Section M and N

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggieIceCream05

Section M and N

Post by AggieIceCream05 » March 1st, 2024, 9:36 am

I don’t understand how these sections work? On USU’s official website to buy tickets, they are blocked off as the “student section”, but at actual games, the seats are pretty much a free for all? Anyone can sit in those seats? Can someone please explain?

usufan1

Re: Section M and N

Post by usufan1 » March 1st, 2024, 9:50 am

AggieIceCream05 wrote:I don’t understand how these sections work? On USU’s official website to buy tickets, they are blocked off as the “student section”, but at actual games, the seats are pretty much a free for all? Anyone can sit in those seats? Can someone please explain?
Student section is general admission for students. They scan their ID card and then it's first come, first serve.

Sent from my SM-F946U1 using Tapatalk

AggieIceCream05

Post by AggieIceCream05 » March 1st, 2024, 9:53 am

usufan1 wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 9:50 am
AggieIceCream05 wrote:I don’t understand how these sections work? On USU’s official website to buy tickets, they are blocked off as the “student section”, but at actual games, the seats are pretty much a free for all? Anyone can sit in those seats? Can someone please explain?
Student section is general admission for students. They scan their ID card and then it's first come, first serve.

I understand that, but in section M and N, hardly any students sit in those sections. It’s usually USU alumni with their families. Did our student section ever fill those sections? So that’s my question, if you have a ticket, can anyone sit in those sections?

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 1st, 2024, 9:55 am

usufan1 wrote:

I know for sure the lower half of M is sold to the general public. I know people who have season tickets in the lower portion of M. I'm fairly certain there is a company in cache valley that has bought out a significant number of those "Student tickets" and gives it to their employees.

The top half of M I know is fair game to students for first come first serve.

Full

Post by Full » March 1st, 2024, 9:57 am

AggieIceCream05 wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 9:53 am
usufan1 wrote:

I understand that, but in section M and N, hardly any students sit in those sections. It’s usually USU alumni with their families. Did our student section ever fill those sections? So that’s my question, if you have a ticket, can anyone sit in those sections?
I know this is where a lot of players families, student athletes that play other sports and recruits usually sit. I don’t think that is part of the student section you can sit in by scanning your student id.
These users thanked the author Full for the post:
Dkdavis

AggieIceCream05

Post by AggieIceCream05 » March 1st, 2024, 10:01 am

Why is it blocked off as part of the student section on USU’s website then? It’s confusing. I’m sure this is part of the reason why there are so many other empty seats during games. People buy the least expensive ticket and then go sit in section M or N.

Full

Post by Full » March 1st, 2024, 11:02 am

AggieIceCream05 wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 10:01 am
Why is it blocked off as part of the student section on USU’s website then? It’s confusing. I’m sure this is part of the reason why there are so many other empty seats during games. People buy the least expensive ticket and then go sit in section M or N.
Because the seats are not for sale. Does the U of U not have seats for players guest and recruits? The seats are not a free for all, they are issued and given to student athletes, coaches of other sports and their guests, unaffiliated coaches, recruits, and even the family of halftime performers.

Across all of sports there are people that buy tickets and never use them. Scalpers, people get sick, people have a life outside of sports and decide it’s not worth the hassle to sell/give away the tickets, corporate tickets that go unused. I have sat next to the same couple for years and they haven’t missed a game in years, yet missed several this year due to health reasons. Why do you insist that these tickets are wasted when someone who is very sick doesn’t have the energy to find someone to sit in their seats.
These users thanked the author Full for the post:
Aggie84025

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » March 1st, 2024, 11:28 am

He is just used to seeing curtains @ the U.
These users thanked the author WAAggie for the post (total 2):
AggiePTViAggie

Dkdavis

Post by Dkdavis » March 1st, 2024, 11:41 am

Full wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 11:02 am
AggieIceCream05 wrote:
Because the seats are not for sale. Does the U of U not have seats for players guest and recruits? The seats are not a free for all, they are issued and given to student athletes, coaches of other sports and their guests, unaffiliated coaches, recruits, and even the family of halftime performers.

Across all of sports there are people that buy tickets and never use them. Scalpers, people get sick, people have a life outside of sports and decide it’s not worth the hassle to sell/give away the tickets, corporate tickets that go unused. I have sat next to the same couple for years and they haven’t missed a game in years, yet missed several this year due to health reasons. Why do you insist that these tickets are wasted when someone who is very sick doesn’t have the energy to find someone to sit in their seats.
Man... I feel like I am on repeat now... but I understand that not everyone reads all the posts. It is OK for someone to be a fan of Utah Football and USU Basketball... All of Aggieicecreams posts in this thread were pure curiosity. He was not attacking those who are sick and can't make it to games for health reasons. His questions I assume are the same that many of had at one point.

I don't care if you are a Utah fan, BYU fan, or any other fan. If you are sincerely cheering on USU then you are more than welcome here!
These users thanked the author Dkdavis for the post (total 3):
AggieIceCream05BigBlueDartjazzdog56466

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » March 1st, 2024, 12:34 pm

The comments calling him out as a Ute have been far more annoying than anything I have ever seen posted by AIC.
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post (total 3):
ProvoAggieDkdavisjazzdog56466

AggieIceCream05

Post by AggieIceCream05 » March 1st, 2024, 12:37 pm

I did not know section N is for student athletes, recruits, their families, etc. I see a lot of alumni sitting in that section, so I was confused.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 1st, 2024, 12:39 pm

AggieIceCream05 wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 12:37 pm
I did not know section N is for student athletes, recruits, their families, etc. I see a lot of alumni sitting in that section, so I was confused.
I think the seats are just reserved for Athletic Department use. They can give them to whomever they want. They offered me free tickets once and they were in that section.
These users thanked the author ProvoAggie for the post:
AggieIceCream05

GUS

Post by GUS » March 1st, 2024, 12:42 pm

The lower seats in N are all bought up by Cache Valley Electric. They give them to employees and friends.
These users thanked the author GUS for the post (total 3):
AggieIceCream05FullUSU78

Full

Post by Full » March 1st, 2024, 1:12 pm

Dkdavis wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 11:41 am
Full wrote:
AggieIceCream05 wrote:

Man... I feel like I am on repeat now... but I understand that not everyone reads all the posts. It is OK for someone to be a fan of Utah Football and USU Basketball... All of Aggieicecreams posts in this thread were pure curiosity. He was not attacking those who are sick and can't make it to games for health reasons. His questions I assume are the same that many of had at one point.

I don't care if you are a Utah fan, BYU fan, or any other fan. If you are sincerely cheering on USU then you are more than welcome here!
I’ve attended sold out games, and they all have empty seats. I was in Boise on Feb 10th and there were sections in the third level that were sold out but only half full. What he’s asking seems disingenuous, or maybe he’s never been to a sold out game. Last time I was at a Broncos game they announced the number of people who didn’t show up and it was almost 15,000 for a stadium that seats 75,000 (it was near Christmas years ago). I will say the seat color makes it easier to see empty seats in the Spectrum.

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » March 1st, 2024, 4:23 pm

GUS wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 12:42 pm
The lower seats in N are all bought up by Cache Valley Electric. They give them to employees and friends.
Actually it's section M...

tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG

Post by tipitup » March 1st, 2024, 5:33 pm

is M where there were a couple of san diego fans the other night? it was funny, one of our free throws it was eerily quiet and this lady screamed out it was a crazy scream. i think it was osobor and he made it. she just kinda shrugged it off!

Rawbirds

Post by Rawbirds » March 1st, 2024, 5:49 pm

tipitup wrote:is M where there were a couple of san diego fans the other night? it was funny, one of our free throws it was eerily quiet and this lady screamed out it was a crazy scream. i think it was osobor and he made it. she just kinda shrugged it off!
Yeah, we made every free throw when she screamed and then we she stopped we started missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wams747

Post by wams747 » March 1st, 2024, 6:23 pm

Full wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 1:12 pm
Dkdavis wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 11:41 am
Full wrote:
AggieIceCream05 wrote:

I’ve attended sold out games, and they all have empty seats. I was in Boise on Feb 10th and there were sections in the third level that were sold out but only half full. What he’s asking seems disingenuous, or maybe he’s never been to a sold out game. Last time I was at a Broncos game they announced the number of people who didn’t show up and it was almost 15,000 for a stadium that seats 75,000 (it was near Christmas years ago). I will say the seat color makes it easier to see empty seats in the Spectrum.

I think the color of the seats in the spectrum are 99% of the problem. They are just too noticeable when empty. Surely every sports venue has empty seats during sellouts for two reasons:

1. People pay but don't get to the game.

OR

2. There is a percentage of people up at restrooms, concessions, tending to their kids, or whatever at any given time during the game.

Solutions: 1. Institute a policy that if your seat is not filled by 10 minutes into the game your seats can be given to standby. Assuming some AI can record the info on which seats are not filled or something and folks would wait in standby for big games. 2. Get some damn blue seats in there.

cval

Post by cval » March 1st, 2024, 6:28 pm

Your solution feels like a recipe for disaster. There are a lot of reasons for a seat to not be filled at a given time.

Seems like a pretty small problem for such a drastic solution.

wams747

Post by wams747 » March 1st, 2024, 6:32 pm

cval wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 6:28 pm
Your solution feels like a recipe for disaster. There are a lot of reasons for a seat to not be filled at a given time.

I don't actually want to do solution 1 necessarily I'm just saying what else can be done about people not showing up? Send out emails and texts 30 min prior to tipoff saying if you don't confirm your attendance then your tickets will be resold/rovoked? Lol that wouldn't work either cuz there'd be some pissed people that miss texts or emails and or don't know about the policy. Really I say we do nothing about number 1.

I do however want blue seats which would help with both, look better, etc etc
These users thanked the author wams747 for the post (total 2):
cvalFoolonthehill

tovli

Post by tovli » March 1st, 2024, 9:22 pm

wams747 wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 6:32 pm
cval wrote:

I don't actually want to do solution 1 necessarily I'm just saying what else can be done about people not showing up? Send out emails and texts 30 min prior to tipoff saying if you don't confirm your attendance then your tickets will be resold/rovoked? Lol that wouldn't work either cuz there'd be some pissed people that miss texts or emails and or don't know about the policy. Really I say we do nothing about number 1.

When they inevitably redo the Spectrum (which I hope isn’t for a while) they should have the same pattern of seats just with navy blue and black and pewter.
These users thanked the author tovli for the post:
Foolonthehill

wams747

Post by wams747 » March 2nd, 2024, 1:33 pm

tovli wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 9:22 pm
wams747 wrote:
March 1st, 2024, 6:32 pm
cval wrote:

When they inevitably redo the Spectrum (which I hope isn’t for a while) they should have the same pattern of seats just with navy blue and black and pewter.
I'd need to see a rendering. Could be cool.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic