Bean Sponsorship

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Blitz79

Re: Bean Sponsorship

Post by Blitz79 » August 2nd, 2021, 8:26 pm

Just curious. Those who say they've had way better food in Utah. Where?

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » August 2nd, 2021, 9:27 pm

Blitz79 wrote:
August 2nd, 2021, 8:26 pm
I actually like Angie’s just fine. But just in Logan I’d say Tandoori and Herm’s Inn are my favorite places to eat. I’ve heard good things about the southern barbecue place that moved in a couple years ago as well.

Interestingly, there is an Indian restaurant in St. George I might like even better than Tandoori called Red Fort.

In Farmington there is a taco shop called Chonchi’s that I am obsessed with. And another Mexican place in Kaysville called Orlando’s that I like a lot.

THAT BEING SAID- I would still pick Maddox and a shrimp steak over all those things most days. Except for maybe the tacos... they’re so damnably good.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » August 2nd, 2021, 9:38 pm

Blitz79 wrote:
In Logan: MayMoes, Tandoori Oven, The Crepery
Ogden: Tona Sushi, The Pie, Harp and Hound
SLC: White Horse, Fleming's, Rodizio
Midway: The Blue Boar, Back 40, The Corner

Plus, there are many of places I would rather eat, but I don't know I can defend them as "better" (e.g. Firehouse, Slackwater, Charlie Chow's). Honorable mentions go to Sweet Ginger (Draper) and Riverside Corner (Riverside... not a fair comparison, but their chicken tenders are incredible).

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » August 2nd, 2021, 9:39 pm

flying_scotsman2.0 wrote:
August 2nd, 2021, 9:27 pm
Blitz79 wrote:
I actually like Angie’s just fine. But just in Logan I’d say Tandoori and Herm’s Inn are my favorite places to eat. I’ve heard good things about the southern barbecue place that moved in a couple years ago as well.

Interestingly, there is an Indian restaurant in St. George I might like even better than Tandoori called Red Fort.

In Farmington there is a taco shop called Chonchi’s that I am obsessed with. And another Mexican place in Kaysville called Orlando’s that I like a lot.

THAT BEING SAID- I would still pick Maddox and a shrimp steak over all those things most days. Except for maybe the tacos... they’re so damnably good.
Shrimp steak... :disappointed:

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » August 2nd, 2021, 10:07 pm

Turkey steak, hot rolls and cornpones with butter and honey is a good family style dinner.

As for Taco Time, I’ve have it on good authority, seniors going there primarily due to senior discounts and smaller sized options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » August 3rd, 2021, 10:20 am

Real Life Aggie wrote:
August 2nd, 2021, 9:38 pm
Blitz79 wrote:

Plus, there are many of places I would rather eat, but I don't know I can defend them as "better" (e.g. Firehouse, Slackwater, Charlie Chow's). Honorable mentions go to Sweet Ginger (Draper) and Riverside Corner (Riverside... not a fair comparison, but their chicken tenders are incredible).
Le Nonne is probably the best restaurant in Logan. It's the best Italian food I've had in the states.

newtonianblue

Post by newtonianblue » August 3rd, 2021, 2:46 pm

AgMan21 wrote:
August 3rd, 2021, 10:20 am
Real Life Aggie wrote:
August 2nd, 2021, 9:38 pm
Blitz79 wrote:

Le Nonne is probably the best restaurant in Logan. It's the best Italian food I've had in the states.
My real-deal Italian daughter would agree, she grew up in Sardinia and we have eaten at Italian restaurants all over the states - she thinks Le Nonne is as good as it gets on this side of the pond.

And Maddox makes a great steak! Love that place for the steaks and the rolls and cornpones. If that makes me old so be it 😝

But back to the Bean, good for him! He’s as good an Aggie ambassador as they come.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » August 3rd, 2021, 3:16 pm

My Maddox meh-ness aside, it's the best prime rib I've ever had in a restaurant.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » August 3rd, 2021, 3:59 pm

I'm hungry now.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

coolag

Post by coolag » August 3rd, 2021, 4:20 pm

I refuse to take any good eats advice from people who think cafe Rio and Costa vida are good mexican food.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post (total 3):
Yossarianapostewusu98

Regulator of Class

cdaAg

Post by cdaAg » August 3rd, 2021, 7:37 pm

I saw Slackwater mentioned in this thread. I know several foodies who love Slackwater, and it just doesn't click for me. The food is decent, but nothing excellent. It probably hasn't helped that the service has been poor each time I've been there. What am I missing there?

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » August 3rd, 2021, 8:35 pm

cdaAg wrote:I saw Slackwater mentioned in this thread. I know several foodies who love Slackwater, and it just doesn't click for me. The food is decent, but nothing excellent. It probably hasn't helped that the service has been poor each time I've been there. What am I missing there?
I give them and all restaurants a break for service. They simply can’t hire enough people (or are saying they can’t find people and really can so we are more patient). I don’t love the food either, but food and music are both so subjective to personal opinion. I’m a fan of El Sol and Fredrico’s and the band Rush. Lots of people disagree with my tastes.

These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post:
cdaAg

Rustyj87

Post by Rustyj87 » August 3rd, 2021, 9:20 pm

I'm manager at that taco time I've never heard them called reds or Waldos ever.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » August 3rd, 2021, 10:14 pm

FeartheFro wrote:
August 3rd, 2021, 8:35 pm
cdaAg wrote:I saw Slackwater mentioned in this thread. I know several foodies who love Slackwater, and it just doesn't click for me. The food is decent, but nothing excellent. It probably hasn't helped that the service has been poor each time I've been there. What am I missing there?
I give them and all restaurants a break for service. They simply can’t hire enough people (or are saying they can’t find people and really can so we are more patient). I don’t love the food either, but food and music are both so subjective to personal opinion. I’m a fan of El Sol and Fredrico’s and the band Rush. Lots of people disagree with my tastes.

I've been there repeatedly from 2016 when I started working in Ogden until the 'rona hit. We went there a couple times a year for work lunches. Service is never spectacular, but I've never had bad service.

I'd say it depends on what you're looking for and what you order. If you're looking for a hearty pizza, go to The Pie. For what it's worth, even the meat eaters amongst my work group think that The Hulk is the best pizza they have. I found the Cardiac Arrest underwhelming.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » August 3rd, 2021, 10:16 pm

FeartheFro wrote:

I love Fredrico's because of what it is... a classic from my childhood. Objectively speaking, their ham salad is about the only thing good from there. I still love the taste of the pizza (nostalgia), but not because it's amazing pizza. :)
These users thanked the author Real Life Aggie for the post:
trevordude

Slim80

Post by Slim80 » August 3rd, 2021, 10:17 pm

MayMoes in south Logan is an absolute must try for everyone. DELICIOUS!!
These users thanked the author Slim80 for the post (total 4):
Real Life Aggiesam tingeyaggies22trevordude

MalAgua

Post by MalAgua » August 3rd, 2021, 10:32 pm

cdaAg wrote:
August 3rd, 2021, 7:37 pm
I saw Slackwater mentioned in this thread. I know several foodies who love Slackwater, and it just doesn't click for me. The food is decent, but nothing excellent. It probably hasn't helped that the service has been poor each time I've been there. What am I missing there?
I agree. The pizza is more like cooked dough with some toppings speckled on, and it’s way overpriced for what it is. I think most people like it due to the extensive beer selection. Save your $20 and make a better pizza at home.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » August 3rd, 2021, 11:13 pm

Aggie fans after seeing Justin Bean's commercial:

(Except trade "Bell" for "Time")

coolag

Post by coolag » August 4th, 2021, 6:33 am

FeartheFro wrote:

El Sol? You can't be serious. That place is what I think of when Kip is grating the cheddar cheese over his chips on Napoleon Dynamite. Quite possibly the worst food I've ever eaten in Cache Valley.

MayMoes
Sabores
Tandoori
Sam's Club food court - now that's some tasty stuff
These users thanked the author coolag for the post:
Real Life Aggie

Regulator of Class

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » August 4th, 2021, 8:40 am

coolag wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:

El Sol? You can't be serious. That place is what I think of when Kip is grating the cheddar cheese over his chips on Napoleon Dynamite. Quite possibly the worst food I've ever eaten in Cache Valley.

MayMoes
Sabores
Tandoori
And somehow they have managed to stay in business as an independent restaurant for over 40 years. Just because I say it is good, doesn’t make it good, just as you saying it is bad, doesn’t make it bad.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » August 4th, 2021, 10:41 am

FeartheFro wrote:
August 4th, 2021, 8:40 am
coolag wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:

MayMoes
Sabores
Tandoori
And somehow they have managed to stay in business as an independent restaurant for over 40 years. Just because I say it is good, doesn’t make it good, just as you saying it is bad, doesn’t make it bad.

I haven't been to El Sol (used to be called Del Sol, right?) in a long time. Do they still give you enchilada sauce with your chips and try to convince you that it's salsa?

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » August 4th, 2021, 10:43 am

August 2nd, 2021, 9:27 pm
Blitz79 wrote:
And another Mexican place in Kaysville called Orlando’s that I like a lot.
My parents love Orlandos! My parents love it. I have not been there since that first time they invited me.

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » August 4th, 2021, 11:09 am

BigBlueDart wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:
coolag wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:

MayMoes
Sabores
Tandoori

I haven't been to El Sol (used to be called Del Sol, right?) in a long time. Do they still give you enchilada sauce with your chips and try to convince you that it's salsa?
Yes they do!! I prefer to call it ketchup with a sprinkle of Tabasco!

These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post:
BigBlueDart

coolag

Post by coolag » August 4th, 2021, 10:07 pm

FeartheFro wrote:
coolag wrote:
FeartheFro wrote:

MayMoes
Sabores
Tandoori

Relax Kip
These users thanked the author coolag for the post:
Real Life Aggie

Regulator of Class

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » August 4th, 2021, 10:41 pm

Hey! I thought i was anonymous on this board.

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » August 5th, 2021, 12:59 am

FeartheFro wrote:
August 4th, 2021, 10:41 pm
Hey! I thought i was anonymous on this board.

coolag

918AGG

Post by 918AGG » August 6th, 2021, 9:48 am

josephconlin wrote:
August 2nd, 2021, 1:42 pm
WAAggie wrote:
July 30th, 2021, 5:39 pm
Des news say $1,000’s per year. They wanted to do it when Brito was here but back then it would have been a violation.

Here's the link to the article I believe you are referring to.

https://www.deseret.com/faith/2021/7/30 ... e-burritos
The most Utah-y thing I've seen today ("TMUTIST"): Quoting scripture about much being required when much is given in regards to a few-thousand-dollar bean burrito sponsorship.

Also: I'll be first in line for the Justin Bean meet and greet, autograph session, and bean burrito hang-out at the Taco Time in Logan.

Live every week like it’s Shark Week! :thumbsup:

blueaggie

Post by blueaggie » August 7th, 2021, 11:08 pm

coolag wrote:
August 4th, 2021, 6:33 am
FeartheFro wrote:

MayMoes
Sabores
Tandoori
Love El Sol and Su Casa in Midvale. As for the salsa next time ask for the salsa frescsa. I also love Fredrico's..

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » August 8th, 2021, 9:13 pm

blueaggie wrote:
August 7th, 2021, 11:08 pm
coolag wrote:
August 4th, 2021, 6:33 am
FeartheFro wrote:

MayMoes
Sabores
Tandoori
Love El Sol and Su Casa in Midvale. As for the salsa next time ask for the salsa frescsa. I also love Fredrico's..
Fredrico's was a lot cooler when they had the working jukebox.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » August 14th, 2021, 12:25 pm

Good for Bean. Being newly married in college can be tough financially even with a scholarship. Glad for any player that gets an endorsement.
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post:
aggies22

tysteve20

Post by tysteve20 » August 17th, 2021, 9:47 am

These users thanked the author tysteve20 for the post (total 6):
NVAggieAggieArmytrevordudeReal Life Aggieflying_scotsman2.0aggies22

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » August 17th, 2021, 9:34 pm

tysteve20 wrote:
August 17th, 2021, 9:47 am
My wife wants to know if we can get just the bean burrito for $3.40.
flying_scotsman2.0

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » August 17th, 2021, 9:59 pm

They gonna get in trouble for using the proprietary Aggie Athletics font on the name and number there?

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » August 18th, 2021, 1:03 pm

August 17th, 2021, 9:59 pm
They gonna get in trouble for using the proprietary Aggie Athletics font on the name and number there?
The way I understood it, they just can't use any official Utah State gear.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
flying_scotsman2.0

RigAggie

Post by RigAggie » August 18th, 2021, 4:27 pm

Does he have a zipper pocket full of tots though? If he does I want some of them.
These users thanked the author RigAggie for the post:
aggies22

Locked Previous topicNext topic