Teams Reactions

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Winning Team

Teams Reactions

Post by Winning Team » April 5th, 2021, 1:57 pm

I will try and keep this as updated as possible regarding the teams reactions to Coach Odom.

So far, so good. As far as I know they had a zoom call with him today and will be meeting him in person on Wednesday.

Players I’ve talked to are excited and impressed but they are looking forward to Wednesday to get a better idea.
These users thanked the author Winning Team for the post (total 12):
slcagg3rdGenAggieNVAggieflying_scotsman2.0MetsJetsAggiesReal Life AggieAggieArmyRoy McAvoyaggies22AggieFBObsession and 2 more users

ineptimusprime

Re: Teams Reactions

Post by ineptimusprime » April 5th, 2021, 2:00 pm

Winning Team wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 1:57 pm
I will try and keep this as updated as possible regarding the teams reactions to Coach Odom.

So far, so good. As far as I know they had a zoom call with him today and will be meeting him in person on Wednesday.

Players I’ve talked to are excited and impressed but they are looking forward to Wednesday to get a better idea.
Is Marco Anthony experiencing PTSD? :joking:

Winning Team

Post by Winning Team » April 5th, 2021, 2:01 pm

ineptimusprime wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 2:00 pm
Winning Team wrote:

Lol he didn’t play on that team so he’s good 😂

slcagg

Post by slcagg » April 5th, 2021, 2:02 pm

Winning Team wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 2:01 pm
ineptimusprime wrote:
Winning Team wrote:

I believe he did.

GeorgiaAggie

Post by GeorgiaAggie » April 5th, 2021, 2:26 pm

These users thanked the author GeorgiaAggie for the post:
AggieFBObsession

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » April 5th, 2021, 7:10 pm

Winning Team wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
Winning Team wrote:

https://virginiasports.com/sports/mbbal ... o-anthony/
doesn't look like he played in that game, but he did play in games that season
2017-18
• Played 13 games
• Shot 35.7 percent from the floor, 38.5 percent from 3-point range, 33.3 percent free throws
• Made collegiate debut and recorded his first career points against Austin Peay (11/13/17)
• Scored three points against Monmouth (11/19/17)
• Registered five points, three rebounds and two steals vs. Savannah State (12/19/17)
• Tallied his first career blocked shot vs. Hampton (12/22/17)
• Finished with a career-high 10 points on 4-6 shooting vs. Louisville (1/31/18)
• Lettered

Winning Team

Post by Winning Team » April 7th, 2021, 12:12 pm

Winning Team wrote:

Everyone is really pumped! Justin and Steven are the only ones who haven’t met him in person because they are home or on vacation.

He has reached out to every player individually as well and already started building relationships. I don’t want to jump the gun but so far so good regarding the teams future
These users thanked the author Winning Team for the post (total 7):
bluegrouseslcaggBLUERUFiOosuaggieIdaAg93AGinNEIowaReal Life Aggie

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » April 7th, 2021, 12:14 pm

Winning Team wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 12:12 pm
Winning Team wrote:

Everyone is really pumped! Justin and Steven are the only ones who haven’t met him in person because they are home or on vacation.

He has reached out to every player individually as well and already started building relationships. I don’t want to jump the gun but so far so good regarding the teams future
Good to hear!
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
Winning Team

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 7th, 2021, 12:22 pm

Winning Team wrote:
Winning Team wrote:

Thanks for the scoop.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
Winning Team

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » April 7th, 2021, 12:40 pm

Winning Team wrote:
Winning Team wrote:

Thanks for the insight. Justin and Steven are the 2 players I was most confident in sticking around regardless of the coaching hire.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 2):
Winning Teamsstrasser

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » April 7th, 2021, 12:41 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 12:40 pm
Winning Team wrote:
Winning Team wrote:

Thanks for the insight. Justin and Steven are the 2 players I was most confident in sticking around regardless of the coaching hire.
That all depends on if Coach can find Bean a wife.

AggiePT

Post by AggiePT » April 7th, 2021, 12:57 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 12:41 pm
ProvoAggie wrote:
Winning Team wrote:
Winning Team wrote:

Maybe Hartwell could use a search firm to find a wife for Bean!
These users thanked the author AggiePT for the post:
Harcher

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » April 7th, 2021, 1:05 pm

Winning Team wrote:
Winning Team wrote:

Great to hear. Any word or re-recruiting Anderson to return? Or has he gotten another offer (or maybe he's hellbent on leaving regardless)? He'd likely get more PT with the new staff IMO.

Also, what's the word on Liam McBuckets? He might never pan out but he's the one young guy (outside of maybe Woster) that has star potential. Any update there? Thanks.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 7th, 2021, 1:06 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Winning Team wrote:
Winning Team wrote:

I think he's pretty certain he's found himself a wife.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
Winkie

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 7th, 2021, 1:07 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Winning Team wrote:
Winning Team wrote:

Not until his USU career is over!
BustaMcNutt

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » April 7th, 2021, 1:08 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 1:05 pm
Winning Team wrote:
Winning Team wrote:

Great to hear. Any word or re-recruiting Anderson to return? Or has he gotten another offer (or maybe he's hellbent on leaving regardless)? He'd likely get more PT with the new staff IMO.

Also, what's the word on Liam McBuckets? He might never pan out but he's the one young guy (outside of maybe Woster) that has star potential. Any update there? Thanks.
I'm quite certain that Fonzo is moving on regardless. I believe the new staff has their own players they would like to add.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
slcaggOrangeCountyAggie

OrangeCountyAggie

Post by OrangeCountyAggie » April 7th, 2021, 1:12 pm

aggies22 wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 1:08 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
Winning Team wrote:
Winning Team wrote:

I'm quite certain that Fonzo is moving on regardless. I believe the new staff has their own players they would like to add.
Gotya, they could use a few scholarships assuming they are not counseling anyone out. Best of luck to him, I really hope he lands somewhere good - especially with the ten thousand other kids in the portal.
Last edited by OrangeCountyAggie on April 7th, 2021, 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AggieFanNate

Post by AggieFanNate » April 7th, 2021, 1:20 pm

OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
Winning Team wrote:
Winning Team wrote:

Idk I actually see alot of potential in Ashworth but maybe that's just me.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » April 7th, 2021, 1:26 pm

AggieFanNate wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 1:20 pm
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
Winning Team wrote:
Winning Team wrote:

I do too. He's got that quick twitch to his game that is tough to guard.
AggieFanNate

aggies95

Post by aggies95 » April 7th, 2021, 1:31 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 1:26 pm
AggieFanNate wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
Winning Team wrote:
Winning Team wrote:

I do too. He's got that quick twitch to his game that is tough to guard.
I'm hoping Ashworth will get more pick and roll opportunities under Odom. Feels like we should've run more P&R with Neemi and Steven this year. Sam was lethal in the P&R. Ashworth would be good as well.

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » April 7th, 2021, 1:32 pm

Odom has a proven record coaching shorter gaurds. Should be good for Ashworth.

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » April 7th, 2021, 1:34 pm

Ashworth is going to be a great Aggie. He'll just keep getting better!

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » April 7th, 2021, 1:35 pm

AggieFanNate wrote:
OrangeCountyAggie wrote:
Winning Team wrote:
Winning Team wrote:

@utaggies Me too and I really think that Ashworth would flourish under Spencer Nelson. We really need Spencer as an assistant. :stirpot:

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

Winning Team

Post by Winning Team » April 7th, 2021, 1:54 pm

So far Max is the only one on the fence. European pro ball is enticing
These users thanked the author Winning Team for the post (total 3):
aggies22Real Life AggieBLUERUFiO

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » April 7th, 2021, 1:56 pm

Winning Team wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 1:54 pm
Can't blame him for that. But I would have to imagine he'll make a lot more money in Europe by sticking it out a year or two and actually becoming a solid basketball player. He has unrealized potential at this point.

I can't imagine the lower levels in Europe are interested in projects. I could be wrong about that, though.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
Winning Team

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » April 7th, 2021, 2:09 pm

AGinNEIowa wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 7:10 pm
Winning Team wrote:
ineptimusprime wrote:
Winning Team wrote:

https://virginiasports.com/sports/mbbal ... o-anthony/
doesn't look like he played in that game, but he did play in games that season
2017-18
• Played 13 games
• Shot 35.7 percent from the floor, 38.5 percent from 3-point range, 33.3 percent free throws
• Made collegiate debut and recorded his first career points against Austin Peay (11/13/17)
• Scored three points against Monmouth (11/19/17)
• Registered five points, three rebounds and two steals vs. Savannah State (12/19/17)
• Tallied his first career blocked shot vs. Hampton (12/22/17)
• Finished with a career-high 10 points on 4-6 shooting vs. Louisville (1/31/18)
• Lettered
This whole conversation reminds me of when I was in high school and my school's football team lost in what was an exciting back and forth state semi-final game that could have gone either way, and was devastating for us at the time. Anyhow, that loss seemed to, if anything, be harder on the bench players who didn't play in the game than it was on the starting, actually playing the game, players.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » April 7th, 2021, 2:55 pm

Winning Team wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 1:54 pm
That makes a lot of sense... he's young, but clearly has a lot of talent. I was initially disappointed hearing he was considering leaving, but I understand if it's going to a pro opportunity. I think he'd get a jump start in that arena if he develops for a year or two more... but will his development be better here than it would there?

I hope we see him in Aggie Blue next season.
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
Winning Team

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » April 7th, 2021, 3:31 pm

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 1:07 pm
LarryTheAggie wrote:
ProvoAggie wrote:
Winning Team wrote:
Winning Team wrote:

Not until his USU career is over!
We can't have the touch of a woman ruining his jumping ability.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

NewUSUfan

Post by NewUSUfan » April 8th, 2021, 11:46 am

After talking with coach there will be players that are going to leave. Some soon some in the near future. It's stinks but Its hard when you get recruited by someone and they leave. there should be a few transfer when the coach leaves no matter what. Hard for the fan base but fair to the player.
These users thanked the author NewUSUfan for the post (total 2):
AggieArmyReal Life Aggie

AggieFanNate

Post by AggieFanNate » April 8th, 2021, 11:51 am

I can see more people leaving a program that is successful when a coach switches vs when they aren't doing well because I feel like when you are in a bad program you want to make something happen, plus it would be harder to move into a better situation. Vs when you have had success and you liked your old coach you feel you can move somewhere and use your success to get into a situation you want to be in.

bigskysbro

Post by bigskysbro » April 8th, 2021, 11:52 am

NewUSUfan wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 11:46 am
After talking with coach there will be players that are going to leave. Some soon some in the near future. It's stinks but Its hard when you get recruited by someone and they leave. there should be a few transfer when the coach leaves no matter what. Hard for the fan base but fair to the player.
Shulga and who else? Starter?

aggies22

Post by aggies22 » April 8th, 2021, 1:16 pm

bigskysbro wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 11:52 am
NewUSUfan wrote:
Rollie Worster.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
NewUSUfan

NewUSUfan

Post by NewUSUfan » April 8th, 2021, 1:22 pm

aggies22 wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 1:16 pm
bigskysbro wrote:
NewUSUfan wrote:
Rollie Worster.
And probably one more.

usu99

Post by usu99 » April 8th, 2021, 1:24 pm

Wow this went from bad to worse fast

For all of your IT needs send me a PM!!

Aggie702

Post by Aggie702 » April 8th, 2021, 1:27 pm

aggies22 wrote:
April 8th, 2021, 1:16 pm
bigskysbro wrote:
NewUSUfan wrote:
Rollie Worster.
Rollie leaving because he doesn't like the new coach? Or the new coach doesn't envision same role for him? Or little of both?

Locked Previous topicNext topic