Not a Fan of Sabau Thus Far

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ChicagoAggie

Re: Not a Fan of Sabua Thus Far

Post by ChicagoAggie » March 28th, 2024, 5:11 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 4:46 pm
If you take away all of the good things she has done and only consider the hires that she hasn’t made yet then it becomes clear that she sucks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
She has more than my vote of confidence! Dispensing of the ‘good old boy’ network that has plagued our AD for decades was needed and shows a lot of brass!

You know if she holds her administrative staff accountable, she’ll hold her coaches accountable as well.

My only concern is she has a huge uphill battle. She might be 3 years too late, but if anyone can move us forward in this very challenging time, she is the one that will do it.
These users thanked the author ChicagoAggie for the post (total 3):
CacheCowbluegrouseNavyBlueAggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 28th, 2024, 5:13 pm

ChicagoAggie wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 5:11 pm
JonnyCienPesos wrote:
If you take away all of the good things she has done and only consider the hires that she hasn’t made yet then it becomes clear that she sucks.

She has more than my vote of confidence! Dispensing of the ‘good old boy’ network that has plagued our AD for decades was needed and shows a lot of brass!

You know if she holds her administrative staff accountable, she’ll hold her coaches accountable as well.

My only concern is she has a huge uphill battle. She might be 3 years too late, but if anyone can move us forward in this very challenging time, she is the one that will do it.
Yep she is doing an excellent job
These users thanked the author Aggie formerly in Hawaii for the post (total 2):
CacheCowbluegrouse

jackattack

Post by jackattack » March 28th, 2024, 5:45 pm

BasketballAgg wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 1:09 pm
Hasn’t really done anything since arriving, when she has had something to do it’s ended terribly (Kayla Ard).

And now, with her first BIG decision as AD, she hires 62 year old, never even been past Kansas to recruit, play pussy Odomball Tod K?? All because he coaches at her hometown university?

I don’t know, I’m not impressed, and I’m wishing more and more by each day that Jerry was the AD.
Why get worked up about the whole Kayla Ard thing? She was a terrible coach. And, if the rumors are true, not a great human, either. Did she deserve to get fired the way she did? Did she throw Sabau under the bus? Who cares? Give Sabau a little more time before a judgment is made. She, at the very least, deserves that.

GordoAggie

Post by GordoAggie » March 28th, 2024, 5:48 pm

Bad news for you haters. President Cantwell likes her so she’ll be around awhile.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » March 28th, 2024, 5:53 pm

BasketballAgg wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 1:09 pm
Hasn’t really done anything since arriving, when she has had something to do it’s ended terribly (Kayla Ard).

And now, with her first BIG decision as AD, she hires 62 year old, never even been past Kansas to recruit, play pussy Odomball Tod K?? All because he coaches at her hometown university?

I don’t know, I’m not impressed, and I’m wishing more and more by each day that Jerry was the AD.

I met with Diana last December, and I'm very, very impressed with her intellect, her experience and her intentions to elevate AGGIE Athletics in total.

The Ard debacle began with a bad hire by our former A D. Enough said, except we really don't yet know who the next AGGIE Basket Ball H C will be, now do we.
These users thanked the author NavyBlueAggie for the post:
bluegrouse

Ahbye

Post by Ahbye » March 28th, 2024, 7:02 pm

I really like her from all my interactions. She'll be great for us.
These users thanked the author Ahbye for the post (total 2):
bluegrouseAngusAg

Aggie in Boise

Post by Aggie in Boise » March 28th, 2024, 7:18 pm

ProvoAggie wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 2:57 pm
BasketballAgg wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 2:53 pm
Hoot wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 2:48 pm
FootballAgg wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 2:45 pm
Hoot wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 2:43 pm
bpd wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 1:10 pm
You have no idea what you are talking about.
Well yeah, he’s FootballAgg and he’s on the basketball forum.
Check my account and you will see 96% of my posts are on the basketball forum.

I was obsessed with football when i made my account. Things have changed.
Then I’m afraid we must request the mods allow you to change your username or we have to petition to get you marked as a troll. Sorry sport, you can’t have it both ways around here.
Mods do me a favor and change it to basketballagg please
Done
And please do me a favor and change my name to FootballAgg so there is no confusion.

"We've upped our standards, so UP YOURS." Unknown

Aggieforlife

Post by Aggieforlife » March 28th, 2024, 7:21 pm

She is still in the prove it stage for me. I’m not in nor out on her. I have heard that much of the AD staff really struggled with her and her management style. However that was a few months ago, so things may have improved.

ChicagoAggie

Post by ChicagoAggie » March 28th, 2024, 7:29 pm

Aggieforlife wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 7:21 pm
She is still in the prove it stage for me. I’m not in nor out on her. I have heard that much of the AD staff really struggled with her and her management style. However that was a few months ago, so things may have improved.
Being held accountable when historically you had no accountability would do that to people!

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 29th, 2024, 12:01 am

ManitobaAggie wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 1:13 pm
How on earth did the word pussy make it past our filters?
Dick does too. Both have other meanings so :noidea:

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » March 29th, 2024, 12:06 am

The less the AD is in my life, the better I feel. I want Football and Basketball. Not university politics.

I don’t believe for a second the University fired her and then made her go on stage. If they allowed her on stage after firing her (as opposed to being upfront earlier that she would be fired) it was to let her publicly show love to her team. Instead she took the passive aggressive route.

I’m more inclined to believe they were upfront awhile ago. I don’t follow women’s hoop but man were the scores painful to see.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 29th, 2024, 1:25 am

Aggieforlife wrote:
I'm here also. ProvoAggie cited the scheduling agreement with Utah. That was a 2 for 1 and not a good deal for Utah State.

The basketball hire is a wait and see.

The w basketball firing, i have no issue with it. She should've been fired a long time ago. It was kind to let her coach that long. Probably far too kind.

Scheduling along with the other MWC teams, Oregon State and Washington State is also a mistake. We should've blackballed them just like we should've blackballed YBU.

So she's been hit and miss. The good news is that Bovee is not our AD. That would be a total disaster. He's already damn near ruined our athletics programs. If she fires him then she'll make up for a couple of failings.

LarryTheAggie

Post by LarryTheAggie » March 29th, 2024, 6:03 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 1:25 am
Aggieforlife wrote:
I'm here also. ProvoAggie cited the scheduling agreement with Utah. That was a 2 for 1 and not a good deal for Utah State.

The w basketball firing, i have no issue with it. She should've been fired a long time ago. It was kind to let her coach that long. Probably far too kind.

Scheduling along with the other MWC teams, Oregon State and Washington State is also a mistake. We should've blackballed them just like we should've blackballed YBU.

So she's been hit and miss. The good news is that Bovee is not our AD. That would be a total disaster. He's already damn near ruined our athletics programs. If she fires him then she'll make up for a couple of failings.
The Utah game is a home and home plus a money game. And the terms of that contract are very favorable to USU.

Very different from a traditional 2 for 1.
These users thanked the author LarryTheAggie for the post:
AngusAg

Aggieforlife

Post by Aggieforlife » March 29th, 2024, 7:26 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
Aggieforlife wrote:

I’m out of the know, what has Bovee done to ruin the AD?

Agezzz

Post by Agezzz » March 29th, 2024, 8:32 am

JonnyCienPesos wrote:

Most of the time you are the only poster that makes any real sense. Well done!! :rock:

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 29th, 2024, 9:30 am

LarryTheAggie wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 6:03 am
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Aggieforlife wrote:

The Utah game is a home and home plus a money game. And the terms of that contract are very favorable to USU.

What are the terms?

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 29th, 2024, 9:48 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 9:30 am
LarryTheAggie wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Aggieforlife wrote:

What are the terms?
First game in Logan, 2 in SLC. Utah will pay us $1.2M ($600k per SLC game). $1M buyout per game if they want to cancel any of them.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=69623&p=926819#p926819

Real Life Aggie

Post by Real Life Aggie » March 29th, 2024, 11:27 am

JonnyCienPesos wrote:

shoresy
Has thanked: 0

Post by shoresy » March 29th, 2024, 11:40 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
Aggieforlife wrote:

LMAO there are plenty of wrong things posted on this board, but it's rare for a post to have this many wrong things back-to-back-to-back-to-back.

NavyBlueAggie

Post by NavyBlueAggie » March 29th, 2024, 11:45 am

ChicagoAggie wrote:
March 28th, 2024, 7:29 pm
Aggieforlife wrote:

Being held accountable when historically you had no accountability would do that to people!

BULLSEYE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is Decades past time when the sliders on the USU A D staff could do little and still enjoy a paycheck. Diana will hold staffers accountable. I've seen only a handful who really pulled their weight at USU.... and I've been a fan and booster for quite some time.

StanfordAggie

Post by StanfordAggie » March 29th, 2024, 11:48 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
Aggieforlife wrote:

I don't even know where to start with that one. First, that was an MWC decision, not a Sabau decision. Second, we are getting a ton of money for playing those games. Third, the goal is to add WSU/OSU to the MWC (or reverse merge the MWC into the PAC). Shivving these schools when they are down would be a great way to prevent that from happening. And it also doesn't benefit the conference to weaken two schools that are likely to eventually join the conference. So I definitely think it was the correct decision, and it appears that a majority of MWC coaches/AD's/presidents agree with me.
These users thanked the author StanfordAggie for the post:
88USUAggie

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 29th, 2024, 12:37 pm

StanfordAggie wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 11:48 am
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Aggieforlife wrote:

I don't even know where to start with that one. First, that was an MWC decision, not a Sabau decision. Second, we are getting a ton of money for playing those games. Third, the goal is to add WSU/OSU to the MWC (or reverse merge the MWC into the PAC). Shivving these schools when they are down would be a great way to prevent that from happening. And it also doesn't benefit the conference to weaken two schools that are likely to eventually join the conference. So I definitely think it was the correct decision, and it appears that a majority of MWC coaches/AD's/presidents agree with me.
Gloria has to do what the MWC presidents tell her. She doesn't have unilateral control.

What's your source on the MWC getting a "ton of money"?

If Oregon State and Washington State felt that the MWC was their future they would've joined already.

Aggie84025

Post by Aggie84025 » March 29th, 2024, 12:40 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 12:37 pm
StanfordAggie wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Aggieforlife wrote:

Gloria has to do what the MWC presidents tell her. She doesn't have unilateral control.

If Oregon State and Washington State felt that the MWC was their future they would've joined already.
Each school is getting $1 million to play them this year which is actually solid. It makes no sense to black ball OSU/WSU. Gloria and the university president's did a good job IMO of navigating the process with the PAC2.

AggieFBObsession

Post by AggieFBObsession » March 29th, 2024, 1:08 pm

Aggie84025 wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 12:40 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
StanfordAggie wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Aggieforlife wrote:

Each school is getting $1 million to play them this year which is actually solid. It makes no sense to black ball OSU/WSU. Gloria and the university president's did a good job IMO of navigating the process with the PAC2.
Source please

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » March 29th, 2024, 1:10 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 1:08 pm
Aggie84025 wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 12:40 pm
AggieFBObsession wrote:
StanfordAggie wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Aggieforlife wrote:

Source please
https://www.espn.com/college-football/s ... n-west-faq
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
Aggie84025

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

garyismyhomeboy

Post by garyismyhomeboy » March 29th, 2024, 1:29 pm

Diana knows what she is doing. I only know this because our ad office say they are uncomfortable with the changes.

Bing that’s all I need to hear.

She’s doing it.
These users thanked the author garyismyhomeboy for the post:
Aggie84025

BasketballAgg

Post by BasketballAgg » March 29th, 2024, 2:08 pm

Ghosts the talk show. This AD is Busch League.

SLB

Post by SLB » March 29th, 2024, 2:49 pm

My confidence is now 0 in results.

JonnyCienPesos

Post by JonnyCienPesos » March 29th, 2024, 2:52 pm

So it sounds like you guys don’t like the hire?

These users thanked the author JonnyCienPesos for the post:
Aggiefan33

I'm actually really smart, probably smarter than you are so if you disagree with what I have stated in this post, you are likely wrong (and dumb).

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » March 29th, 2024, 2:52 pm

This needs to be repeated for the chicken little types...

Post by JonnyCienPesos » Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:46 pm

These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post (total 7):
Aggiefan33bluegrousetetonaggieImportAggieStanfordAggienewtonianblueReal Life Aggie

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

dogie

Post by dogie » March 29th, 2024, 9:04 pm

LarryTheAggie wrote:
AggieFBObsession wrote:
Aggieforlife wrote:

She is working on another high profile 2-for-1. I don’t know if this next one will happen, but let’s say that it’s a team that I would have expected to never play in Logan.

SpectrumMagic

Post by SpectrumMagic » March 29th, 2024, 9:05 pm

The Ohio State University?
These users thanked the author SpectrumMagic for the post (total 2):
Aggie formerly in Hawaiiosuaggie

BigCountryAG

Post by BigCountryAG » March 29th, 2024, 9:09 pm

JonnyCienPesos wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 2:52 pm
So it sounds like you guys don’t like the hire?

I like it dude has a good vibe and has been around some good coaches. Let’s goooo!

dogie

Post by dogie » March 29th, 2024, 9:11 pm

SpectrumMagic wrote:
March 29th, 2024, 9:05 pm
The Ohio State University?
No. I’ll leave it at that in terms of additional detail, except that I’ll also say that there are surely dozens of people who have as much or more information than I do about this possible series.

I haven’t heard more about this since about a month ago.

I tend to think this other 2-for-1 won’t happen (just my speculation), but it’s much a much higher profile than the Wake Forest series a while back.

Sl7vk

Post by Sl7vk » March 29th, 2024, 9:58 pm

This thread is aging really badly.
These users thanked the author Sl7vk for the post (total 2):
Aggie84025AV8AG

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic