An NCAA Tournament run wouldn't be erased as easily

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
GameFAQSAggie

An NCAA Tournament run wouldn't be erased as easily

Post by GameFAQSAggie » September 16th, 2022, 7:59 am

as last year's football season has arguably been erased in just three games. I know college sports is about "What have you done for me lately?" as opposed to being able to rest laurels on the past, but I would have to say that if a basketball coach could ever lead us on an NCAA Tournament run, at least get 2 wins to top Stew's 1, he would be remembered fondly at least by me, even if he does poorly the next year, and poorly enough subsequent years to be fired.

Maybe it's just me in that I'm more of a football and march madness guy, in that while wanting every last football win we can get every year, I'm willing to trade horrible basketball losses in our down years for NCAA wins in our up years.

There was a depressingly long list of mid-majors that have won an NCAA game while we have not. But it seems like almost all those schools have ALSO had lows lower than our lows. And I have to say I would take the whole package, other schools lower lows along with their higher highs of NCAA Tournament runs, over our peak of losing in the first round but then never being really that low in the down years. And in the grand scheme of things, we never were really THAT low in Stew's last years and the Duryea years. You might say we lost to Cal State-Monterey Bay and San Jose State as individual game lows, but those seasons as a whole, were really not as low as other schools get.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Re: An NCAA Tournament run wouldn't be erased as easily

Post by BigBlueDart » September 16th, 2022, 9:28 am

Jeff, I think you may be underestimating the fickleness of the fanbase.
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post (total 2):
HootTrueBigBlue

Locked Previous topicNext topic