Coaching candidates

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 5714
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 690 times
Been thanked: 1256 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 29th, 2021, 5:42 pm

2004AG wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 3:21 pm
Why is everybody so obsessed with Tim Miles?
I don't know. Just really hope Hartwell isn't thinking the same thing. Miles is the definition of a milquetoast retread.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12032
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8227 times
Been thanked: 5682 times
Contact:

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by aggies22 » March 29th, 2021, 6:01 pm

Aggie in Boise wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 12:55 pm
Aggiealum13 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 12:44 pm
Turtle wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 12:42 pm
coolag wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 12:38 pm
Turtle wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 12:35 pm
I am hearing that Tim Miles is one of the leading candidates. Didn't get much more than that though.
Yuck.
It gets worse. My source says Peterson was not interested in the job and is likely following Smith to Utah.
Some people are just not ready, or they like the job security without all the head coach pressure.
If Peterson is unsure of whether or not he wants a head coaching job then we should remove him from the list. I want someone confident.
It's definitely not a matter of confidence.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12032
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8227 times
Been thanked: 5682 times
Contact:

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by aggies22 » March 29th, 2021, 6:03 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 5:39 pm
It’s my understanding that Peterson is in the candidate pool. Not saying he will get it but there is still some level of interest on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Peterson is no longer in the candidate pool.



AggiePT
Posts: 264
Joined: August 7th, 2019, 1:41 pm
Has thanked: 568 times
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by AggiePT » March 29th, 2021, 6:05 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:03 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 5:39 pm
It’s my understanding that Peterson is in the candidate pool. Not saying he will get it but there is still some level of interest on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Peterson is no longer in the candidate pool.
Well, crap!



cval
Posts: 1208
Joined: December 10th, 2010, 1:32 pm
Has thanked: 94 times
Been thanked: 144 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by cval » March 29th, 2021, 6:07 pm

Interesting. I am sure you have told us all you can, but seems curious. There must be more to the story.



bpd
Posts: 1270
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 206 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by bpd » March 29th, 2021, 6:17 pm

So, what gives? In one of the interviews JH said he was open to assistants, but none indicated they were interested.



bluegrouse
Posts: 3527
Joined: November 9th, 2010, 5:04 pm
Has thanked: 634 times
Been thanked: 770 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by bluegrouse » March 29th, 2021, 6:18 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:03 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 5:39 pm
It’s my understanding that Peterson is in the candidate pool. Not saying he will get it but there is still some level of interest on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Peterson is no longer in the candidate pool.
That was fast. Did Hartwell get his guy?



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12032
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8227 times
Been thanked: 5682 times
Contact:

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by aggies22 » March 29th, 2021, 6:23 pm

bluegrouse wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:18 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:03 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 5:39 pm
It’s my understanding that Peterson is in the candidate pool. Not saying he will get it but there is still some level of interest on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Peterson is no longer in the candidate pool.
That was fast. Did Hartwell get his guy?
Not yet.



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 5714
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 690 times
Been thanked: 1256 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 29th, 2021, 6:29 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:23 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:18 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:03 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 5:39 pm
It’s my understanding that Peterson is in the candidate pool. Not saying he will get it but there is still some level of interest on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Peterson is no longer in the candidate pool.
That was fast. Did Hartwell get his guy?
Not yet.
I don't expect you to give out specific info, but do you think it will be a quick hire or do you think we'll be waiting for a while? I believe it was over two weeks from when Duryea was fired to when Smith was hired in 2018. Is that what we should expect or will it happen quicker this time?



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12032
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8227 times
Been thanked: 5682 times
Contact:

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by aggies22 » March 29th, 2021, 6:31 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:29 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:23 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:18 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:03 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 5:39 pm
It’s my understanding that Peterson is in the candidate pool. Not saying he will get it but there is still some level of interest on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Peterson is no longer in the candidate pool.
That was fast. Did Hartwell get his guy?
Not yet.
I don't expect you to give out specific info, but do you think it will be a quick hire or do you think we'll be waiting for a while? I believe it was over two weeks from when Duryea was fired to when Smith was hired in 2018. Is that what we should expect or will it happen quicker this time?
I think two weeks is fair. Perhaps quicker. Hiring for hoops isn't as complex as hiring for football.



Aggie702
Posts: 103
Joined: November 5th, 2020, 5:28 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by Aggie702 » March 29th, 2021, 6:34 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:03 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 5:39 pm
It’s my understanding that Peterson is in the candidate pool. Not saying he will get it but there is still some level of interest on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Peterson is no longer in the candidate pool.
Does that mean he too will be heading 90 minutes south?
These users thanked the author Aggie702 for the post:
oleblu111



ArizonaAggie
Posts: 122
Joined: November 5th, 2014, 2:34 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by ArizonaAggie » March 29th, 2021, 6:36 pm

Aggie702 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:03 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 5:39 pm
It’s my understanding that Peterson is in the candidate pool. Not saying he will get it but there is still some level of interest on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Peterson is no longer in the candidate pool.
Does that mean he too will be heading 90 minutes south?
Speaking of which, their fanbase doesn't seem to be too thrilled if he only brings his guys.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk




User avatar
Cheecho6
Posts: 1502
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:43 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by Cheecho6 » March 29th, 2021, 6:38 pm

aggies22 wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 5:39 pm
It’s my understanding that Peterson is in the candidate pool. Not saying he will get it but there is still some level of interest on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Peterson is no longer in the candidate pool.
Can you shed any more light into why?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


"We are not here to weather the storm, We are here to be the storm!"
-Jason Kreis

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12032
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8227 times
Been thanked: 5682 times
Contact:

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by aggies22 » March 29th, 2021, 6:38 pm

ArizonaAggie wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:36 pm
Aggie702 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:03 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 5:39 pm
It’s my understanding that Peterson is in the candidate pool. Not saying he will get it but there is still some level of interest on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Peterson is no longer in the candidate pool.
Does that mean he too will be heading 90 minutes south?
Speaking of which, their fanbase doesn't seem to be too thrilled if he only brings his guys.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Of course their not. They think they're only good enough to take our head coach but not the assistants that helped him achieve his success.



User avatar
Aggie in Boise
Posts: 1492
Joined: February 15th, 2019, 1:58 pm
Has thanked: 225 times
Been thanked: 315 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by Aggie in Boise » March 29th, 2021, 6:42 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:38 pm
ArizonaAggie wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:36 pm
Aggie702 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:03 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 5:39 pm
It’s my understanding that Peterson is in the candidate pool. Not saying he will get it but there is still some level of interest on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Peterson is no longer in the candidate pool.
Does that mean he too will be heading 90 minutes south?
Speaking of which, their fanbase doesn't seem to be too thrilled if he only brings his guys.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Of course their not. They think they're only good enough to take our head coach but not the assistants that helped him achieve his success.
I'm sure that Craig is gonna love working with those Prima Donna's.


"The media is not your friend.” CNN anchor Chris Cuomo

"We choose truth over facts." Joe Biden

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12032
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8227 times
Been thanked: 5682 times
Contact:

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by aggies22 » March 29th, 2021, 6:58 pm

Cheecho6 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:38 pm
aggies22 wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 5:39 pm
It’s my understanding that Peterson is in the candidate pool. Not saying he will get it but there is still some level of interest on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Peterson is no longer in the candidate pool.
Can you shed any more light into why?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will be able to soon.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 3):
SectionBAggieReal Life Aggiebigblue32



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 5714
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 690 times
Been thanked: 1256 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 29th, 2021, 6:59 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:31 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:29 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:23 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:18 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:03 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 5:39 pm
It’s my understanding that Peterson is in the candidate pool. Not saying he will get it but there is still some level of interest on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Peterson is no longer in the candidate pool.
That was fast. Did Hartwell get his guy?
Not yet.
I don't expect you to give out specific info, but do you think it will be a quick hire or do you think we'll be waiting for a while? I believe it was over two weeks from when Duryea was fired to when Smith was hired in 2018. Is that what we should expect or will it happen quicker this time?
I think two weeks is fair. Perhaps quicker. Hiring for hoops isn't as complex as hiring for football.
Sounds good. Thanks for all you do. We all have our disagreements on here, but we all appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us even if you don't look like Hulk Hogan. ;)
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
vegasaggie



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12032
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8227 times
Been thanked: 5682 times
Contact:

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by aggies22 » March 29th, 2021, 7:02 pm

Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:59 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:31 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:29 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:23 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:18 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:03 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 5:39 pm
It’s my understanding that Peterson is in the candidate pool. Not saying he will get it but there is still some level of interest on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Peterson is no longer in the candidate pool.
That was fast. Did Hartwell get his guy?
Not yet.
I don't expect you to give out specific info, but do you think it will be a quick hire or do you think we'll be waiting for a while? I believe it was over two weeks from when Duryea was fired to when Smith was hired in 2018. Is that what we should expect or will it happen quicker this time?
I think two weeks is fair. Perhaps quicker. Hiring for hoops isn't as complex as hiring for football.
Sounds good. Thanks for all you do. We all have our disagreements on here, but we all appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us even if you don't look like Hulk Hogan. ;)
Sorry to disappoint my Aggie brother. Haha!
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii



Usu0505
Posts: 709
Joined: March 12th, 2018, 6:51 pm
Has thanked: 149 times
Been thanked: 135 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by Usu0505 » March 29th, 2021, 7:16 pm

aggies22 wrote:
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:59 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:31 pm
Aggie formerly in Hawaii wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:29 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:23 pm
bluegrouse wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:18 pm
aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:03 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 5:39 pm
It’s my understanding that Peterson is in the candidate pool. Not saying he will get it but there is still some level of interest on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Peterson is no longer in the candidate pool.
That was fast. Did Hartwell get his guy?
Not yet.
I don't expect you to give out specific info, but do you think it will be a quick hire or do you think we'll be waiting for a while? I believe it was over two weeks from when Duryea was fired to when Smith was hired in 2018. Is that what we should expect or will it happen quicker this time?
I think two weeks is fair. Perhaps quicker. Hiring for hoops isn't as complex as hiring for football.
Sounds good. Thanks for all you do. We all have our disagreements on here, but we all appreciate you sharing your knowledge with us even if you don't look like Hulk Hogan. ;)
Sorry to disappoint my Aggie brother. Haha!
Really appreciate your info and keeping us as in the know as possible. We are lucky to have you on the board. Keep us posted!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Usu0505 for the post (total 2):
aggies22vegasaggie



User avatar
Cheecho6
Posts: 1502
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:43 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 41 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by Cheecho6 » March 29th, 2021, 7:16 pm

aggies22 wrote:
Cheecho6 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:38 pm
aggies22 wrote:
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 5:39 pm
It’s my understanding that Peterson is in the candidate pool. Not saying he will get it but there is still some level of interest on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Peterson is no longer in the candidate pool.
Can you shed any more light into why?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will be able to soon.
Thanks 22 - I will watch out for details.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Cheecho6 for the post:
aggies22


"We are not here to weather the storm, We are here to be the storm!"
-Jason Kreis

bpd
Posts: 1270
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 206 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by bpd » March 29th, 2021, 8:13 pm

Here are my top 4 candidates.
1. Josh Paternik (I don't think he will come, but I can hope)
2. Stan Johnson
3. Tim Miles
4. I had Peterson here, but it appears that is not going to happen so I will put Russ Turner or Chris Burgess.



aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 12032
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 8227 times
Been thanked: 5682 times
Contact:

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by aggies22 » March 29th, 2021, 8:59 pm

We are on 8 pages of candidate suggestions. I've heard three names so far. None of them have been mentioned.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 6):
slcaggbluegrousecdaAg3rdGenAggieReal Life AggieBLUERUFiO



JonnyCienPesos
Posts: 2527
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 6:21 pm
Has thanked: 6 times
Been thanked: 360 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by JonnyCienPesos » March 29th, 2021, 9:01 pm

aggies22 wrote:We are on 8 pages of candidate suggestions. I've heard three names so far. None of them have been mentioned.
Maybe a Conference USA head coach?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post:
slcagg


I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

User avatar
MrBiggle
Posts: 1713
Joined: October 10th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 580 times
Been thanked: 103 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by MrBiggle » March 29th, 2021, 9:03 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 8:59 pm
We are on 8 pages of candidate suggestions. I've heard three names so far. None of them have been mentioned.
I guess that’s not terrible considering nobody, not even SLB, was predicting Smith three years ago.
These users thanked the author MrBiggle for the post (total 2):
aggies22slcagg


Where only sage brush grows

User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5885
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 395 times
Been thanked: 950 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by Aglicious » March 29th, 2021, 9:10 pm

Mine:
- Joe Pasternack
- Casey Alexander
- Shantay Legans
- Todd Simon
- Pat Kelsey
- Earl Watson



slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1629 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by slcagg » March 29th, 2021, 9:11 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 8:59 pm
We are on 8 pages of candidate suggestions. I've heard three names so far. None of them have been mentioned.
Well John said it will be pretty quiet as they will do the hiring internally and doubt there will be any mention of who we are looking at until the end.



JFW_AGGIES
Posts: 693
Joined: September 2nd, 2017, 6:02 am
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 136 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by JFW_AGGIES » March 29th, 2021, 9:13 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 9:01 pm
aggies22 wrote:We are on 8 pages of candidate suggestions. I've heard three names so far. None of them have been mentioned.
Maybe a Conference USA head coach?

Hopefully someone from the Scott Drew Coaching tree
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



WasatchAggie
Posts: 633
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:58 am
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 51 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by WasatchAggie » March 29th, 2021, 9:31 pm

So, Alex Jensen prefers USU to the "u" (lower case deliberate)? :scotsman:
These users thanked the author WasatchAggie for the post (total 2):
USU78AggiePT



AngusAg
Posts: 953
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 11:38 am
Has thanked: 141 times
Been thanked: 85 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by AngusAg » March 29th, 2021, 9:34 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 9:01 pm
aggies22 wrote:We are on 8 pages of candidate suggestions. I've heard three names so far. None of them have been mentioned.
Maybe a Conference USA head coach?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy Kennedy, UAB? They were at Miss together.
Last edited by AngusAg on March 29th, 2021, 9:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.



QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score
Posts: 16108
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:08 pm
Location: Arlington, VA
Has thanked: 132 times
Been thanked: 850 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by QuackAttackAggie » March 29th, 2021, 9:38 pm

VERLIN THE MERLIN


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk



bpd
Posts: 1270
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 10:12 pm
Has thanked: 4 times
Been thanked: 206 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by bpd » March 29th, 2021, 9:42 pm

AngusAg wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 9:34 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 9:01 pm
aggies22 wrote:We are on 8 pages of candidate suggestions. I've heard three names so far. None of them have been mentioned.
Maybe a Conference USA head coach?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy Kennedy, UAB? They were at Miss together.
I sure hope not.



slcagg
Posts: 8477
Joined: December 15th, 2010, 6:29 pm
Has thanked: 2177 times
Been thanked: 1629 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by slcagg » March 29th, 2021, 9:47 pm

AngusAg wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 9:34 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 9:01 pm
aggies22 wrote:We are on 8 pages of candidate suggestions. I've heard three names so far. None of them have been mentioned.
Maybe a Conference USA head coach?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy Kennedy, UAB? They were at Miss together.
Uab is only a short drive to Starkville 😁



Chatman
Posts: 1192
Joined: November 30th, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 131 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by Chatman » March 29th, 2021, 10:01 pm

aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:38 pm
ArizonaAggie wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:36 pm
Aggie702 wrote:
aggies22 wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 6:03 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 5:39 pm
It’s my understanding that Peterson is in the candidate pool. Not saying he will get it but there is still some level of interest on both sides.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Coach Peterson is no longer in the candidate pool.
Does that mean he too will be heading 90 minutes south?
Speaking of which, their fanbase doesn't seem to be too thrilled if he only brings his guys.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Of course their not. They think they're only good enough to take our head coach but not the assistants that helped him achieve his success.
I don’t think the fan base is really that excited about Coach Smith either



User avatar
3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff
Posts: 8613
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm
Location: The City of the Salty Lake
Has thanked: 1497 times
Been thanked: 622 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by 3rdGenAggie » March 29th, 2021, 10:04 pm

bpd wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 9:42 pm
AngusAg wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 9:34 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2021, 9:01 pm
aggies22 wrote:We are on 8 pages of candidate suggestions. I've heard three names so far. None of them have been mentioned.
Maybe a Conference USA head coach?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Andy Kennedy, UAB? They were at Miss together.
I sure hope not.
Curious as to why not. In 12 seasons at Ole Miss he won 20 or more 9 times. He only won 51% of his conference games, but the SEC has some good teams.


"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Intermeddler
Posts: 2302
Joined: January 20th, 2011, 7:35 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 348 times
Been thanked: 375 times

Re: Coaching candidates

Post by Intermeddler » March 29th, 2021, 10:05 pm

I posted awhile ago it was unlikely to be Peterson because he was always lukewarm on succeeding Craig.

Wonder what the details are but I’m not at all surprised he’s not sticking around. I was also told Miles was high on the list but that may no longer be true.

I’d be surprised if it’s the Santa Barbara guy. Apparently the he might be heavily implicated in the Arizona ncaa issues and he might be a bit toxic for awhile.



Post Reply Previous topicNext topic