13=13 ('21-'22 Roster. Updated 5/24)

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
slcagg

Re: 13=13

Post by slcagg » March 23rd, 2021, 12:35 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 12:34 pm
slcagg wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 9:32 am
aggies22 wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 9:31 am
I've also heard Brock Miller has every intention of returning next season.
Great news. Hope that means he feels his back will improve.
Of course he will. Where else would he go and be able to collect a scholarship, play meaningful minutes while being bad at basketball? The dude has it great, no way he's giving that up!
We all know you love him. Just tell us your true feelings already.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
Halestorm21

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » March 23rd, 2021, 12:36 pm

The staff just has to get it done on the JC/grad transfer market this year. Pretty much that simple.

I hope people get to see how valuable a player like Miller can be if we can add the pieces needed to space the floor.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
stewusu98

utaggies

Post by utaggies » March 23rd, 2021, 12:39 pm

GeoAg wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 10:45 am
New to bring in a guard who can penetrate and create. Rollie is OK at it and needs to get better to be successful in the postseason
I don’t think Rollie’s problem is necessarily that he can’t create and finish, it’s that his 3-point shooting is not good enough for opponents to respect him further limiting his ability to drive and finish.
These users thanked the author utaggies for the post (total 3):
gomretatsockpuppetAggie in Boise

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » March 23rd, 2021, 12:42 pm

utaggies wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 12:39 pm
GeoAg wrote:
New to bring in a guard who can penetrate and create. Rollie is OK at it and needs to get better to be successful in the postseason
I don’t think Rollie’s problem is necessarily that he can’t create and finish, it’s that his 3-point shooting is not good enough for opponents to respect him further limiting his ability to drive and finish.
He might be a tad too heavy for a D1 point guard. I’m told he played football and that’s the likely reason for the extra muscle. If he can get down to 190 or so I think it will help his game.

Donman

Post by Donman » March 23rd, 2021, 12:56 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Of course he will. Where else would he go and be able to collect a scholarship, play meaningful minutes, shoot as much as he wants while being generally bad at basketball? The dude has it great, no way he's giving that up!

Beating a dead horse.

In reality when we were really good, Brock was playing great.
These users thanked the author Donman for the post (total 2):
gomretatcdaAg

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » March 23rd, 2021, 1:13 pm

Donman wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Of course he will. Where else would he go and be able to collect a scholarship, play meaningful minutes, shoot as much as he wants while being generally bad at basketball? The dude has it great, no way he's giving that up!

Beating a dead horse.

Yes because a 3-point marksman is extremely valuable. The problem is he isn’t consistent enough. But whether it’s Brock is someone else, it is absolutely imperative that we get consistent outside shooting next season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 2):
Real Life Aggieoleblu111

Donman

Post by Donman » March 23rd, 2021, 1:15 pm

2004AG wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 1:13 pm
Donman wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:

Beating a dead horse.

Yes because a 3-point marksman is extremely valuable. The problem is he isn’t consistent enough. But whether it’s Brock is someone else, it is absolutely imperative that we get consistent outside shooting next season.

He was doing pretty good until his injury. But yes we need more 3-point shooting.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 23rd, 2021, 1:19 pm

2004AG wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 1:13 pm
Donman wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:

Beating a dead horse.

Rich Kelly is in the transfer portal again. We went after him last year when he was in the transfer portal. He ended up at Boston College & averaged 11 ppg this last season. He's a terrific 3 point shooter.
These users thanked the author Roy McAvoy for the post (total 2):
slcaggAggie formerly in Hawaii

GUS

Post by GUS » March 23rd, 2021, 1:32 pm

How do you access the transfer portal to see who is in it?

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 23rd, 2021, 1:43 pm

GUS wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 1:32 pm
How do you access the transfer portal to see who is in it?
Here you go, GUS: https://247sports.com/Season/2021-Baske ... ferPortal/

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » March 23rd, 2021, 1:56 pm

slcagg wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 10:46 am
GeoAg wrote:
Do you think ashworth has that potential? I felt that way until the last 3 weeks of the season and am now not sure there.

I think the MW and NCAA tournies got really big for Steven. I still think he can be a really strong player. I'm looking forward to the improvements he'll make in the off season.
These users thanked the author newhouse9 for the post (total 2):
ProvoAggiecdaAg

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » March 23rd, 2021, 2:21 pm

Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 9:12 am
Let's look at the roster next season. It seems there's a chance we have quite a few spots open. Until we hear otherwise, I am going to assume Queta is going pro, Fonso is moving on (per Aggies22), & Karwowski is graduating & moving on. That leaves us with 3 spots available.
Then we have these questions: Will Brock Miller's back allow him to keep playing? Will Bairstow, McChesney, or Shulga transfer? Given the situation I have to think we'll be big players in the transfer market.

(For those who don't know, there's a long standing "13=13" joke around here that goes way back.)

Scholarships:
1. Justin Bean F, SR
2. Marco Anthony G, SR
3. Brock Miller G, SR
4. Sean Bairstow G, JR
5. Liam McChesney F, SO
6. Rollie Worster G, SO
7. Steven Ashworth G, SO
8. Max Shulga G, SO
9. Szymon Zapala C, SO
10. Cade Potter F, FR

Walk-ons
1. Trevin Dorius C, JR
2. Karson Stastny G, SO
3. Matthew Wickizer F, SO
4. Landon Brenchley G, FR

Moving on:
1. Neemias Queta C, JR
2. Fonso Anderson F, SR
3. Kuba Karwowski C, SR
I thought we would have four openings with Zahar leaving midseason. What am I missing?

brian5562

Post by brian5562 » March 23rd, 2021, 2:26 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
Dude, did Brock steal your girl or sleep with your sister?
These users thanked the author brian5562 for the post:
AggieFanNate

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 23rd, 2021, 2:26 pm

AgMan21 wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 2:21 pm
Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 9:12 am
Let's look at the roster next season. It seems there's a chance we have quite a few spots open. Until we hear otherwise, I am going to assume Queta is going pro, Fonso is moving on (per Aggies22), & Karwowski is graduating & moving on. That leaves us with 3 spots available.
Then we have these questions: Will Brock Miller's back allow him to keep playing? Will Bairstow, McChesney, or Shulga transfer? Given the situation I have to think we'll be big players in the transfer market.

(For those who don't know, there's a long standing "13=13" joke around here that goes way back.)

Scholarships:
1. Justin Bean F, SR
2. Marco Anthony G, SR
3. Brock Miller G, SR
4. Sean Bairstow G, JR
5. Liam McChesney F, SO
6. Rollie Worster G, SO
7. Steven Ashworth G, SO
8. Max Shulga G, SO
9. Szymon Zapala C, SO
10. Cade Potter F, FR

Walk-ons
1. Trevin Dorius C, JR
2. Karson Stastny G, SO
3. Matthew Wickizer F, SO
4. Landon Brenchley G, FR

Moving on:
1. Neemias Queta C, JR
2. Fonso Anderson F, SR
3. Kuba Karwowski C, SR
I thought we would have four openings with Zahar leaving midseason. What am I missing?
The addition of Cade Potter as an incoming freshman taking one spot.

AggieFanNate

Post by AggieFanNate » March 23rd, 2021, 2:28 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 9:21 am
slcagg wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 9:16 am
Maybe one of the walk ons will get a scholarship? But it seems to be that we will have several spots open. Going to be an interesting spring.
Unless the situation has changed, Dorius won't take a scholarship. I don't know about Stastny or Wickizer, but given that we basically never saw them on the court, I'm going to say those scholarships are safe from them for the time being.

Given some of the insider info already shared on the boards, I'm going to assume that Shulga, Liam, and Bairstow are gone. This sucks because I'd anticipated significant contributions out of at least 2 of them, but given their lack of PT earned, maybe it's just an opportunity to bring in some bigger contributors.
why do people keep saying Liam is going to leave? I can see bairstow but like Liam missed his first year and right when he was going to get play time he got injured idk how he could feel like he got gyped play time. Now if he plays this year and does well but wants to be THE GUY somewhere else I can see it but he hasn't proven anything on the college court he would be putting himself in a worse position trying to move because the only people who will take him wont be good teams.

Shulga? Idk why he would leave either he was good near the end of this season give him another year and he will totally be a starter. I can see him as a huge sparkplug.

AggieFanNate

Post by AggieFanNate » March 23rd, 2021, 2:31 pm

NVAggie wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 9:58 am
Bairstow is a mess that may have eventually paid off like Brito. I have no idea. I haven't been a Bairstow fan and won't cry if he is gone. Shulga is a mystery. He seems like someone with some talent. I see a bigger role for him next year if he continues to improve. I am not encouraged by Liam like most people. I hope to be proven wrong. I doubt he stays healthy enough to play a whole season.
also health hasn't been a huge issue. He was healthy but redshirted all last year unless I missed something and then he got injured this year. I don't think the bodes for a huge problem with injuries just means he got hurt.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 23rd, 2021, 2:36 pm

AggieFanNate wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 2:28 pm
Real Life Aggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:
Maybe one of the walk ons will get a scholarship? But it seems to be that we will have several spots open. Going to be an interesting spring.
Unless the situation has changed, Dorius won't take a scholarship. I don't know about Stastny or Wickizer, but given that we basically never saw them on the court, I'm going to say those scholarships are safe from them for the time being.

Given some of the insider info already shared on the boards, I'm going to assume that Shulga, Liam, and Bairstow are gone. This sucks because I'd anticipated significant contributions out of at least 2 of them, but given their lack of PT earned, maybe it's just an opportunity to bring in some bigger contributors.
why do people keep saying Liam is going to leave? I can see bairstow but like Liam missed his first year and right when he was going to get play time he got injured idk how he could feel like he got gyped play time. Now if he plays this year and does well but wants to be THE GUY somewhere else I can see it but he hasn't proven anything on the college court he would be putting himself in a worse position trying to move because the only people who will take him wont be good teams.

Shulga? Idk why he would leave either he was good near the end of this season give him another year and he will totally be a starter. I can see him as a huge sparkplug.
And that's our Aggie blue-tinted goggles, right? Insider information has indicated that Bairstow, Liam, and Shulga are various amounts of dissatisfied with PT and life in Logan.

I really wanted Liam to be the guy this season, but it didn't happen (of course, I also thought Rollie might redshirt and Zahar would be our offensive threat, so shows what I know). Injury or otherwise, Liam didn't see the floor. And Shulga saw an increased role at the end of the season, but was second fiddle to Brock Miller. It looks like the team rotation is not very deep, and if Shulga's stuck behind Miller, that'd be another season with limited PT (assuming Brock stays healthy).

But sufficient or insufficient PT aside, if they don't like the area, there's not much to be done about that. If they believe they're destined to ride the bench, why not ride the bench in a location that they'd prefer? USU isn't a premiere basketball school. We're in the top half of a middle of the pack mid-major conference. It's not like they're leaving the big stage even if they went to a "lesser" conference.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 23rd, 2021, 2:53 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 2:36 pm
AggieFanNate wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:

And that's our Aggie blue-tinted goggles, right? Insider information has indicated that Bairstow, Liam, and Shulga are various amounts of dissatisfied with PT and life in Logan.

I really wanted Liam to be the guy this season, but it didn't happen (of course, I also thought Rollie might redshirt and Zahar would be our offensive threat, so shows what I know). Injury or otherwise, Liam didn't see the floor. And Shulga saw an increased role at the end of the season, but was second fiddle to Brock Miller. It looks like the team rotation is not very deep, and if Shulga's stuck behind Miller, that'd be another season with limited PT (assuming Brock stays healthy).

But sufficient or insufficient PT aside, if they don't like the area, there's not much to be done about that. If they believe they're destined to ride the bench, why not ride the bench in a location that they'd prefer? USU isn't a premiere basketball school. We're in the top half of a middle of the pack mid-major conference. It's not like they're leaving the big stage even if they went to a "lesser" conference.

I can fully understand the dissatisfied with the life in Logan part. My son is up there at school (second year) and he says it s-u-u-u-c-ks. This is a horrible time to be in school. Fall semester his first year (last year) was awesome, he said. There was a bunch of stuff going on around campus and in the various housing complexes. There was activity and socializing all over the place. Then Covid hit. The campus, and the town, shut down. One of the biggest draws of being on a college campus and in a college town - the socializing and the gathering to share ideas and viewpoints and cultures, making new friends, etc. is gone. There are no intramural sports. There are no clubs or activities on campus. My son was able to get tickets to one home basketball game this year. He has 5 roommates, but hardly ever sees them. Most nights, he is there alone in his apartment. They are at home most of the time taking their remote classes. The gyms were closed for a long time. The hottub parties at the housing complexes were shut down and haven't started. The one activity he has attended - a watch party for one of the MW tournament games - he said was depressing. There were only like 20 people there scattered around a few tables that were "socially distanced". He is bored stiff and I can sense the depression in his voice when I talk to him. I can totally understand why people are not thrilled being in Logan and at USU right now. I no several people that have transferred because of their dissatisfaction with how things are on campus right now. I'm not saying that it is roses and fully opened up at other universities, I can just comment on what I have got through my son. USU is not the place we all enjoyed when we were there.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
CastIronAggie

Eutaw St. Aggie

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 23rd, 2021, 3:00 pm

Yossarian wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 2:53 pm
Real Life Aggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:

I can fully understand the dissatisfied with the life in Logan part. My son is up there at school (second year) and he says it s-u-u-u-c-ks. This is a horrible time to be in school. Fall semester his first year (last year) was awesome, he said. There was a bunch of stuff going on around campus and in the various housing complexes. There was activity and socializing all over the place. Then Covid hit. The campus, and the town, shut down. One of the biggest draws of being on a college campus and in a college town - the socializing and the gathering to share ideas and viewpoints and cultures, making new friends, etc. is gone. There are no intramural sports. There are no clubs or activities on campus. My son was able to get tickets to one home basketball game this year. He has 5 roommates, but hardly ever sees them. Most nights, he is there alone in his apartment. They are at home most of the time taking their remote classes. The gyms were closed for a long time. The hottub parties at the housing complexes were shut down and haven't started. The one activity he has attended - a watch party for one of the MW tournament games - he said was depressing. There were only like 20 people there scattered around a few tables that were "socially distanced". He is bored stiff and I can sense the depression in his voice when I talk to him. I can totally understand why people are not thrilled being in Logan and at USU right now. I no several people that have transferred because of their dissatisfaction with how things are on campus right now. I'm not saying that it is roses and fully opened up at other universities, I can just comment on what I have got through my son. USU is not the place we all enjoyed when we were there.
I spent most my time holed up alone in the engineering building (or worse, with other engineers). He's probably in a better spot than I was, assuming he's holed up anywhere except the engineering building.

In all seriousness though, that sounds like a sucky time for him. Hopefully Fall 2021 is back to normal.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 23rd, 2021, 3:03 pm

Yeah hope next year is back to normal so they get the "true USU experience."

We all only know our own reality. Even if it is the same elsewhere, I can see someone transferring because of the bad experience and wanting a fresh start.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » March 23rd, 2021, 3:04 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:

Man, now I'm depressed. The last couple of years have sucked for the students. That is no college experience at all- just horrible timing to be at college right now. The good news is that it is not unique to USU - that is every campus in the land right now. I really hope we just open this whole thing up by Fall.

AggieFanNate

Post by AggieFanNate » March 23rd, 2021, 3:12 pm

Yossarian wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:

For now I'm up here and things feel to be opening up. The state is going to get rid of the mask mandate in a month or so. It's not really any better anywhere else and I was here last spring and USU definitely was fun. But I don't think you can pass judgement on USU and say that I need to go somewhere else because it's going to be the same anywhere else. Utah State is still great.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 23rd, 2021, 3:16 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 3:00 pm
Yossarian wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:
AggieFanNate wrote:
Real Life Aggie wrote:
slcagg wrote:

I spent most my time holed up alone in the engineering building (or worse, with other engineers). He's probably in a better spot than I was, assuming he's holed up anywhere except the engineering building.

In all seriousness though, that sounds like a sucky time for him. Hopefully Fall 2021 is back to normal.
When I went through my engineering coursework, I don't remember being "holed" up. There were a lot of study sessions with a core group of about 8 or 10 of us that went through together. I remember a lot of mornings in the student center cafeteria at one of the big round tables. Eating breakfast and going over homework problems. I had some friends that moved off campus into a house. Two of them were in my engineering classes so I would go "study" over at their house. They had a ping-pong table so study just turned into 2-hour ping-pong tournaments. Another buddy moved into an off-campus apartment with two lesbian girls that had 3 or 4 rabbits that they let just run wild around the apartment. I spent a lot of time playing pick-up basketball in the HPER and Field House gyms (even played pickup with the basketball team guys a lot because I had a good friend on the team that would invite me). I had long assignments in the computer lab, the biology building (doing some seradaphnia lethal concentration of copper experiments or bacteriological growth experiments), the Water Lab, etc. but didn't feel like I was "holed up" ever.

I just hope things get back to normal so my kid doesn't get clinically depressed.

Eutaw St. Aggie

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » March 23rd, 2021, 3:21 pm

utaggies wrote:
GeoAg wrote:
I agree on the shooting. I also think he is an adequate creator and finisher in the MWC. In the tourney...no bueno. Texas Tech was his nightmare. He'll get better, but I would prefer to have some insurance there.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 23rd, 2021, 3:22 pm

Is it possible these foreign students (McChesney, Bairstow, Shulga) are hearing that things are a lot more opened up in their countries from friends and family? I could see how that would make them even more homesick.

Eutaw St. Aggie

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 23rd, 2021, 3:24 pm

GeoAg wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 3:21 pm
utaggies wrote:
GeoAg wrote:
I agree on the shooting. I also think he is an adequate creator and finisher in the MWC. In the tourney...no bueno. Texas Tech was his nightmare. He'll get better, but I would prefer to have some insurance there.
I like Rollie's size and strength as a guard. He is strong enough to take some contact at the rim and finish. I agree that his shooting needs to improve. I also agree that we need more help in the form of guys that can make three point shots.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
Real Life Aggie

Eutaw St. Aggie

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » March 23rd, 2021, 3:33 pm

I have been around some college kids over the last year as well. The shutdown has definitely had a negative impact on a large portion of the student population. Depression is a significant problem for these young people. I hope we can get things opened up for their sakes.

AggieFanNate

Post by AggieFanNate » March 23rd, 2021, 3:40 pm

GeoAg wrote:
utaggies wrote:
GeoAg wrote:
How many freshmen has USU had in the past that could produce like he did right off the bat?

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 23rd, 2021, 3:43 pm

NVAggie wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 3:33 pm
I have been around some college kids over the last year as well. The shutdown has definitely had a negative impact on a large portion of the student population. Depression is a significant problem for these young people. I hope we can get things opened up for their sakes.
I saw somewhere there were 4 student suicides in January at USU. I know college life isn't all frat parties and keg stands, but that can't be normal.

AGGIEinIOWA

Post by AGGIEinIOWA » March 23rd, 2021, 3:49 pm

Yossarian wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 3:22 pm
Is it possible these foreign students (McChesney, Bairstow, Shulga) are hearing that things are a lot more opened up in their countries from friends and family? I could see how that would make them even more homesick.
I don't think so. My family lives up in Canada and they are locked down much more than Utah has been. They don't expect to have adults vaccinated until the end of this year, and will have restrictions in place much longer than us. Not sure about Australia or Ukraine, but my friends in England are still under much stricter lockdown restrictions that the US. I think if any of these players go back home, they will be going backwards in regards to restriction levels.

I have 3 kids at USU right now and you are correct in your previous post that student life these days is nothing like it was pre-pandemic. No one is having a normal college experience and while some students are able to roll with it, others are really struggling. That being said, I know my friend's kids at BYU, UVU, Iowa, Iowa State, Missouri, and basically every other university in the country is having a relatively rougher experience than normal. I don't believe a student's experience at university X would have been any better than at USU. Nice thing about USU is that you can enjoy the wonderful mountains and get outdoor activities so easily; most universities don't have that outlet. Good news is that most universities are announcing they hope to back to pre pandemic levels of awesomeness by this fall. Let's all hope because Utah State is a super fun and endearing place when fully functional.
These users thanked the author AGGIEinIOWA for the post:
Yossarian

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 23rd, 2021, 4:00 pm

AggieFanNate wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 3:40 pm
GeoAg wrote:
utaggies wrote:
GeoAg wrote:
How many freshmen has USU had in the past that could produce like he did right off the bat?
Now you made me waste more time that I should have spent working. Here are the freshman year stats for some recent impactful freshmen (guard/wing) players that we have had:

Name/ppg/rpg/apg/FG%/3-pt FG%

Rollie Worster/9.1/3.8/3.5/40.6%/28.4%
Brock Miller/6.8/1.4/0.2/42.9%/47.4%
Koby McEwen/14.4/5.0/3.0/49.7%/42%
Sam Merrill/9.1/3.0/3.2/45%/45%
Jalen Moore/5.6/2.7/0.8/58.4%/38.9%
Preston Medlin/3.7/0.7/0.6/46.2%/37.5%

I would say Rollie stacks up very well compared to this group. If he can increase that shooting percentage, he has the chance to be in the top players of the decade here.

for comparison:

the all-time leading scorer at USU:

Jaycee Carroll/14.7/4.3/1.5/57%/47.6%

Eutaw St. Aggie

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » March 23rd, 2021, 4:32 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 12:36 pm
The staff just has to get it done on the JC/grad transfer market this year. Pretty much that simple.

I hope people get to see how valuable a player like Miller can be if we can add the pieces needed to space the floor.
The floor was spaced pretty good against TT in Brock's favor judging from the fact that no one was within 10 feet of him on about half of his launches. Gonna give him the benefit of the doubt on his back but man that was an opportunity for him to show his value if there ever was one.

Donman

Post by Donman » March 23rd, 2021, 4:34 pm

hickaggie wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 4:32 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:

The floor was spaced pretty good against TT in Brock's favor judging from the fact that no one was within 10 feet of him on about half of his launches. Gonna give him the benefit of the doubt on his back but man that was an opportunity for him to show his value if there ever was one.
My issue with criticizing Smith for the game plan. We had a ton of open shots, we just didn't hit them. Also we made to many turnovers.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » March 23rd, 2021, 5:11 pm

Donman wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 4:34 pm
hickaggie wrote:
March 23rd, 2021, 4:32 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:

My issue with criticizing Smith for the game plan. We had a ton of open shots, we just didn't hit them. Also we made to many turnovers.
I wouldn't say that it was Smith's game plan that got those open looks, I would say it was Texas Tech coach Beard's game plan. He tripled teamed Queta every time he got the ball and left the wing players to shoot. Beard played the percentages and won. He knew we weren't a good shooting team and that there was one guy on USU that could really hurt them. The frustrating thing was how many USU turnovers were unforced. Traveling calls, throws out of bounds, stepping out of bounds, poor passes into the post that got picked off, and the like. Yes, TT did pressure the Aggies and did force some turnovers, but the unforced errors were crazy. Oh, and the shooting performance, of course. As I look at the play-by-play chart on ESPN, I count 12 USU turnovers that were not "steals" by Texas Tech. I consider those unforced turnovers of the nature I described above. That is not good to give up that many chances to score.

Eutaw St. Aggie

nvspuds

Post by nvspuds » March 23rd, 2021, 5:22 pm

Riley Battin in the portal..

Locked Previous topicNext topic