Who is wearing the coastal Carolina shirt on usu campus

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
slcagg

Who is wearing the coastal Carolina shirt on usu campus

Post by slcagg » May 21st, 2021, 8:04 am

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Re: Who is wearing the coastal Carolina shirt on usu campus

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » May 21st, 2021, 8:47 am

I mean byu would have destroyed USU last year, but we didn't play. Don't know where he got the 45-14 score from.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » May 21st, 2021, 4:38 pm

It is strange that they assume the weirdest explanation rather than the most basic one...that the student in question is from back east and a fan of or even once was a student at Coastal and is wearing the shirt celebrating one of the biggest wins they've had. Instead it is all about Aggie hate.

But that is fine with me. Let the hate sink in boogers.
These users thanked the author GeoAg for the post:
Aggie19

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » May 21st, 2021, 7:45 pm

Those comments are gold 90% of USU students applied at ybu then got turned down! Uh hu, the other 10% got turned down by the U haha lame. I love telling the story of an old room mate I had when I was a student at the U, the guy was failing out at Utah and had a 1.5 GPA. He applies to the Y and they accept him! Yea he had to start out taking classes at the SL campus and was on probation, but for those who think it's hard to get into the "Why" think again. They have 40K students, they are the Liberty U of the Rocky Mountains, they'll take anyone with a pulse and a recommend from the bishop.

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

slcagg

Post by slcagg » May 21st, 2021, 8:00 pm

ViAggie wrote:
May 21st, 2021, 7:45 pm
Those comments are gold 90% of USU students applied at ybu then got turned down! Uh hu, the other 10% got turned down by the U haha lame. I love telling the story of an old room mate I had when I was a student at the U, the guy was failing out at Utah and had a 1.5 GPA. He applies to the Y and they accept him! Yea he had to start out taking classes at the SL campus and was on probation, but for those who think it's hard to get into the "Why" think again. They have 40K students, they are the Liberty U of the Rocky Mountains, they'll take anyone with a pulse and a recommend from the bishop.
For a fan base that claims we are not a rival they sure like to talk about us a lot.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post (total 2):
ViAggieapo

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » May 21st, 2021, 9:12 pm

Their “Ogden” joke is so stupid. I can’t believe they find that funny.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author 2004AG for the post (total 2):
ViAggieapo

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » May 21st, 2021, 11:40 pm

slcagg wrote:
May 21st, 2021, 8:04 am
This is gold. 😁😁

https://www.cougarboard.com/board/messa ... &tab=top10
Alex Wheat??
These users thanked the author aggies22 for the post:
slcagg

Bigd23
Has thanked: 0

Post by Bigd23 » May 31st, 2021, 10:26 pm

That's awesome. Anyone know where I can get a shirt like that?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » June 1st, 2021, 10:00 am

2004AG wrote:
May 21st, 2021, 9:12 pm

The weirdest part of it is that I have never met an Aggie fan that took offense to it, found it demeaning, or are even bothered by it. What makes comedy funny is that we find some truth in it. This is just a case where some poor Coog fan thought he was somehow being clever and threw it out there to see if it would stick and a bunch of Coog clones started pointing and laughing too just to fit in.

All the jokes about MLM/ponzi schemes, or the high rate of prescription pill dependencies, etc.associated with Provo are funny because they are largely based in truth. I used to think BYU fans were only less educated when it came to sports but it seems we can add comedy to the list as well. They should really go back to the ice cream jabs or the cow college references, at least those are somewhat relevant.
These users thanked the author Aglicious for the post (total 2):
3rdGenAggieAggiefan33

slcagg

Post by slcagg » June 1st, 2021, 10:05 am

One of my favorite spoofs BYU super tweeter (sorry can’t remember the account) ever did was the I believe that we will win to we are farmers. I thought it was great.
These users thanked the author slcagg for the post:
3rdGenAggie

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » June 1st, 2021, 10:05 am

I have to think the Ogden stuff stems from the fact that Logan is beautiful and an empirically great place to live, while Ogden is known within Utah as a crappy town....so they think it's insulting to claim USU is in a supposedly crappy town instead of a great one? Not sure why it's funny, but I assume that's their goal.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

thegreendalegelf

Post by thegreendalegelf » June 1st, 2021, 10:06 am

Aglicious wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 10:00 am
2004AG wrote:

The weirdest part of it is that I have never met an Aggie fan that took offense to it, found it demeaning, or are even bothered by it. What makes comedy funny is that we find some truth in it. This is just a case where some poor Coog fan thought he was somehow being clever and threw it out there to see if it would stick and a bunch of Coog clones started pointing and laughing too just to fit in.

All the jokes about MLM/ponzi schemes, or the high rate of prescription pill dependencies, etc.associated with Provo are funny because they are largely based in truth. I used to think BYU fans were only less educated when it came to sports but it seems we can add comedy to the list as well. They should really go back to the ice cream jabs or the cow college references, at least those are somewhat relevant.
I've asked a few BYU fans to explain the joke about it and every one of them gave me a different answer. I've heard "Ogden is the worst place in Utah so USU must be there." I've heard "Logan is the worst place in Utah so it would be better to be in Ogden." Then "No one outside of Utah knows where USU is so they assume its in Ogden because no one knows anything about Logan." And the most popular answer, "What do you mean? USU is in Ogden."

The joke in general has a fascinating way of coming off as both clueless and elitist. I honestly wish I got the joke so I could understand what jab they are making towards us. But it feels similar to the teenagers in the episode of community just just repeat everything back and end with "DUH!"
These users thanked the author thegreendalegelf for the post:
apo

aggieguy13

Post by aggieguy13 » June 1st, 2021, 2:35 pm

It's a bummer that we no-showed that 2019 BYU game, because I enjoyed the "Protect the Farm" mantra that was gaining some momentum leading up to that game. Losing by four touchdowns has a funny way of halting momentum, though.

ootek

Post by ootek » June 1st, 2021, 2:39 pm

thegreendalegelf wrote:
Aglicious wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 10:00 am
2004AG wrote:

I've asked a few BYU fans to explain the joke about it and every one of them gave me a different answer. I've heard "Ogden is the worst place in Utah so USU must be there." I've heard "Logan is the worst place in Utah so it would be better to be in Ogden." Then "No one outside of Utah knows where USU is so they assume its in Ogden because no one knows anything about Logan." And the most popular answer, "What do you mean? USU is in Ogden."

The joke in general has a fascinating way of coming off as both clueless and elitist. I honestly wish I got the joke so I could understand what jab they are making towards us. But it feels similar to the teenagers in the episode of community just just repeat everything back and end with "DUH!"
I LOVE Community, but that episode was painful. I know the teenagers were supposed to be annoying, but instead it was like, bad acting annoying.

Also, I can’t find the tweet anymore, but a great Aggie tweeter a few years ago said something along the lines of “byu fans think it’s funny to pretend like USU is in Ogden. USU fans think it’s funny that byu actually is in provo”

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » June 2nd, 2021, 3:51 pm

aggieguy13 wrote:
June 1st, 2021, 2:35 pm
It's a bummer that we no-showed that 2019 BYU game, because I enjoyed the "Protect the Farm" mantra that was gaining some momentum leading up to that game. Losing by four touchdowns has a funny way of halting momentum, though.
I made letter boards for that game that spelled out "PROTECT THE FARM" with a picture of Old Main lit blue for the 'A' card. I think I still have them, but haven't had the heart to pull them back out. :(
protectthe.jpg
farm.jpg
These users thanked the author BigBlueDart for the post (total 2):
USU78aggieguy13

Imakeitrain

Post by Imakeitrain » June 3rd, 2021, 6:33 am

I didn't even know that Coastal Carolina was the Chanticleers let alone remember what the score of their BYU game was.

If anything Logan and Ogden have far less in common than Ogden and Provo.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » June 3rd, 2021, 2:19 pm

I'm all for mocking byu with a shirt of one of their losses, but I'd rather see Aggie fans wear shirts that show our scores of when we beat them. I'd rather wear a 45-20 or 35-20 shirt.

Locked Previous topicNext topic