Utah State commit pulls off "The Biles"

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
travelingagg

Utah State commit pulls off "The Biles"

Post by travelingagg » April 21st, 2021, 8:52 am

These users thanked the author travelingagg for the post (total 6):
3rdGenAggieslcaggAGinNEIowaUSU78aggies22thegreendalegelf

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Re: Utah State commit pulls off "The Biles"

Post by NVAggie » April 21st, 2021, 8:59 am

I saw that a little while ago. It is really awesome to see that USU logo on the news program. She seems like a really awesome person. I also think she could beat me up.

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » April 21st, 2021, 9:01 am

F'awesome!

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

BiocatAg

Post by BiocatAg » April 21st, 2021, 9:09 am

Wow! This could be a big get right out of 'Bama's back yard. Alabama is historically a top 5 program in the country.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » April 21st, 2021, 10:39 am

These girls are athletes. I am completely ignorant as to how a gymnastics program recruits. Do they look for strong all-around (floor, beam, bars, & vault) athletes? Or ones that specialize in one or two? I don't know how you build a program. I can't imagine how USU lands a gymnast that has successfully completed a floor stunt (or whatever you call it) that maybe a half-dozen people, if that, in the world have completed in competition - and she lives 1,800 miles away. Is there some sort of connection she has with USU? I hope she does well at USU and has a great experience there. She seems like a great teammate and someone easy to root for.

Eutaw St. Aggie

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » April 21st, 2021, 12:34 pm

Back in the day I dated a girl who went to college on a gymnastics scholarship. She had to put together a recruiting tape of herself (VHS) and send it out to schools. One or two schools knew about her from other athletes who had trained at her gym. Basically they looked at the tape and if they thought there was something there they would reach out.

I assume it is easier to look at the athletes now :)

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » April 21st, 2021, 12:52 pm

pilotaggie wrote:
April 21st, 2021, 12:34 pm
Back in the day I dated a girl who went to college on a gymnastics scholarship. She had to put together a recruiting tape of herself (VHS) and send it out to schools. One or two schools knew about her from other athletes who had trained at her gym. Basically they looked at the tape and if they thought there was something there they would reach out.

So you're saying your girlfriend was not easy to look at?

Eutaw St. Aggie

flying_scotsman2.0

Post by flying_scotsman2.0 » April 21st, 2021, 1:00 pm

Yossarian wrote:
April 21st, 2021, 12:52 pm
pilotaggie wrote:
April 21st, 2021, 12:34 pm

So you're saying your girlfriend was not easy to look at?
Knowing pilotaggie as well as I do, he’s not much to look at himself.

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » April 21st, 2021, 5:46 pm

I definitely was punching above my weight with that girl. She figured it out and I got a nice dear john letter a couple years later.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » April 27th, 2021, 4:02 pm

People outside of Utah get USU and U of U mixed up so much, I wouldn’t be surprised if she is really going to the U. That was my first thought . Then my wife pointed out to me the ustate logo. My tired old eyes didn’t pick it up.
Last edited by mcaggie1 on April 27th, 2021, 4:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » April 27th, 2021, 4:08 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
April 27th, 2021, 4:02 pm
People outside of Utah get USU and U of U mixed up so much, I wouldn’t be surprised if she is really going to the U. That was my first thought . I hope I am wrong.
That could very well be the case. The thing that makes it even more confusing is the blue and grey leotard (or unitard, or gymnastics outfit, or whatever you call it) with the bedazzled U-State logo front and center. Is that something she purchased herself from the wrong place?

Eutaw St. Aggie

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » April 27th, 2021, 5:18 pm

Yossarian wrote:
April 27th, 2021, 4:08 pm
mcaggie1 wrote:
April 27th, 2021, 4:02 pm
People outside of Utah get USU and U of U mixed up so much, I wouldn’t be surprised if she is really going to the U. That was my first thought . I hope I am wrong.
That could very well be the case. The thing that makes it even more confusing is the blue and grey leotard (or unitard, or gymnastics outfit, or whatever you call it) with the bedazzled U-State logo front and center. Is that something she purchased herself from the wrong place?
I just checked our gymnastics recruiting list for 2021-2022. She is listed there. The video had her name as Brie Clark. Her full name is Gabrielle Clark from Mobile , Alabama. Will be fun to watch.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » April 27th, 2021, 5:22 pm

Yossarian wrote:
April 21st, 2021, 10:39 am
These girls are athletes. I am completely ignorant as to how a gymnastics program recruits. Do they look for strong all-around (floor, beam, bars, & vault) athletes? Or ones that specialize in one or two? I don't know how you build a program. I can't imagine how USU lands a gymnast that has successfully completed a floor stunt (or whatever you call it) that maybe a half-dozen people, if that, in the world have completed in competition - and she lives 1,800 miles away. Is there some sort of connection she has with USU? I hope she does well at USU and has a great experience there. She seems like a great teammate and someone easy to root for.
They look for a certain number of all arounders and also some that will specialize on one or two disciplines.

Locked Previous topicNext topic