Air Force loses track title because coaches forgot to do paperwork

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Air Force loses track title because coaches forgot to do paperwork

Post by QuackAttackAggie » March 2nd, 2019, 8:40 am

USUMAE

Re: Air Force loses track title because coaches forgot to do paperwork

Post by USUMAE » March 3rd, 2019, 12:15 am

I would've thought that AFA, of all our conference-mates, would have covered their bases.

I thought letting the athletes run basically unattached was a reasonable thing to do. I wouldn't have allowed them to displace though. (Say an AFA runner wins a race- his ten points simply didn't exist and the second place still got 8. I would've given second ten, third 8, etc.)

They missed out on 54 points; that would've given them a score of 190 - 39 points above CSU. That's impressive.

I wonder if anyone on CSU's team feels like this was a hollow victory.

One last final comment: Aggie men got third and Aggie women got sixth. Our indoor season was especially short; we just had two meets. I suspect that we'll see them be more competitive during outdoor.

GameFAQSAggie

Post by GameFAQSAggie » March 3rd, 2019, 12:18 am

The way they take everything seriously in the Air Force, you would think they are the last team you would expect to forget to do paperwork.

tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG

Post by tipitup » March 4th, 2019, 9:45 am

USUMAE wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 12:15 am
I would've thought that AFA, of all our conference-mates, would have covered their bases.

I thought letting the athletes run basically unattached was a reasonable thing to do. I wouldn't have allowed them to displace though. (Say an AFA runner wins a race- his ten points simply didn't exist and the second place still got 8. I would've given second ten, third 8, etc.)

They missed out on 54 points; that would've given them a score of 190 - 39 points above CSU. That's impressive.

One last final comment: Aggie men got third and Aggie women got sixth. Our indoor season was especially short; we just had two meets. I suspect that we'll see them be more competitive during outdoor.

I'm not sure what you mean by we just had two meets? They were gone every week competing somewhere.

USUMAE

Post by USUMAE » March 4th, 2019, 5:29 pm

tipitup wrote:
March 4th, 2019, 9:45 am
USUMAE wrote:
March 3rd, 2019, 12:15 am

I'm not sure what you mean by we just had two meets? They were gone every week competing somewhere.
I saw an incorrect schedule when I said that. I did think it was kind of strange to have a meet at BSU and the MWC champs. I was wrong; thank you for catching my error.

Locked Previous topicNext topic