Bean needed a cut man last night

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Yossarian

Bean needed a cut man last night

Post by Yossarian » January 27th, 2022, 11:47 am

That was a nasty head-to-head collision with Bairstow. Did you see pictures of Bean's eye after the game? That smarts.

Eutaw St. Aggie

browntown

Re: Bean needed a cut man last night

Post by browntown » January 27th, 2022, 11:54 am

I was wondering how he got it? He posted a picture on Twitter showing how much it has swelled up. Seems to me he’s the toughest Aggie we’ve had in years. Absolute beast and warrior.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » January 27th, 2022, 12:01 pm

browntown wrote:
January 27th, 2022, 11:54 am
I was wondering how he got it? He posted a picture on Twitter showing how much it has swelled up. Seems to me he’s the toughest Aggie we’ve had in years. Absolute beast and warrior.
It was after a Bairstow jumper. Bean was on the wing out by the three point line and Bairstow made a jumper from about the free throw line. Bean broke toward the basket for a potential offensive rebound just as Bairstow was fading back after the shot. Bean's forehead met the back of Bairstow's head with some good force.

Eutaw St. Aggie

ThunderAggie

Post by ThunderAggie » January 27th, 2022, 12:16 pm

This is what happens when you take down a whole Aztec army!

These users thanked the author ThunderAggie for the post:
USU78

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » January 27th, 2022, 12:27 pm

ThunderAggie wrote:
January 27th, 2022, 12:16 pm
This is what happens when you take down a whole Aztec army!

Only, it was a collision with a teammate...

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » January 27th, 2022, 12:53 pm

Bean is a tough guy.

On a separate Bean related note, what do you make of the TV announcer repeatedly saying that Bean needed to initiate our offense? He expected USU offense to go thru Bean. He wanted Bean to start going one on one, driving into the lane and kicking the ball out, playing "point forward." Not saying Bean can't do it, but our guards have trouble doing that, and I haven't really seen Bean play that role. Can he? I start screaming "GIVE IT UP!!!!" (my neighbors can testify) as soon as anyone other than one of our guards dribbles the ball past mid court.

Another classic from the TV announcers last night, "what happened with that flop warning? And their lack of info on the technical foul called against the Aggies? As the SD player was shooting foul shots, "It appears that there was a tech called on the aggie bench."
These users thanked the author El Sapo for the post:
Yossarian

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » January 27th, 2022, 2:07 pm

El Sapo wrote:
January 27th, 2022, 12:53 pm
Bean is a tough guy.

On a separate Bean related note, what do you make of the TV announcer repeatedly saying that Bean needed to initiate our offense? He expected USU offense to go thru Bean. He wanted Bean to start going one on one, driving into the lane and kicking the ball out, playing "point forward." Not saying Bean can't do it, but our guards have trouble doing that, and I haven't really seen Bean play that role. Can he? I start screaming "GIVE IT UP!!!!" (my neighbors can testify) as soon as anyone other than one of our guards dribbles the ball past mid court.

Another classic from the TV announcers last night, "what happened with that flop warning? And their lack of info on the technical foul called against the Aggies? As the SD player was shooting foul shots, "It appears that there was a tech called on the aggie bench."
I knew the announcers were clueless the moment they went on and on about the Aztecs to start the game and seemed surprised that the Aggies were still in the game at the first break. I got the feeling they just looked at our record and assumed it would be a blow out.

They obviously were not familiar with Bean's game either. Probably just looked at his stats and assumed the team ran through him.

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » January 27th, 2022, 2:08 pm

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » January 27th, 2022, 2:15 pm

Aglicious wrote:
January 27th, 2022, 2:07 pm
El Sapo wrote:
Bean is a tough guy.

I knew the announcers were clueless the moment they went on and on about the Aztecs to start the game and seemed surprised that the Aggies were still in the game at the first break. I got the feeling they just looked at our record and assumed it would be a blow out.

They obviously were not familiar with Bean's game either. Probably just looked at his stats and assumed the team ran through him.
I doubt they'd spent five minutes learning themselves about USU basketball before the game and were probably lamenting they had to go to Ice Station Zero to announce a game where one team was barely above .500 and on a four game losing streak. They didn't mention the majority of their games came down to the final minute, until the second half. They probably checked some background research while drinking a coke and scarfing a hot dog.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » January 27th, 2022, 2:31 pm

El Sapo wrote:
Bean is a tough guy.

If you listen to the post-game clip from Odom on the News feed on this site, he says that he and Bean sat down and he told Bean he wanted him to take a more prominent role in facilitating the offense. He wanted him to shoot when he was open and pass when someone else was open. I think we will be seeing the ball in Bean's hands more from here on out.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
FloridaAggie13

Eutaw St. Aggie

Locked Previous topicNext topic