UCI believe to be Nov. 16th

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SLB

UCI believe to be Nov. 16th

Post by SLB » September 22nd, 2021, 6:02 pm

ineptimusprime

Re: UCI believe to be Nov. 16th

Post by ineptimusprime » September 22nd, 2021, 9:47 pm

I’m skeptical. We’re flying to Annapolis to play Richmond on the 12th, flying all the way across the country to Irvine to play on the 16th, and then flying all the way across the country again to play Penn in the Myrtle Beach just two days later on the 18th? That sequence makes no sense. If we’re playing a game between the 12th and 18th, I’d guess it’s a home gimme or another east coast game.

We also played at UCI last. It’s their turn to come here.

Their 12/3 TBD also wouldn’t work. We play St. Mary’s at home the day before.

Methinks the UCI game isn’t happening.

We also have 4 home games, 2 road games, 2 “neutral” site games that are essentially road games (Richmond and Iowa), and then the three true neutral games in Myrtle Beach. That’s already too much away from the Spectrum for the last game to be a true road game, IMO.
These users thanked the author ineptimusprime for the post:
aggies22

SLB

Re: UCI believe to be Nov. 16th

Post by SLB » September 23rd, 2021, 10:21 am

ineptimusprime wrote:
September 22nd, 2021, 9:47 pm
I’m skeptical. We’re flying to Annapolis to play Richmond on the 12th, flying all the way across the country to Irvine to play on the 16th, and then flying all the way across the country again to play Penn in the Myrtle Beach just two days later on the 18th? That sequence makes no sense. If we’re playing a game between the 12th and 18th, I’d guess it’s a home gimme or another east coast game.

We also played at UCI last. It’s their turn to come here.

Their 12/3 TBD also wouldn’t work. We play St. Mary’s at home the day before.

Methinks the UCI game isn’t happening.

We also have 4 home games, 2 road games, 2 “neutral” site games that are essentially road games (Richmond and Iowa), and then the three true neutral games in Myrtle Beach. That’s already too much away from the Spectrum for the last game to be a true road game, IMO.
I get what you mean. People with the schedule updates have said Aggies vs UCI is happening for months, and I suspect the reason that haven't publish our schedule is the very thing that you brought up. My guess that it may or may not happen with UCI, and I have to wonder about this last non-conference game since this UCI scheduling conflict.

Locked Previous topicNext topic