Vegas

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
VegasBornAggie

Vegas

Post by VegasBornAggie » February 28th, 2024, 11:16 pm

Has anyone heard anything about the alumni association tailgate yet? I feel like there’s usually info by now.
Also what’s the situation with parking this year?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: Vegas

Post by ProvoAggie » March 4th, 2024, 1:02 pm

Looks like the Alumni Tailgate registration is open now. It's $15 this year for the week.
https://www.usu.edu/alumni/events/mwt

Not sure the exact situation with parking this year. You can buy a digital pass on the UNLV parking website. When I asked they told me that it wouldn't work in the T&M parking lot during events but someone else was told that if they showed their receipt it should.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post (total 2):
Aggie84025Full

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 4th, 2024, 2:48 pm

If staying in a Vegas hotel room make sure you check for bed bugs. Put your bags in the bath tub shower area and flip up the corners of all the bedding to look for the tail tail signs. What happens in Vegas don't always stay in Vegas.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » March 4th, 2024, 5:58 pm

ViAggie wrote:
March 4th, 2024, 2:48 pm
If staying in a Vegas hotel room make sure you check for bed bugs. Put your bags in the bath tub shower area and flip up the corners of all the bedding to look for the tail tail signs. What happens in Vegas don't always stay in Vegas.
Are you saying that all the STDs you got in Vegas came home with you?
These users thanked the author Aggie in Boise for the post:
ViAggie

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

GUS

Post by GUS » March 4th, 2024, 6:10 pm

I quit going to the alumni events because they let so many people in that didn't preregister that all the food was gone and it was just some milling around people even 60 minutes before game time. It seemed like a big disappointment. I guess I'm particular, but if I pay for something with food or entertainment, then they need to deliver on it and not let all the late comers benefit from my preregistration.
These users thanked the author GUS for the post (total 3):
USU78NEAggieColoraggie

NEAggie

Post by NEAggie » March 4th, 2024, 7:21 pm

GUS wrote:
March 4th, 2024, 6:10 pm
I quit going to the alumni events because they let so many people in that didn't preregister that all the food was gone and it was just some milling around people even 60 minutes before game time. It seemed like a big disappointment. I guess I'm particular, but if I pay for something with food or entertainment, then they need to deliver on it and not let all the late comers benefit from my preregistration.
My exact experience as well at past MW Tourneys.
These users thanked the author NEAggie for the post:
Coloraggie

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » March 4th, 2024, 9:00 pm

NEAggie wrote:
March 4th, 2024, 7:21 pm
GUS wrote:
I've had the same experience. Waste of time, waste if money. Plus they wanted you to go while other games were going on, I wanted to watch the other games and missed it for bupkis.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » March 5th, 2024, 12:55 am

I will say the ones they have had indoors have been what is described above. Cramped space, limited food that doesn't serve half the people who show up, and nothing to do but crowd around a tiny table or two to look at merch. However, the ones they've had out in the parking lot the last couple of years have been a bit better. Last year I believe there was tons of food left after everyone was done. I remember trays of burgers just sitting out in the sun for what seemed like too long.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 5th, 2024, 8:41 am

Aglicious wrote:
March 5th, 2024, 12:55 am
I will say the ones they have had indoors have been what is described above. Cramped space, limited food that doesn't serve half the people who show up, and nothing to do but crowd around a tiny table or two to look at merch. However, the ones they've had out in the parking lot the last couple of years have been a bit better. Last year I believe there was tons of food left after everyone was done. I remember trays of burgers just sitting out in the sun for what seemed like too long.
They haven't been able to do them in the parking lot for Basketball the past few years. We've done the football ones in the T&M parking lot and it did have a lot of food. The Women's tailgates in Vegas are definitely better. Because they have smaller crowds but the same food budget they get better food and there aren't any crowds there. The Men's ones are fine if you get there early.

bpd

Post by bpd » March 5th, 2024, 9:10 am

Coloraggie wrote:
March 4th, 2024, 9:00 pm
NEAggie wrote:
GUS wrote:
I've had the same experience. Waste of time, waste if money. Plus they wanted you to go while other games were going on, I wanted to watch the other games and missed it for bupkis.

Obviously you missed the one in Fort Collins where people took Pizza home with them, had plenty of choices of Ice Cream, and alcoholic beverages were part of the $10.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » March 5th, 2024, 9:12 am

bpd wrote:
March 5th, 2024, 9:10 am
Coloraggie wrote:
March 4th, 2024, 9:00 pm
NEAggie wrote:
GUS wrote:

Obviously you missed the one in Fort Collins where people took Pizza home with them, had plenty of choices of Ice Cream, and alcoholic beverages were part of the $10.
Damn!

The last two Alumni TG's I went to (SDSU and Bowl Game) were well attended with plenty of drinks and plenty of food. I'd say go.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

VegasBornAggie

Post by VegasBornAggie » March 5th, 2024, 10:01 am

ViAggie wrote:
March 4th, 2024, 2:48 pm
Coming from somebody who grew up in Vegas. Can’t emphasize this enough. Especially if you’re staying somewhere cheap. Check your room before you settle in. With so many hotel rooms cleaning crews can get lazy. Otherwise have fun enjoy the sun and some really really good basketball.
These users thanked the author VegasBornAggie for the post:
ViAggie

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » March 5th, 2024, 10:40 am

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 5th, 2024, 8:41 am
Aglicious wrote:
March 5th, 2024, 12:55 am
They haven't been able to do them in the parking lot for Basketball the past few years. We've done the football ones in the T&M parking lot and it did have a lot of food. The Women's tailgates in Vegas are definitely better. Because they have smaller crowds but the same food budget they get better food and there aren't any crowds there. The Men's ones are fine if you get there early.
Oh yeah, it was for football :oops: ...I forgot they were trekking people over to the game afterward.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic