Big name in the transfer portal

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SLB
Posts: 5384
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 285 times
Been thanked: 608 times

Big name in the transfer portal

Post by SLB » March 26th, 2021, 12:18 pm


South Dakota player!!!!



bigblue32
Posts: 202
Joined: December 16th, 2012, 1:51 pm
Location: Sacramento CA
Has thanked: 48 times
Been thanked: 31 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by bigblue32 » March 26th, 2021, 12:33 pm

Ooh lawd he better come here



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16484
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 1058 times
Been thanked: 1572 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 26th, 2021, 12:45 pm

Did Smith recruit him to SD?



slcagg
Posts: 7327
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1741 times
Been thanked: 1326 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by slcagg » March 26th, 2021, 12:55 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:45 pm
Did Smith recruit him to SD?
Yes. But I think he will have high level p5 opportunity



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 12577
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 917 times
Been thanked: 581 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by ViAggie » March 26th, 2021, 12:56 pm

GITIM!!!!


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 5364
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 575 times
Been thanked: 1124 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 26th, 2021, 12:58 pm

slcagg wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:55 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:45 pm
Did Smith recruit him to SD?
Yes. But I think he will have high level p5 opportunity
Yep. I would love him in Logan, but I would bet he'll go the Matt Mooney route and move to a P5 program.



User avatar
ThunderAggie
Posts: 1430
Joined: November 20th, 2017, 7:52 pm
Location: Logan
Has thanked: 387 times
Been thanked: 476 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by ThunderAggie » March 26th, 2021, 1:14 pm

The thing is if you are a good player like him in a smaller conference and only have one year of eligibility like he does, do you risk jumping all the way to P5. Competition will be much higher and it will be harder to perform as well as you did and you could possibly not see as much playing time. However if you transfer to a conference like the MW, you will probably be able to still perform at a high level, yet play against tougher competition. He would have a better shot at being drafted if he performed very well at a MW school rather than just performing average at a P5 school. Example) Malachi Flynn
Last edited by ThunderAggie on March 26th, 2021, 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16484
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 1058 times
Been thanked: 1572 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 26th, 2021, 1:16 pm

Does he only have one year? This year doesn’t count against eligibility. I’m guessing he wants to play in the Big Dance.



SLB
Posts: 5384
Joined: November 3rd, 2016, 8:47 pm
Has thanked: 285 times
Been thanked: 608 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by SLB » March 26th, 2021, 9:50 pm

A Utah player enter the portal
These users thanked the author SLB for the post:
Real Life Aggie



utaggies
Posts: 5509
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 220 times
Been thanked: 215 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by utaggies » March 26th, 2021, 9:57 pm

A former Aggie entering the portal.




User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 2523
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 2727 times
Been thanked: 931 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 27th, 2021, 2:14 am

utaggies wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 9:57 pm
The greatest Aggie ever entering the portal.

FIFY
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
hipsterdoofus21



bluegrouse
Posts: 3505
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 581 times
Been thanked: 744 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by bluegrouse » March 27th, 2021, 2:42 am

SLB wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:18 pm

South Dakota player!!!!
Wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up at Utah now
These users thanked the author bluegrouse for the post:
Roy McAvoy



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 11312
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 7301 times
Been thanked: 4976 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by aggies22 » March 30th, 2021, 9:55 am

I'm sure we know where this dude is headed.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
ViAggieRoy McAvoyJjoey52



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 12577
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 917 times
Been thanked: 581 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by ViAggie » March 30th, 2021, 10:06 am

aggies22 wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 9:55 am
I'm sure we know where this dude is headed.
Yep


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

slcagg
Posts: 7327
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1741 times
Been thanked: 1326 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by slcagg » March 30th, 2021, 10:17 am

aggies22 wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 9:55 am
I'm sure we know where this dude is headed.
Very possible. But he could have offers from some elite programs as well and a reunion with Craig may not be all that important to him.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16484
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 1058 times
Been thanked: 1572 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 30th, 2021, 2:25 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
March 27th, 2021, 2:42 am
SLB wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:18 pm

South Dakota player!!!!
Wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up at Utah now
So he decided to enter the portal the same day Smith accepted the Utah offer....hmmm.



Yossarian
Posts: 5160
Joined: November 14th, 2010, 11:56 pm
Has thanked: 98 times
Been thanked: 966 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by Yossarian » March 30th, 2021, 2:29 pm

I stated in another thread -- David Jenkins from UNLV has entered the transfer portal. Great scorer. Shot 41% from three last year with UNLV and 45% the year before with South Dakota St.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
mcaggie1



aggies1
Pick'em Champ - '20 BB Predict The Score & '20 FB Bowl
Posts: 1044
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 2:29 pm
Has thanked: 40 times
Been thanked: 57 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by aggies1 » March 30th, 2021, 2:30 pm

Maybe Jenkins will end up at Utah. With his assistant at UNLV now going to Utah, I wouldn't be surprised to see that.



Bank Shot
Posts: 813
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 359 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by Bank Shot » March 30th, 2021, 2:31 pm

I had him going with Otz.



slcagg
Posts: 7327
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1741 times
Been thanked: 1326 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by slcagg » March 30th, 2021, 2:32 pm

Nothing like building your team on summit league recruits.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 5364
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 575 times
Been thanked: 1124 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 30th, 2021, 2:34 pm

slcagg wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 2:32 pm
Nothing like building your team on summit league recruits.
Hey Oral Roberts was a shot away from the elite 8. Some Summit League Recruits can play. :joking:



slcagg
Posts: 7327
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 1741 times
Been thanked: 1326 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by slcagg » March 30th, 2021, 2:35 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 2:34 pm
slcagg wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 2:32 pm
Nothing like building your team on summit league recruits.
Hey Oral Roberts was a shot away from the elite 8. Some Summit League Recruits can play. :joking:
Yeah mostly a joke from the Craig smith early days.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii



User avatar
2004AG
Posts: 7928
Joined: November 16th, 2010, 11:42 am
Has thanked: 221 times
Been thanked: 567 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by 2004AG » March 30th, 2021, 2:38 pm

slcagg wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 2:35 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 2:34 pm
slcagg wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 2:32 pm
Nothing like building your team on summit league recruits.
Hey Oral Roberts was a shot away from the elite 8. Some Summit League Recruits can play. :joking:
Yeah mostly a joke from the Craig smith early days.
How many of those Summit League recruits panned out?



User avatar
Real Life Aggie
Posts: 2523
Joined: April 10th, 2019, 4:28 pm
Location: North Ogden, UT
Has thanked: 2727 times
Been thanked: 931 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 30th, 2021, 3:04 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 2:25 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
March 27th, 2021, 2:42 am
SLB wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:18 pm

South Dakota player!!!!
Wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up at Utah now
So he decided to enter the portal the same day Smith accepted the Utah offer....hmmm.
No, he entered before things materialized with Coach Smith.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16484
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 1058 times
Been thanked: 1572 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 30th, 2021, 3:07 pm

Real Life Aggie wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 3:04 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 2:25 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
March 27th, 2021, 2:42 am
SLB wrote:
March 26th, 2021, 12:18 pm

South Dakota player!!!!
Wouldn’t be surprised to see him end up at Utah now
So he decided to enter the portal the same day Smith accepted the Utah offer....hmmm.
No, he entered before things materialized with Coach Smith.
Before Smith informed Hartwell at 9 pm doesn't mean Smith wasn't already aware the deal could go down and that if so he would take the job. I actually believe there were whisperings behind the scenes all week, but that's my opinion. Just smells a lot like the Collette situation.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
AggieFBObsession



cval
Posts: 1183
Joined: December 10th, 2010, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 135 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by cval » March 30th, 2021, 3:08 pm

Didn't we hear about Umude over a week ago?



AggieFBObsession
Posts: 1135
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 1585 times
Been thanked: 224 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 30th, 2021, 3:18 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 3:07 pm
Before Smith informed Hartwell at 9 pm doesn't mean Smith wasn't already aware the deal could go down and that if so he would take the job. I actually believe there were whisperings behind the scenes all week, but that's my opinion. Just smells a lot like the Collette situation.
Craig has an agent. His agent communicates with him when there are opportunities. He has to approve that he's open to the opportunity. The agent then pursues the opportunity. The agent gets an offer from an athletic director. The agent then communicates the offer to Craig. Craig then has to approve the offer.

Craig knew he was open to this opportunity long before that Friday night. If you're delusional enough to not see that, then I don't know what else to say. (You means One or Generally. I'm not dissing you, hipster). Therefore, Craig was very dishonest with his team, his staff and the athletic department about there being no chance of him leaving. The last minute backdoor deal making doesn't change my opinion of him one bit. Totally selfish except for possibly his family who probably knew there was something coming.



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16484
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 1058 times
Been thanked: 1572 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 30th, 2021, 3:30 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 3:18 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 3:07 pm
Before Smith informed Hartwell at 9 pm doesn't mean Smith wasn't already aware the deal could go down and that if so he would take the job. I actually believe there were whisperings behind the scenes all week, but that's my opinion. Just smells a lot like the Collette situation.
Craig has an agent. His agent communicates with him when there are opportunities. He has to approve that he's open to the opportunity. The agent then pursues the opportunity. The agent gets an offer from an athletic director. The agent then communicates the offer to Craig. Craig then has to approve the offer.

Craig knew he was open to this opportunity long before that Friday night. If you're delusional enough to not see that, then I don't know what else to say. (You means One or Generally. I'm not dissing you, hipster). Therefore, Craig was very dishonest with his team, his staff and the athletic department about there being no chance of him leaving. The last minute backdoor deal making doesn't change my opinion of him one bit. Totally selfish except for possibly his family who probably knew there was something coming.
Yeah that's what I'm saying. While Smith wasn't personally shopping his services, his agent was and I'm sure Smith had as idea what was potentially happening with the UofU. I don't buy the spur of the moment, out of the blue deal involving 18 million dollars. Deals worth that much are struck spontaneously.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 4):
AggieFBObsessionslcaggUSU783rdGenAggie



Bank Shot
Posts: 813
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 359 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by Bank Shot » March 30th, 2021, 6:25 pm

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Marble from Wyoming and RJ Dennis from BSU are in the portal.



User avatar
Roy McAvoy
Posts: 5999
Joined: November 2nd, 2011, 1:30 pm
Has thanked: 590 times
Been thanked: 1211 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by Roy McAvoy » March 31st, 2021, 9:45 am

I'm fully expecting David Jenkins from UNLV to end up at Utah. I'm not so sure yet about Stanley Umude. He may his eyes set on bigger sights. Matt Mooney's success at Texas Tech may have eyeing that.



Intermeddler
Posts: 2264
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 330 times
Been thanked: 353 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by Intermeddler » March 31st, 2021, 10:06 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 3:30 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 3:18 pm
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 3:07 pm
Before Smith informed Hartwell at 9 pm doesn't mean Smith wasn't already aware the deal could go down and that if so he would take the job. I actually believe there were whisperings behind the scenes all week, but that's my opinion. Just smells a lot like the Collette situation.
Craig has an agent. His agent communicates with him when there are opportunities. He has to approve that he's open to the opportunity. The agent then pursues the opportunity. The agent gets an offer from an athletic director. The agent then communicates the offer to Craig. Craig then has to approve the offer.

Craig knew he was open to this opportunity long before that Friday night. If you're delusional enough to not see that, then I don't know what else to say. (You means One or Generally. I'm not dissing you, hipster). Therefore, Craig was very dishonest with his team, his staff and the athletic department about there being no chance of him leaving. The last minute backdoor deal making doesn't change my opinion of him one bit. Totally selfish except for possibly his family who probably knew there was something coming.
Yeah that's what I'm saying. While Smith wasn't personally shopping his services, his agent was and I'm sure Smith had as idea what was potentially happening with the UofU. I don't buy the spur of the moment, out of the blue deal involving 18 million dollars. Deals worth that much are struck spontaneously.
Utah has been talking to Craig’s agent for 3 months FWIW.
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post (total 3):
hipsterdoofus21AggieFBObsessionJjoey52



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16484
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 1058 times
Been thanked: 1572 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 31st, 2021, 10:21 am

Bank Shot wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 6:25 pm
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Marble from Wyoming and RJ Dennis from BSU are in the portal.
Michigan would probably have interest in Dennis. They like guys without foreheads.



Bank Shot
Posts: 813
Joined: January 26th, 2019, 6:27 pm
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 359 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by Bank Shot » March 31st, 2021, 10:26 am

Roy McAvoy wrote:
March 31st, 2021, 9:45 am
I'm fully expecting David Jenkins from UNLV to end up at Utah. I'm not so sure yet about Stanley Umude. He may his eyes set on bigger sights. Matt Mooney's success at Texas Tech may have eyeing that.
Roy...why do you expect Jenkins to end up in Utah? I just figured he was one of Otz's guys that followed him to UNLV and would end up at Iowa St. Have you heard something otherwise?



User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface
Posts: 16484
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 1058 times
Been thanked: 1572 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 31st, 2021, 10:27 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
March 31st, 2021, 10:21 am
Bank Shot wrote:
March 30th, 2021, 6:25 pm
Don't know if this has been mentioned, but Marble from Wyoming and RJ Dennis from BSU are in the portal.
Michigan would probably have interest in Dennis. They like guys without foreheads.
Image
Image
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post (total 3):
ThunderAggieAgliciousUSU78



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5776
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 362 times
Been thanked: 839 times

Re: Big name in the transfer portal

Post by Aglicious » March 31st, 2021, 11:04 am

I knew he had one leg that was smaller than the other
Image

due to being born with club feet as a child
Image

but from the picture above it appears he was born with a full forehead. He must have lost half of it along the way somewhere. :headscratch:
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post:
SaintAggie



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic