Sky View just laid an egg

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
darthspectrum
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by darthspectrum » February 27th, 2012, 5:45 pm

Moore and Oliverson didn't look too impressive in the state tournament. Sky loses 38-31 in opening round.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Re: Sky View just laid an egg

Post by ProvoAggie » February 27th, 2012, 6:50 pm

Did you just watch online or are you there? I came up to watch Timpview. My dad said that he definitely wasn't impressed with Moore or anyone on Sky View fur that matter.

Sent from my Nexus One using Tapatalk

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » February 27th, 2012, 7:43 pm

haha not Impressed with Moore??! but Tony tweeted he would've been the 2nd best player on USU this year...

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » February 27th, 2012, 8:37 pm

Moore had a bad game, Tony is just impressed with his game for a 6'8 Junior. His upside is huge.

sockpuppet

Post by sockpuppet » February 27th, 2012, 8:58 pm

Not showing up for a first round game? They'll fit right in at USU...

smfdaggie

Post by smfdaggie » February 27th, 2012, 9:40 pm

For those of you that have only watched Jalen one time, don't be to quick to give up on him. Over the years I have seen him play many times, and he will be a very good D1 player and give us something at the 2 spot that we haven't ever had. Today he was REALLY off his game. I am very excited to have him as an AGGIE.

cval

Post by cval » February 28th, 2012, 7:48 am

Just an observation... If a team with that kind of talent can only score 31 points in a game, there is something lacking in their offensive plan. Their offense has been slow, methodical, and overly structured all year, and scoring has been a problem all year. With the talent on this years Sky View team they should have been unbeatable. This was a much more talented team than last years, with roughly the same outcome (arguably a worse outcome).

I wonder if Coach Hilliard will be given a pass. Coach Andersen wasn't last year, with a good, but less talented team. Gotta wonder what the Sky View administration is thinking right now.

smfdaggie

Post by smfdaggie » February 28th, 2012, 8:07 am

I think that last years SV team was better than this years. Grayson Moore was much better than any of the guards and with Nielsen, Corbell and Jensen inside, they had a much tougher inside game than this years team. I do agree the offense seemed to be in slow motion and the games I saw they didn't do a very good job of using Moore. Yesterdays game was horrible to watch, no flow at all. As for Hilliard getting a pass, Anderson was let go because of how he treated the kids. Hilliard isn't in the same boat.

newhouse9

Post by newhouse9 » February 28th, 2012, 8:58 am

Sounds like all the coaches believe the Maverik Center to be a difficult place for shooters. The scores all seem to be deflated, and it is the playoffs, where more of that tends to happen. But I haven't seen SV play at all this year. A 6'-7" or 6'-8" wing, at the high school level...sounds like he'll grow into a great player for us, or at least has the potential to.

AggieFirefighter

Post by AggieFirefighter » February 28th, 2012, 9:06 am

I know the Moores. Great kids- Jalen is the type of guy who is capable of stepping up and taking leadership of a team, He's strong and handles pressure well. He will make an excellent Aggie! Too bad for SV but Im excited to see what Jalen can do in Blue and White!

"Primum Non Nocere" - "First, Do No Harm"

USUBlue
13=13

Post by USUBlue » February 28th, 2012, 9:20 am

darthspectrum wrote:Moore and Oliverson didn't look too impressive in the state tournament. Sky loses 38-31 in opening round.
I saw the game -- Moore will be just fine as an Aggie. And Oliverson is a good player. The problem with Sky View is that they got out coached. Their offensive schemes were poor; I've never been a fan of the 3 man weave up at the guard line, unless you have guys that can get into the lane and really break down a defense. Skyline was quicker and Sky View couldn't get into the lane. Ugly

Locked Previous topicNext topic