Zee H

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
treesap32

Re: Zee H

Post by treesap32 » October 13th, 2021, 10:56 pm

brownjeans wrote:
October 13th, 2021, 4:08 am
https://apnews.com/article/b291ffda3919 ... e826dd0782

If a player is one of your better players, play them. If not, red shirt, if they have a red shirt, and see if they improve.
Why would you sit someone who is better than someone you are playing?

It's not complicated.
I remember Stew saying that Tai was definitely good enough to play meaningful minutes his true freshman year, but he redshirted him anyway. Times have changed with the transfer portal, players jumping ship all the time, etc now-a-days. If you can win without a great player that could use some development and secure him for 4 more years that's a good reason to do it. But again, times have changed. I'm more in the camp of simply playing anyone who can contribute to winning games now.

Aggie19

Re: Zee H

Post by Aggie19 » October 14th, 2021, 12:03 am

treesap32 wrote:
October 13th, 2021, 10:56 pm
brownjeans wrote:
October 13th, 2021, 4:08 am
https://apnews.com/article/b291ffda3919 ... e826dd0782

If a player is one of your better players, play them. If not, red shirt, if they have a red shirt, and see if they improve.
Why would you sit someone who is better than someone you are playing?

It's not complicated.
I remember Stew saying that Tai was definitely good enough to play meaningful minutes his true freshman year, but he redshirted him anyway. Times have changed with the transfer portal, players jumping ship all the time, etc now-a-days. If you can win without a great player that could use some development and secure him for 4 more years that's a good reason to do it. But again, times have changed. I'm more in the camp of simply playing anyone who can contribute to winning games now.
I'm the same way. If a kid can contribute, I'm not worrying about the redshirt, I could be fired by the time it matters. That said, if it is clearly better for the kid to wait and develop, you have to sit him, that's also a huge part of that job you could be fired from. 🙂

Go Aggies!

Locked Previous topicNext topic