Conference Tourney Seeding Goal

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggie702

Conference Tourney Seeding Goal

Post by Aggie702 » January 27th, 2022, 12:32 pm

This team has shown it can beat the good teams on their schedule. They've also shown they can lose to the bad (and really bad teams) on their schedule. As such, I feel like there is still a chance (be it small) that we can win the MWC tourney if we show up healthy and catch a few breaks.

I think we would need to at least get the 5 seed so we don't have to play the first day of conference tourney. I could see this team winning 3 games in 3 days (which they've already done this season), but 4 in 4 (with as inconsistent as we play plus our lack of depth) would almost be impossible.

It will be tough, but I think the 5 seed is still an attainable goal. We have 11 games left. We probably need to go 8-3 to get there. Maybe 7-4 depending on how other games shake out. 8-3 would put us at 10-8 in conference play. Nevada was the 5 seed last year with a 10-7 record (but some teams played 19 conference games last year, some only 16 due to covid cancellations), so it's feasible that will work for us.

What do you think? Is this a realistic and attainable for this team?
Last edited by Aggie702 on January 27th, 2022, 12:54 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Aggie84025

Re: Conference Tourney Seeding Goal

Post by Aggie84025 » January 27th, 2022, 12:52 pm

I am guessing 9-9 right now which would probably put us in the 6-7 range. I don't think 8-3 is out of the question, but will be tough. While the top 5 teams are really good this Aggies team has shown they can compete with anyone. Just like I think we can beat anybody I think we could lose to anybody as well. If we do get a 6-7 seed and make it to the semifinals i would call that a success based on how bleak it has been the last 3 weeks.

Locked Previous topicNext topic