New Gameday Shirt

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12649
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 646 times
Contact:

New Gameday Shirt

Post by ProvoAggie » April 24th, 2019, 1:07 pm

Image
Image



User avatar
Jjoey53
Posts: 1654
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by Jjoey53 » April 24th, 2019, 1:32 pm

Those are nice.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



User avatar
breadysmith
Posts: 798
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 9:35 am
Location: Lindon, UT
Has thanked: 7 times
Been thanked: 29 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by breadysmith » April 24th, 2019, 2:12 pm

Went retro with the front logo...had several articles of clothing with that USU logo on it during my childhood.


"I'm much more comfortable criticizing people behind their backs." George Costanza

YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2604
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 398 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by YoungBloodAggie » April 24th, 2019, 2:17 pm

These are crap. Sorry.
These users thanked the author YoungBloodAggie for the post:
oleblu111


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 635
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 421 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by thegreendalegelf » April 24th, 2019, 4:10 pm

I like the variation. I like some of the retro logos more but I like it.

I like this one more than some in the past years but it's not my favorite. Work the 5-8 bucks that they will charge for it. Not much more.



YoungBloodAggie
Posts: 2604
Joined: October 1st, 2013, 9:11 am
Has thanked: 83 times
Been thanked: 398 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by YoungBloodAggie » April 24th, 2019, 4:12 pm

This is the kind of shirt that Russell Athletic would think sucks. People wouldn't sell this thing at a flea market.


Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 8615
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 426 times
Been thanked: 249 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by ViAggie » April 24th, 2019, 4:45 pm

Wish we could have incorporated the Demon Bull for Nightrider!


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

User avatar
GeoAg
Moderator
Posts: 7160
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:09 am
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by GeoAg » April 24th, 2019, 4:55 pm

I like it


"I don't think you become resilient right in the middle of the season when adversity hits. You learn how to face adversity in the offseason in football. That's when we win games around Utah State." -Coach Matt Wells #ArmsAround

User avatar
Jjoey53
Posts: 1654
Joined: January 9th, 2018, 4:28 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 145 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by Jjoey53 » April 24th, 2019, 6:28 pm

YoungBloodAggie wrote:This is the kind of shirt that Russell Athletic would think sucks. People wouldn't sell this thing at a flea market.

Don’t hold back, let us know how you really feel.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author Jjoey53 for the post:
FistBump



User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12649
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 646 times
Contact:

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by ProvoAggie » April 24th, 2019, 7:20 pm

I like it except for the years being on it. I'll probably still get it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk




donlarson8
Posts: 1643
Joined: December 7th, 2013, 6:04 pm
Location: Scottsdale, Arizona
Has thanked: 662 times
Been thanked: 23 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by donlarson8 » April 24th, 2019, 8:04 pm

Love the front with the throwback logo. The back is kinda cheesy. I’ll definitely be buying one though!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk



User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2698
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by GUS » April 24th, 2019, 8:53 pm

donlarson8 wrote:
April 24th, 2019, 8:04 pm
Love the front with the throwback logo. The back is kinda cheesy. I’ll definitely be buying one though!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I agree with Mr. Larson.



User avatar
aggieguy13
Posts: 905
Joined: December 1st, 2010, 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 164 times
Been thanked: 93 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by aggieguy13 » April 24th, 2019, 10:43 pm

I love the throwback, but I think it's kind of weird that they used a more modern font for the "Aggies" directly below it. That was probably unnecessary. The back is pretty meh, it's fine for a gameday shirt. As long as it's not plastered with glitter like last year's shirt, I'm sure I'll be buying at least three or four to outfit the whole family.



User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4319
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by aceofspadeskb » April 25th, 2019, 1:25 pm

Shouldn't Gameday shirts say "Gameday" on them somewhere? I don't like it for that reason. Back when the gameday shirt tradition was started it made it immediately obvious on campus when there was a game. We need to get back to that.
These users thanked the author aceofspadeskb for the post:
GarciaValdez



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5890
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Contact:

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by TheAKAggie » April 25th, 2019, 1:34 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:Shouldn't Gameday shirts say "Gameday" on them somewhere? I don't like it for that reason. Back when the gameday shirt tradition was started it made it immediately obvious on campus when there was a game. We need to get back to that.
Do Utah State Football Uniforms say uniform on them?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post (total 2):
tipitupFistBump


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
aceofspadeskb
Posts: 4319
Joined: September 10th, 2012, 12:50 pm
Has thanked: 171 times
Been thanked: 150 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by aceofspadeskb » April 25th, 2019, 1:54 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
April 25th, 2019, 1:34 pm
aceofspadeskb wrote:Shouldn't Gameday shirts say "Gameday" on them somewhere? I don't like it for that reason. Back when the gameday shirt tradition was started it made it immediately obvious on campus when there was a game. We need to get back to that.
Do Utah State Football Uniforms say uniform on them?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Does your forehead say (I can't express myself without swearing) on it? :joking: :cheers:



User avatar
thegreendalegelf
Posts: 635
Joined: August 18th, 2017, 3:26 pm
Has thanked: 421 times
Been thanked: 132 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by thegreendalegelf » April 25th, 2019, 2:15 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:
April 25th, 2019, 1:25 pm
Shouldn't Gameday shirts say "Gameday" on them somewhere? I don't like it for that reason. Back when the gameday shirt tradition was started it made it immediately obvious on campus when there was a game. We need to get back to that.
How about a blue shirt that says "There is a game today. Please attend it." in white text. That good?



User avatar
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score
Posts: 8094
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 294 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by BigBlueDart » April 25th, 2019, 3:56 pm




User avatar
aggieblue11
Posts: 260
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:37 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by aggieblue11 » April 27th, 2019, 12:22 am

Does anyone have context on why this throwback logo was chosen? I just keep asking why do this????? We have a perfectly good current logo, especially when the old logo isn't that special (granted this one is better than others we've had IMHO).



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5890
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 199 times
Been thanked: 308 times
Contact:

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by TheAKAggie » April 27th, 2019, 9:59 am

The last time we used this logo was the last time we beat ByU at home with easter being 4 weeks after the Spring equinox.
These users thanked the author TheAKAggie for the post (total 2):
donlarson8FistBump


Hail Aggies!

User avatar
GUS
Posts: 2698
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:04 am
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 152 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by GUS » April 27th, 2019, 4:59 pm

I like that logo. It was on USU's helmets when I started attending school.



coolag
Posts: 1149
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 10:10 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 34 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by coolag » April 27th, 2019, 7:49 pm

The Old logo on the front is fine. The Aggies below it is lame and the goofy byuish quote on the back ruins the whole thing. 2/10



User avatar
Mr. Sneelock
Posts: 4082
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:09 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 185 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by Mr. Sneelock » May 2nd, 2019, 7:30 am

Um Yeah......... These pretty much suck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

These users thanked the author Mr. Sneelock for the post:
brownjeans


Formerly TulsAGGIE

User avatar
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score
Posts: 8094
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 294 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by BigBlueDart » May 2nd, 2019, 8:54 am

There have been a few gameday shirts over the years that weren't exactly thrilling, but it always astounds me how much some folks hate on them. I don't think there has been a single gameday shirt that didn't get absolutely bashed on by a significant number of people (despite a significant number of other people that loved them) since the first Nike logo shirt. That one, at least, seemed to be pretty universally loved.

This one, I'm not 100% sold on the slogan on the back, but it's just not bothering me as much as some of you. Overall, I like the shirt.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16459
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 765 times
Been thanked: 690 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by NVAggie » May 2nd, 2019, 9:01 am

I'm in, I always buy them.



User avatar
Mr. Sneelock
Posts: 4082
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:09 am
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah
Has thanked: 16 times
Been thanked: 185 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by Mr. Sneelock » May 2nd, 2019, 9:19 am

It just seems like they try to make them just weird/crappy enough that they won't take away from the legit apparel sales. It is basically a t-shirt nobody would ever actually buy unless it was only $5.

What's wrong with just a basic blue shirt with the U-State logo? Why do we need stupid slogans on the back?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk



Formerly TulsAGGIE

User avatar
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score
Posts: 8094
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has thanked: 77 times
Been thanked: 294 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by BigBlueDart » May 2nd, 2019, 10:45 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
May 2nd, 2019, 9:19 am
It just seems like they try to make them just weird/crappy enough that they won't take away from the legit apparel sales. It is basically a t-shirt nobody would ever actually buy unless it was only $5.

What's wrong with just a basic blue shirt with the U-State logo? Why do we need stupid slogans on the back?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
I'd say it looks more like they are designed by whoever gets voted as the Athletics VP of the student body council.

Problem with just a blue shirt with the U-state logo for a gameday shirt is that it wouldn't be unique year to year. Of course they're going to try to come up with something new each year. In fact, one thing in particular that I like about this shirt is that it has the year (2019-2020) on it. That hasn't always been the case with gameday shirts, and I think it should always be on there.



NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.
Posts: 16459
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:09 am
Location: Where the sagebrush grows!
Has thanked: 765 times
Been thanked: 690 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by NVAggie » May 2nd, 2019, 1:30 pm

I think these are $6 or $7, so there are a lot of nobodys willing to buy.



tipitup
Pick'em Champ - '18 WTHCG
Posts: 452
Joined: December 17th, 2013, 8:17 am
Has thanked: 13 times
Been thanked: 33 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by tipitup » May 3rd, 2019, 9:40 am

i'm a nobody!!!!



troutputz
Posts: 2232
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 12:36 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 109 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by troutputz » May 25th, 2019, 4:10 am

I personally liked the “Show us your A” and “Bust your A to win”. I got more comments down here in St. Greed than any other shirt. Probably because the parochial culture down here was offended by bust your A, or show us your A. Your swearing and using the term A for arse they would say!



troutputz
Posts: 2232
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 12:36 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 109 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by troutputz » May 25th, 2019, 4:37 am

We really are very mild in our shirts. A few years ago I saw a bunch of LSU fans wearing a shirt that said, F - - - you Crimson Tide! Can you imagine how much apologizing we would have to do if we had some t shirt that bashed BYU!
I still have my Screw the Y t shirt from 1985. Every year when I wear it the local- Yocals ask me if I am LDS and I say yes, their jaw drops, then they ask, how can you wear a shirt like that then? I say quite easily really!

Just a quick question, why is it that so many Idaho people from the Idaho Falls area, and surrounding towns like Shelley, Firth, Pengree, Blackfoot, etc., etc,.are BYU fans? We have 3 families in our LDS ward here that are so BYU and just can’t understand how I can be an avid Aggie fan ? They finally are getting the message after 20 years, can you believe I’ve been here 20 years! I wear my 3 different Aggie neck ties to Church, along with my Angel Moroni tie pin. When they see the tie pin, they always ask, why is that on a Aggie tie? I just seriously look them in the eye and say, don’t you know Moroni was an Aggie! Also over my garage I have a sign my daughter got me from Scheels a few Christmas’s ago that reads, Utah State Aggie Blvd. plus, I proudly display the Aggie A flag on game day!

If I go to Hell I am afraid I will be surrounded by BYU nerdly fans and that really will be my hell.! Conversely, if I make it to the top of Heaven I still will be surrounded by BYU nerdly type fans. I can’t win!
These users thanked the author troutputz for the post (total 2):
GUSFistBump



User avatar
GeorgiaAggie
Posts: 829
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 6:29 pm
Location: Carrollton, GA
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 70 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by GeorgiaAggie » May 25th, 2019, 6:22 am

troutputz wrote:
May 25th, 2019, 4:37 am
We really are very mild in our shirts. A few years ago I saw a bunch of LSU fans wearing a shirt that said, F - - - you Crimson Tide! Can you imagine how much apologizing we would have to do if we had some t shirt that bashed BYU!
I still have my Screw the Y t shirt from 1985. Every year when I wear it the local- Yocals ask me if I am LDS and I say yes, their jaw drops, then they ask, how can you wear a shirt like that then? I say quite easily really!

Just a quick question, why is it that so many Idaho people from the Idaho Falls area, and surrounding towns like Shelley, Firth, Pengree, Blackfoot, etc., etc,.are BYU fans? We have 3 families in our LDS ward here that are so BYU and just can’t understand how I can be an avid Aggie fan ? They finally are getting the message after 20 years, can you believe I’ve been here 20 years! I wear my 3 different Aggie neck ties to Church, along with my Angel Moroni tie pin. When they see the tie pin, they always ask, why is that on a Aggie tie? I just seriously look them in the eye and say, don’t you know Moroni was an Aggie! Also over my garage I have a sign my daughter got me from Scheels a few Christmas’s ago that reads, Utah State Aggie Blvd. plus, I proudly display the Aggie A flag on game day!

If I go to Hell I am afraid I will be surrounded by BYU nerdly fans and that really will be my hell.! Conversely, if I make it to the top of Heaven I still will be surrounded by BYU nerdly type fans. I can’t win!
:golfclap:



LKGates
Posts: 3287
Joined: December 13th, 2010, 10:07 pm
Location: Salem, Oregon
Has thanked: 154 times
Been thanked: 227 times
Contact:

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by LKGates » May 25th, 2019, 1:59 pm

I would like to see a gameday shirt with the "Fighting Farmers" logo. Now THAT'S a throwback.
These users thanked the author LKGates for the post (total 2):
donlarson8FistBump


Feel free to follow me on Twitter: @AggieLarry

User avatar
ProvoAggie
Site Admin
Posts: 12649
Joined: June 14th, 2010, 1:00 am
Location: Provo, Utah
Has thanked: 564 times
Been thanked: 646 times
Contact:

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by ProvoAggie » May 25th, 2019, 2:40 pm

LKGates wrote:
May 25th, 2019, 1:59 pm
I would like to see a gameday shirt with the "Fighting Farmers" logo. Now THAT'S a throwback.
Unfortunately I don't know if USU has rights to that logo. It was never an official University logo. It was designed by Angelus Pacific



2AG4U
Posts: 7
Joined: August 23rd, 2012, 10:34 pm
Has thanked: 5 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: New Gameday Shirt

Post by 2AG4U » May 25th, 2019, 6:58 pm

Image
These users thanked the author 2AG4U for the post (total 2):
BeHURDFistBump



Locked Previous topicNext topic