New Director of Event Operations and Facilities

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
BigBlueDart
2017 FB Predict The Score Champion
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 53 times

New Director of Event Operations and Facilities

Post by BigBlueDart » July 13th, 2018, 3:49 pm

http://www.utahstateaggies.com/genrel/071218aaa.html

DJ Eckman just got this new position. I'm just curious about what this might mean. Is he in charge of gameday activities, etc.? Does anyone know him, either personally or by reputation? Could this be a good move to boost excitement at our games, or will it just be more of the same?

GameFAQSAggie
Has liked: 0
Been liked: 36 times

Re: New Director of Event Operations and Facilities

Post by GameFAQSAggie » July 13th, 2018, 4:27 pm

He has been the assistant of that for awhile and was just promoted to head. He also helped with equipment as a student assistant.

cdaAg
Has liked: 21 times
Been liked: 9 times

Post by cdaAg » July 15th, 2018, 9:35 pm

I believe his role is one of facility management primarily, with DJ's role being specifically with athletics facilities. I don't believe he'll be involved with activities in the gameday fun sense. He's been with the staff as GFA indicated, and I believe this was a created position. I've heard he's a valued guy which was the reason behind the position. I think things have improved with facilities management during the past decade or so, and that's helped the gameday experience. If he could have some time carved out for activities, that would be great.

GameFAQSAggie
Been liked: 36 times

Post by GameFAQSAggie » July 15th, 2018, 10:26 pm

cdaAg wrote:
July 15th, 2018, 9:35 pm
I believe his role is one of facility management primarily, with DJ's role being specifically with athletics facilities. I don't believe he'll be involved with activities in the gameday fun sense. He's been with the staff as GFA indicated, and I believe this was a created position. I've heard he's a valued guy which was the reason behind the position. I think things have improved with facilities management during the past decade or so, and that's helped the gameday experience. If he could have some time carved out for activities, that would be great.
Yeah, part of his job is giving all the ushers the instructions on what to do, and making sure the game officials are protected on game days. This isn't just at football and basketball, but the job also includes making sure people don't want to hurt soccer or volleyball refs or softball umpires. And making sure all the fields and courts are playable and safe.

Before the position was created to focus on that, the Assistant AD with the title of Internal affairs took care of that.

Ahbye
Has liked: 7 times
Been liked: 62 times

Post by Ahbye » July 16th, 2018, 12:10 am

There wasn't a position created. Reed Capener, the former director, went over to the main university for a similar position, and DJ, who was his assistant stepped into the job Reed vacated. Both are outstanding individuals, and DJ will do a good job. To answer a question about whether DJ will make things more "fun", he runs event operations, which is more logistics and making sure things run smoothly.

AggieFella
Been liked: 5 times

Post by AggieFella » July 31st, 2018, 10:56 am

BigBlueDart wrote:
July 13th, 2018, 3:49 pm

DJ Eckman just got this new position. I'm just curious about what this might mean. Is he in charge of gameday activities, etc.? Does anyone know him, either personally or by reputation? Could this be a good move to boost excitement at our games, or will it just be more of the same?
What would you like to see to "boost excitement" at our home games??

aggies22
2018 Kick-off Pick'em Champion
Has liked: 788 times
Been liked: 416 times

Post by aggies22 » July 31st, 2018, 12:33 pm

AggieFella wrote:
July 31st, 2018, 10:56 am
BigBlueDart wrote:

Winning is always nice.

TheAKAggie
Has liked: 30 times
Been liked: 67 times

Post by TheAKAggie » August 1st, 2018, 6:58 pm

AggieFella wrote:
BigBlueDart wrote:

Less moose knuckle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

BigBlueDart
2017 FB Predict The Score Champion
Has liked: 18 times
Been liked: 53 times

Post by BigBlueDart » August 1st, 2018, 10:20 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
August 1st, 2018, 6:58 pm
AggieFella wrote:
BigBlueDart wrote:

Less moose knuckle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
More bulge?

Locked Previous topicNext topic