Who says no?

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
FeartheFro

Who says no?

Post by FeartheFro » June 19th, 2021, 5:37 pm

Gobert for Jaylen Brown?
Gobert for Sabonis?
Gobert for CJ McCollum?

Assuming you could make the money work (which I know is a big assumption)

My opinion
Celtics
Indiana
Jazz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post:
lynnmoree

Mr. Sneelock

Re: Who says no?

Post by Mr. Sneelock » June 19th, 2021, 7:16 pm

If you think the Pacers wouldn't make that trade in a nanosecond you are crazy. CJ McCollum for Gobert? GTFOH. You are WAY undervaluing Gobert based on a bad playoff matchup.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » June 19th, 2021, 7:22 pm

Jaylen Brown is the only one on that list that even starts to move the needle.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » June 19th, 2021, 8:41 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:If you think the Pacers wouldn't make that trade in a nanosecond you are crazy. CJ McCollum for Gobert? GTFOH. You are WAY undervaluing Gobert based on a bad playoff matchup.
Just generating some conversation. I have a sneaking suspicion that not everyone would share your opinion about a Gobert/Sabonis trade (including Mitchell). With the game becoming so dependent on the 3, Rudy’s dominance is going to lesson. Last night was not a fluke, the Jazz, Rudy and Quinn were exposed. Gobert looked like a fish out of water and as a Jazz fan it was hard to watch. The future is 5 guys that are long, athletic and can shoot the 3. That is not Rudy’s world. I have never seen a better rim protector in my years of watching basketball, unfortunately there are going to be fewer and fewer people going to the rim.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » June 20th, 2021, 8:35 am

What we saw was an entire team problem, not just a Gobert problem. The Jazz are only good at defense because of Gobert. No one can stay in front of their guy. The Clippers took advantage of this by playing give guys who shot 40+ percent from three, pulling Gobert away from the basket, and exposing that the jazz have no one who can stay in front of their man.
This meant Rudy was out of position to help his bad defending teammates and if he moves to help he's moving to a guy with a full head of steam at the rim - who can either finish it kick to the guy Rudy left. Rudy was screwed.
If you trade Gobert without an entire team overhaul, the Jazz will be the worst defense in the league.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » June 20th, 2021, 10:38 am

brownjeans wrote:
June 20th, 2021, 8:35 am
What we saw was an entire team problem, not just a Gobert problem. The Jazz are only good at defense because of Gobert. No one can stay in front of their guy. The Clippers took advantage of this by playing give guys who shot 40+ percent from three, pulling Gobert away from the basket, and exposing that the jazz have no one who can stay in front of their man.
This meant Rudy was out of position to help his bad defending teammates and if he moves to help he's moving to a guy with a full head of steam at the rim - who can either finish it kick to the guy Rudy left. Rudy was screwed.
If you trade Gobert without an entire team overhaul, the Jazz will be the worst defense in the league.
100 percent this. If the Jazz had one or two perimeter defenders who could stay in front of their guy then Gonert wouldn’t have to leave his man in the corner and help and recover. It was either a layup line or let Mann shoot 3s. He made a ton. We have one elite defender, one slightly above average, and everyone else is average to bad. Yet we still had a top 5 defense all year and people want to blame the only guy who made that possible.
These users thanked the author Intermeddler for the post (total 2):
brownjeans3rdGenAggie

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » June 20th, 2021, 12:40 pm

If you think I’m blaming Rudy for The bad defense, you could not be more wrong. Rudy does what he does defensively better than anyone in the entire NBA. Unfortunately this does not include perimeter defense, nor should it with his size. When I say Rudy, Quinn and the Jazz were exposed, I was referring to Rudy NOT being able to do what he does best. This happened because the Clippers were putting 5 guys on the floor that could shoot the 3 and attack the rim. Our perimeter defense was so bad it left Rudy in a bad spot time and time again. I love Rudy and how he plays but to not recognize how our team can be exposed going against 5 shooters/drivers exposes us is being short sighted. If Rudy were able to dominate the shorter player defending him, the Clippers would have had to make an adjustment. Unfortunately this is not in Rudy’s offensive skill set.

These users thanked the author FeartheFro for the post:
3rdGenAggie

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » June 20th, 2021, 2:01 pm

Rudy is about to start his super max contract. He 100% will not be traded.

Yes the series against the Clippers sucked. Yes there is a ton of blame to go around. No the Jazz do not need to blow things up right now. They just had the best record in the NBA and made it farther than they have since 2008(game 6 of the second round). They took a giant positive step this season. Bringing in perimeter defenders is absolutely a priority this offseason. Trading a cornerstone of the franchise is something that won't happen.

FeartheFro

Post by FeartheFro » June 20th, 2021, 2:20 pm

I don’t think he will or should be traded either. It’s just interesting to get others perspective on his worth when compared to other players. They don’t need to blow up the team, but they definitely need to address what happened with the Clippers. They have to try and acquire the personal that can defend the offensive scheme that is becoming the theme of the NBA.

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » June 20th, 2021, 2:56 pm

FeartheFro wrote:
June 20th, 2021, 12:40 pm
If you think I’m blaming Rudy for The bad defense, you could not be more wrong. Rudy does what he does defensively better than anyone in the entire NBA. Unfortunately this does not include perimeter defense, nor should it with his size. When I say Rudy, Quinn and the Jazz were exposed, I was referring to Rudy NOT being able to do what he does best. This happened because the Clippers were putting 5 guys on the floor that could shoot the 3 and attack the rim. Our perimeter defense was so bad it left Rudy in a bad spot time and time again. I love Rudy and how he plays but to not recognize how our team can be exposed going against 5 shooters/drivers exposes us is being short sighted. If Rudy were able to dominate the shorter player defending him, the Clippers would have had to make an adjustment. Unfortunately this is not in Rudy’s offensive skill set.

I wasn’t referring to you but to nba Twitter lately

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » June 20th, 2021, 9:12 pm

FeartheFro wrote:
June 20th, 2021, 2:20 pm
I don’t think he will or should be traded either. It’s just interesting to get others perspective on his worth when compared to other players. They don’t need to blow up the team, but they definitely need to address what happened with the Clippers. They have to try and acquire the personal that can defend the offensive scheme that is becoming the theme of the NBA.

Sure, agree with that completely. There are definitely things they need to do this Summer to take the next step.

Locked Previous topicNext topic