guards that hurt us in game 2, Worster, Anthony and Ashworth to contain them.

The last matchup is Mitchell, I think mixing Bean and Anderson will be enough to slow him down. Keep him below 15-20 points will be big. Make Mitchell beat the Aggies with superman shots, let's hope Bean can get into his head. If he hits 3 straight shots, the Aggies might need to get more physical with Mitchell, same with Shakal.

Overall: Keep rebounding like crazy, low turnovers, and be ready for a 1 3 1 zone/and potentially full court presses to manage the offense.

Aggie84025

Re: San Diego State

Post by Aggie84025 » March 13th, 2021, 9:04 am

Those are all good points. The other key for me is energy and intensity. We know SDSU wants this really bad after losing to us twice this year and the last 2 championship games.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post:
Full

stwinward

Post by stwinward » March 13th, 2021, 9:33 am

Aggie84025 wrote:
March 13th, 2021, 9:04 am
Those are all good points. The other key for me is energy and intensity. We know SDSU wants this really bad after losing to us twice this year and the last 2 championship games.
This is what worries me also. But then again, I think our good are equally motivated to 3peat.

SectionBAggie

Post by SectionBAggie » March 13th, 2021, 10:06 am

For years, USU could not win a game against SDSU. Almost as if some sort of mystique was playing into the outcome.

SDSU has only had 6 total losses in the last two years. That is an unbelievable stretch.

Of those 6, 3 have come against the same team And if you go back to the post-season of 2019, 4 of their last 8 losses are against USU.

Hopefully, the mystique is a thing of the past.

LoveMyAggies

Post by LoveMyAggies » March 13th, 2021, 2:07 pm

Too bad there won’t be any fans there to throw nachos onto the floor when there’s a bad call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » March 13th, 2021, 2:19 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:Those are all good points. The other key for me is energy and intensity. We know SDSU wants this really bad after losing to us twice this year and the last 2 championship games.
I'm my mind this is the biggest issue. We beat them twice on our floor. They don't want a third loss to us this season and it is always difficult to beat a good team three times in the same season.

It is for the championship however and Queta and Bean are really going to want this game badly. Marco has been down this road in a different role but it isn't new for him. Miller is a wild card and a good game from him could easily be the difference.

Someone posted earlier that is run has been one for the ages. Enjoy it while it lasts. Let's get one more win and see what the future holds.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 13th, 2021, 2:21 pm

If SDSU loses this game it won't be because they overlooked us or they weren't motivated. No one wants to lose 3 straight Championships to the same team. No one wants to get swept in a season by a team either. SDSU is going to be there to play and the Aggies are going to have to play extremely well to get a win tonight.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
Real Life Aggie

Aggiealum13

Post by Aggiealum13 » March 13th, 2021, 2:29 pm

Both these teams are quite similar. Both are very defensive minded. Offensively both teams are about average or slightly above average. I believe this game comes down to that side of the ball though. Whoever will shoot better will probably win this game. I feel like our offense is due for a good shooting day.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 13th, 2021, 3:01 pm

LoveMyAggies wrote:
March 13th, 2021, 2:07 pm
Too bad there won’t be any fans there to throw nachos onto the floor when there’s a bad call. Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Let's hear the story. I always love good nachos throwing tantrum.

Locked Previous topicNext topic