My issue with the scewjob

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
hickaggie

My issue with the scewjob

Post by hickaggie » December 2nd, 2021, 9:26 pm

Hey I like tough contact and don't like the refs deciding games. But the most agregious foul in the last 10 second sequence was Bean getting mauled down low on his body and the shot. How do you swallow your whistle on that and call the loose ball. So OK its a fast game and the refs f it big time.

However Bean got hit pretty hard on the lob pass. Normally you wouldn't call that but you got to be consistent and make the makeup call there. Have to do it. I rarely if ever blame the refs and the Aggies missed some chances but they decided this game and did it in a bull (I can't express myself without swearing) fashion by not calling a makeup on that lob and jacking up the previous sequence.

Makes you wonder if they have some money involved? What was the over under in Vegas?
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post (total 3):
FloridaAggie13Aggie in Boise3rdGenAggie

slcagg

Re: My issue with the scewjob

Post by slcagg » December 2nd, 2021, 9:28 pm

Does anyone have replay of that last possession?

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 2nd, 2021, 9:30 pm

slcagg wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 9:28 pm
Does anyone have replay of that last possession?
The contact and Beans body moving looked more than certain on the TV replays. And it wasn't subtle.

slcagg

Post by slcagg » December 2nd, 2021, 9:30 pm

Oh I agree but I’d like to see it again.

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » December 2nd, 2021, 9:32 pm

There was 1 second and the dude was already falling down. I don’t know why you call that when the game would go to overtime anyway. Especially if there was no call on the drive by Bean. Let the stinkin game be decided in overtime!

pcaggie

Post by pcaggie » December 2nd, 2021, 9:37 pm

Because Bennet had just chewed him out that’s why

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » December 2nd, 2021, 9:38 pm

If you aren't going to call the obvious contact on Bean's drive then you can't call the incidental contact on the rebound with one second left. Then, if you are going to call the incidental contact on the rebound then you must call the exact same contact on the inbounds pass on the ensuing possession.

Really crappy and inconsistent officiating.
These users thanked the author FloridaAggie13 for the post:
slcagg

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » December 2nd, 2021, 9:48 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 9:38 pm
If you aren't going to call the obvious contact on Bean's drive then you can't call the incidental contact on the rebound with one second left. Then, if you are going to call the incidental contact on the rebound then you must call the exact same contact on the inbounds pass on the ensuing possession.

Really crappy is the understatement of the year. That was an intentional screwjob.
These users thanked the author hickaggie for the post:
aggies22

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » December 2nd, 2021, 9:49 pm

The biggest issue is that there is less than no accountability for officials when they blow a game like that. None.
These users thanked the author 3rdGenAggie for the post:
aggies22

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Winning Team

Post by Winning Team » December 2nd, 2021, 9:51 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 9:49 pm
The biggest issue is that there is less than no accountability for officials when they blow a game like that. None.
I totally agree. They just continue to live their lives and ref their games. This is becoming a huge issue in profesional sports too.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » December 2nd, 2021, 9:55 pm

Winning Team wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 9:51 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
I totally agree. They just continue to live their lives and ref their games. This is becoming a huge issue in profesional sports too.
Yep. I'm not saying they should be fired for an occasional bad call, but bad calls should be pointed out and if a ref has an inordinate number of them (especially ones that directly affect outcomes) they do need to be suspended or fired.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

UStateTim

Post by UStateTim » December 2nd, 2021, 9:57 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:

This. Exactly this

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » December 2nd, 2021, 9:57 pm

hickaggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 9:48 pm
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Really crappy is the understatement of the year. That was an intentional screwjob.
Tough way to lose. We had our chances. Made some good plays on D. Every time it looked like we had taken control they came back with big plays. That and 1 by Fotu was big. Went from near turnover to that. Then officials missed 2 travels that led to a bucket.

Official right by play doesn’t call it. Guy clear over half court by Bennet makes the call. Official by play should knock some sense in the official that called it

SasquatchAggie
Has thanked: 0

Post by SasquatchAggie » December 2nd, 2021, 10:01 pm

Jones has to hit that WIIIIDE open 3… hit that and we don’t leave it up to the refs to decide the outcome.
These users thanked the author SasquatchAggie for the post (total 3):
LoveMyAggiesSpectrumMagicaggiesdotcom

LoveMyAggies

Post by LoveMyAggies » December 2nd, 2021, 10:02 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
there's ways to hold him accountable, problem is, Hartwell and Odom are going to let it go. They can file formal written complaints and ask for investigations into one sided officiating.

IMHO, overall they missed calls on both sides, and it was pretty equal, until the last 10 seconds. Either both plays were fouls or neither were. You can't objectively say otherwise.

What this shows me is the Randy McCall crew have no integrity, and are easily bullied by Bennett. Who knows, maybe they were betting on the game??

As far as formal complaints go, I doubt Odom and Hartwell do anything.
These users thanked the author LoveMyAggies for the post:
3rdGenAggie

CaptainChaos

Post by CaptainChaos » December 2nd, 2021, 10:02 pm

SpectrumMagic wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Tough way to lose. We had our chances. Made some good plays on D. Every time it looked like we had taken control they came back with big plays. That and 1 by Fotu was big. Went from near turnover to that. Then officials missed 2 travels that led to a bucket.

Official right by play doesn’t call it. Guy clear over half court by Bennet makes the call. Official by play should knock some sense in the official that called it

I finally just saw the replay and came to say the same thing… I wouldn’t be surprised if the pos was seriously just watching the clock to make that call. He was 20 yards away froM the play. Who makes a call like that with 1 second left- holy hell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » December 2nd, 2021, 10:04 pm

3rdGenAggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 9:55 pm
Winning Team wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 9:51 pm
3rdGenAggie wrote:
Yep. I'm not saying they should be fired for an occasional bad call, but bad calls should be pointed out and if a ref has an inordinate number of them (especially ones that directly affect outcomes) they do need to be suspended or fired.
It would be awesome if someone started a podcast called "They Blew It" where fans who think their team got screwed could call in and the hosts could view the plays and give their opinion. You could have a top 10 weekly worst calls and keep stats on how many times certain refs names are on it.
These users thanked the author YouEssYou for the post (total 2):
aggies223rdGenAggie

coolag

Post by coolag » December 2nd, 2021, 10:06 pm

CaptainChaos wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 10:02 pm
SpectrumMagic wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

I finally just saw the replay and came to say the same thing… I wouldn’t be surprised if the pos was seriously just watching the clock to make that call. He was 20 yards away froM the play. Who makes a call like that with 1 second left- holy hell.

Randy MCcall that's who.
These users thanked the author coolag for the post:
slcagg

Regulator of Class

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » December 2nd, 2021, 10:07 pm

SasquatchAggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 10:01 pm
Jones has to hit that WIIIIDE open 3… hit that and we don’t leave it up to the refs to decide the outcome.
Most of our points came from FT down stretch. Bean made shot in paint to get us up 3 and I don’t remember a basket before that for quite some time. Missed golden opportunity in first half to have big lead, showed some grit coming back and making plays. Just didn’t get the call on bean drive or make 3. Announcers on Bean drive - a lot of contact no call. Then oh my goodness a foul with .9 to play

Crazy to “let them play” then run in and call rebound foul to decide game.

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » December 2nd, 2021, 10:09 pm

Problem with filing complaints is that contrary to popular belief, refs actually do have biases and agendas. I've got an NCAA ref on video who admits he swallowed his whistle during a close game with SDSU a couple years ago. File a complaint and the cabal will make sure a toss-up call never goes your way again.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post:
3rdGenAggie

SLB

Post by SLB » December 2nd, 2021, 10:10 pm

coolag wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 10:06 pm
CaptainChaos wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Randy MCcall that's who.
Craig Smith would treat Randy McCall like a kid that wanted attention, and McCall lighten up on us over time. With no Craig Smith, the McCall factor is back.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » December 2nd, 2021, 10:11 pm

LoveMyAggies wrote:
3rdGenAggie wrote:
there's ways to hold him accountable, problem is, Hartwell and Odom are going to let it go. They can file formal written complaints and ask for investigations into one sided officiating.

IMHO, overall they missed calls on both sides, and it was pretty equal, until the last 10 seconds. Either both plays were fouls or neither were. You can't objectively say otherwise.

What this shows me is the Randy McCall crew have no integrity, and are easily bullied by Bennett. Who knows, maybe they were betting on the game??

As far as formal complaints go, I doubt Odom and Hartwell do anything.
I'm guessing they'll file a complaint but it doesn't change anything. Anderson has mentioned a few times that they file complaints with every game and then get a response either verifying the complaints as valid or not...but in the end it doesn't change anything. They talk to the responsible officials about the bad calls but there isn't much more that they do about it.

LoveMyAggies

Post by LoveMyAggies » December 2nd, 2021, 10:21 pm

Another thing they could do is have him barred from our games, or sanctioned from our games. This would have to be on Hartwell and Odom.

IE Hartwell can call the dude up and say that officiating job you did was unprofessional, we ask that you don't officiate our games anymore, the integrity and objectiveness has been lost.

LoveMyAggies

Post by LoveMyAggies » December 2nd, 2021, 10:25 pm

SLB wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 10:10 pm
coolag wrote:
CaptainChaos wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Randy MCcall that's who.
Craig Smith would treat Randy McCall like a kid that wanted attention, and McCall lighten up on us over time. With no Craig Smith, the McCall factor is back.
Maybe SLB is onto something, our Fans maybe need to send him some Gifts, and keep telling him how great he is, maybe he will like Logan after all, LOL

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » December 2nd, 2021, 10:27 pm

LoveMyAggies wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 10:21 pm
Another thing they could do is have him barred from our games, or sanctioned from our games. This would have to be on Hartwell and Odom.

IE Hartwell can call the dude up and say that officiating job you did was unprofessional, we ask that you don't officiate our games anymore, the integrity and objectiveness has been lost.
Google Randy McCall, he’s got quite the track record.

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » December 2nd, 2021, 10:28 pm

Well we have a few chances to get some good wins. BYU, @ Weber and Iowa are tough ones. Hopefully we can put this one behind us and finish OOC strong. Conference play is going to be tough as well
These users thanked the author SpectrumMagic for the post (total 2):
LoveMyAggiesReal Life Aggie

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 2nd, 2021, 10:43 pm

Sucks. Completely winnable game. Jones has to hit that shot and then the rebound doesn't matter. If you give the refs a chance to decide the game they'll screw you over more times than not.

SLB

Post by SLB » December 2nd, 2021, 10:46 pm

LoveMyAggies wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 10:25 pm
SLB wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 10:10 pm
coolag wrote:
CaptainChaos wrote:
SpectrumMagic wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:

Randy MCcall that's who.
Maybe SLB is onto something, our Fans maybe need to send him some Gifts, and keep telling him how great he is, maybe he will like Logan after all, LOL
I remember Craig Smith relationship with McCall kind of like Smith being a teacher telling McCall is a special kid. McCall lighten up after a certain point which showed how silly McCall is, and Odom needs to take a page out of Smith's playbook and pat McCall's special head to cool some of stupid off of McCall.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 2nd, 2021, 11:02 pm

hickaggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 9:26 pm
Hey I like tough contact and don't like the refs deciding games. But the most agregious foul in the last 10 second sequence was Bean getting mauled down low on his body and the shot. How do you swallow your whistle on that and call the loose ball. So OK its a fast game and the refs f it big time.

However Bean got hit pretty hard on the lob pass. Normally you wouldn't call that but you got to be consistent and make the makeup call there. Have to do it. I rarely if ever blame the refs and the Aggies missed some chances but they decided this game and did it in a bull (I can't express myself without swearing) fashion by not calling a makeup on that lob and jacking up the previous sequence.

Makes you wonder if they have some money involved? What was the over under in Vegas?
I don't like to complain about refs as well, but to not call a foul on the Bean drive, but then to call the other one on a rebound was pure garbage. Who know who would have won in OT, but if you don't call the Bean foul on the drive you sure as hell don't call that foul on the rebound.
These users thanked the author Aggie84025 for the post (total 2):
3rdGenAggiecval

slcagg

Post by slcagg » December 2nd, 2021, 11:05 pm

FL350Aggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 10:27 pm
LoveMyAggies wrote:

The first thing that pulled up is that he has been to several final 4

LoveMyAggies

Post by LoveMyAggies » December 3rd, 2021, 3:01 am

hipsterdoofus21 wrote:Sucks. Completely winnable game. Jones has to hit that shot and then the rebound doesn't matter. If you give the refs a chance to decide the game they'll screw you over more times than not.
I’ve missed seeing your input all over the Board, seems you’ve been elsewhere. Hope things are going well.

Usu0505

Post by Usu0505 » December 3rd, 2021, 5:41 am

slcagg wrote:
FL350Aggie wrote:
December 2nd, 2021, 10:27 pm
LoveMyAggies wrote:

The first thing that pulled up is that he has been to several final 4
There is at least. Reddit page of mountain west teams hating his guts. Scroll down

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » December 3rd, 2021, 7:24 am

I've tried to tell you guys the conference hates us.
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post (total 2):
USU78FloridaAggie13

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 3rd, 2021, 8:23 am

LoveMyAggies wrote:
December 3rd, 2021, 3:01 am
hipsterdoofus21 wrote:Sucks. Completely winnable game. Jones has to hit that shot and then the rebound doesn't matter. If you give the refs a chance to decide the game they'll screw you over more times than not.
I’ve missed seeing your input all over the Board, seems you’ve been elsewhere. Hope things are going well.
Hey thanks! I'm dealing with the Covid pandemic by day and remodeling my house by night so I haven't had as much time to lurk, but I'm still a diehard Aggie fan that struggled to sleep last night after a loss like that.
These users thanked the author hipsterdoofus21 for the post:
aggies22

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » December 3rd, 2021, 8:24 am

I've missed you too hipster.

Locked Previous topicNext topic