It is worse elsewhere ...

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
SectionBAggie

It is worse elsewhere ...

Post by SectionBAggie » December 25th, 2010, 8:47 pm

It bugs me to see how much people seem to invest energy in complaining here about things that they can't do much to change and they shouldn't "expect" much different based on the situation.

But I've committed to be less bothered since I'd much rather have people questioning the current state of things at USU than have the meltdown that is at the "U" tonight. Mind you, this is the THIRD time they have gone through a "this coach just isn't going to be the one" cycle (Majerus' last years there were terrible for fan support) since Stew hired on.

Much better than have disgruntled fans complain about too many wins than to be paying two coaches a salary while plotting on how to get rid of the current one. How quickly things turn. Two years ago they were a #5 seed with wins over Gonzaga, LSU, Cal, etc.

USUinventedswagger
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: It is worse elsewhere ...

Post by USUinventedswagger » December 28th, 2010, 11:26 am

Majerus wasn't "the one?"

Damn. 4 Sweet Sixteens, 2 elite 8's, a trip to the championship says otherwise. I don't like Utah, but I give credit where credit is due. Majerus did a great job at Utah.

Also the final year of Majerus, he was 15-5 when he was finished, and the team finished with 24 wins and the MWC Championship. He is one of the best coaches in state of Utah basketball history at any level.

The limitation of tyrants is the endurance of those they oppose. – Frederick Douglass

gadog98

Re: It is worse elsewhere ...

Post by gadog98 » December 28th, 2010, 11:43 am

USUinventedswagger wrote:Majerus wasn't "the one?"

Damn. 4 Sweet Sixteens, 2 elite 8's, a trip to the championship says otherwise. I don't like Utah, but I give credit where credit is due. Majerus did a great job at Utah.

Also the final year of Majerus, he was 15-5 when he was finished, and the team finished with 24 wins and the MWC Championship. He is one of the best coaches in state of Utah basketball history at any level.
I didn't see any mention of Majerus not being a good coach. All I read was that the U hasn't had a lot of fan support in the past several years.

Locked Previous topicNext topic