A sold out HS FB game (not a play-off game)

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
ViAggie

A sold out HS FB game (not a play-off game)

Post by ViAggie » November 1st, 2019, 10:36 am

Huge rivalry between these two Coastal-Central California HS's 109 year history and the game is sold out. And these two teams aren't even playing for a league title, which has already been decided, they are playing for a #2 spot. When was the last time you heard of a sell-out of a HS game? On a side note, unfortunately the game is also threatened by a wild fire:

https://www.vcstar.com/story/sports/hig ... 103421002/

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Re: A sold out HS FB game (not a play-off game)

Post by sam tingey » November 1st, 2019, 11:12 am

every friday in texas and they have 10000 seat stadiums
These users thanked the author sam tingey for the post:
ViAggie

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » November 1st, 2019, 5:15 pm

sam tingey wrote:
November 1st, 2019, 11:12 am
every friday in texas and they have 10000 seat stadiums
Okay, west of Texas :lol:

I've actually been to a sold out 10K fans in attendance HS here in Ca... but it was a CIF Bowl game.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » November 1st, 2019, 5:23 pm

Farmington up on Bonneville 21-0 in the 2nd.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » November 1st, 2019, 5:30 pm

Alta and Bingham used to sell out.. They had to move it to Rice Eccles for a few years so that they wouldn't have to turn people away.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » November 1st, 2019, 6:06 pm

Logan down at halftime, 0-13 to #1 rated Park City

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » November 1st, 2019, 8:02 pm

Don Bosco versus Mater Dei last weekend had tickets going for $150 on Craigslist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

troutputz
RIP

Post by troutputz » November 1st, 2019, 9:41 pm

In the 80's Sky View and Logan would play at the old Romney and have close to a sell out. They did have a sell out , I think it was 1985 or 1986 when Sky View played Mountain Crest for the State title in 3 A at the time. Mountain Crest won something like 7 to 6 I believe. It was a very boring game. I was going back to school then, and lived West of the Stadium in West Stadium Villa as it was called then! Jay Vanoy built those. We called them the 'Lambing Shed's' as nearly everyone that lived there had between 4 and 6 kids. I first lived there in Jan. of 1985 and moved when I graduated in 1989. My rent for those 3 bedrooms was $220.00 a month for the whole time I lived there. They actually were quite spacious and served us well for the 4 years we lived there. When we moved in 1985 we had 4 kids, 2 boy's and 2 girls. That May we had another boy,( my son who graduated from USU with honors in computer-electrical-engineering who just bought and built a nice home at Juniper ridge Hyde Park). Then 2 years later we had our last child there in 1987 a girl. 3 boy's and 3 girls. The friends we made there while living there have been life long friends. There were a few Iranian families that lived there and their Ramadan month of fasting and eating after midnight brought out some interesting smells during that time. The LDS Stake house to the north used to be our garden plot that USU provided us while we lived at West Stadium Villa. Our Bishop was a wonderful man and really cared about everyone! Wayne White, his son Kevin was an Aggie player at QB. Those days we were so bad at football......students wore paper bags over their heads at games. I hope we never see those days again.
These users thanked the author troutputz for the post (total 2):
crazywookieViAggie

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » November 2nd, 2019, 9:28 am

troutputz wrote:
November 1st, 2019, 9:41 pm
In the 80's Sky View and Logan would play at the old Romney and have close to a sell out. They did have a sell out , I think it was 1985 or 1986 when Sky View played Mountain Crest for the State title in 3 A at the time. Mountain Crest won something like 7 to 6 I believe. It was a very boring game. I was going back to school then, and lived West of the Stadium in West Stadium Villa as it was called then! Jay Vanoy built those. We called them the 'Lambing Shed's' as nearly everyone that lived there had between 4 and 6 kids. I first lived there in Jan. of 1985 and moved when I graduated in 1989. My rent for those 3 bedrooms was $220.00 a month for the whole time I lived there. They actually were quite spacious and served us well for the 4 years we lived there. When we moved in 1985 we had 4 kids, 2 boy's and 2 girls. That May we had another boy,( my son who graduated from USU with honors in computer-electrical-engineering who just bought and built a nice home at Juniper ridge Hyde Park). Then 2 years later we had our last child there in 1987 a girl. 3 boy's and 3 girls. The friends we made there while living there have been life long friends. There were a few Iranian families that lived there and their Ramadan month of fasting and eating after midnight brought out some interesting smells during that time. The LDS Stake house to the north used to be our garden plot that USU provided us while we lived at West Stadium Villa. Our Bishop was a wonderful man and really cared about everyone! Wayne White, his son Kevin was an Aggie player at QB. Those days we were so bad at football......students wore paper bags over their heads at games. I hope we never see those days again.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » November 4th, 2019, 10:48 am

I went to a HS football game in Houston two weekends ago that must have had 15,000 people in attendance.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Locked Previous topicNext topic