First 5 minutes

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
nswaggie

First 5 minutes

Post by nswaggie » December 3rd, 2021, 12:01 am

I had the thought, these refs are gonna equalize our home court advantage. Several calls / no calls in that first 5 minutes that help out St. Mary's and didn't allow us more opportunities to extend the lead. Except for that fact that the end of the game is more important the first 5 minutes worth of officiating was just as awful. :puke:

The flop warning call against Rylan was also joke.

Ahbye

Re: First 5 minutes

Post by Ahbye » December 3rd, 2021, 7:18 am

nswaggie wrote:
December 3rd, 2021, 12:01 am
I had the thought, these refs are gonna equalize our home court advantage. Several calls / no calls in that first 5 minutes that help out St. Mary's and didn't allow us more opportunities to extend the lead. Except for that fact that the end of the game is more important the first 5 minutes worth of officiating was just as awful. :puke:

The flop warning call against Rylan was also joke.
The flop call removed Rylan from the game. He wasn't the same after that.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post:
nswaggie

FL350Aggie

Post by FL350Aggie » December 3rd, 2021, 7:25 am

Yeah it’s almost like they knew that Rylan would try and take charges. It definitely appeared that he got tripped up on that play, definitely not a flop by any means.
These users thanked the author FL350Aggie for the post:
nswaggie

nswaggie

Post by nswaggie » December 3rd, 2021, 7:59 am

FL350Aggie wrote:
December 3rd, 2021, 7:25 am
Yeah it’s almost like they knew that Rylan would try and take charges. It definitely appeared that he got tripped up on that play, definitely not a flop by any means.
Wouldn't surprise me if Bennett primed the ref before the game. "Hey ref we have been watching tape and you gotta keep your eye on that Jones kid he draws a lot of charges by flopping." It is the most logical explanation for that call, it was a normal basketball play. You hardly ever see the flop called. the most egregious flops go uncalled, the refs simply call a blocking foul.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » December 3rd, 2021, 8:13 am

nswaggie wrote:
December 3rd, 2021, 7:59 am
FL350Aggie wrote:
December 3rd, 2021, 7:25 am
Wouldn't surprise me if Bennett primed the ref before the game. "Hey ref we have been watching tape and you gotta keep your eye on that Jones kid he draws a lot of charges by flopping." It is the most logical explanation for that call, it was a normal basketball play. You hardly ever see the flop called. the most egregious flops go uncalled, the refs simply call a blocking foul.
I would bet money Bennett had primed them before the game. Rylan has been great at taking charges. I did not have good angle from my seat on that call, but Rylan is the smallest player on the court against a guy driving on him. Tough call that took Rylan a little out his game. That being said Rylan needed to make some of his wide open shots he had. He will bounce back.

Locked Previous topicNext topic