USU Volleyball

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
sancho839

USU Volleyball

Post by sancho839 » October 15th, 2021, 11:12 am

Volleyball is already 5-2 in conference after ending last season 5-10 against league opponents. They just beat defending MW champs UNLV in five sets last night. Nice to see some highlights from the volleyball team. They haven't had a winning record in conference play since 2013.
These users thanked the author sancho839 for the post (total 3):
AGinNEIowaGordoAggiesam tingey

TrueAggieman

Re: USU Volleyball

Post by TrueAggieman » October 24th, 2021, 6:52 pm

They are now 8-2 and second in the conference, just one game behind Colorado State at 9-1. Cool to see both them and the soccer team doing better than they have in recent years!

Does anybody have a good idea of what the new v-ball coach has done to turn it around? Recruiting, player development, strategy, team culture, etc? Curious because they went 2-28 just 2 YEARS ago.

Utah State Hey Aggies all the way! Go Aggies! Go Aggies! Hey! Hey! Hey!

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » October 25th, 2021, 10:26 am

TrueAggieman wrote:
October 24th, 2021, 6:52 pm
They are now 8-2 and second in the conference, just one game behind Colorado State at 9-1. Cool to see both them and the soccer team doing better than they have in recent years!

Does anybody have a good idea of what the new v-ball coach has done to turn it around? Recruiting, player development, strategy, team culture, etc? Curious because they went 2-28 just 2 YEARS ago.
Just a guess, but I'm thinking strategy and team culture. When Tom Peterson was brought on as coach way back in 1999 and he had largely the same team from 1998 that sucked, Tom really turned things around that first year and made it to the NCAA tournament I think in his second or third year. The biggest change was Tom molding everything around the strengths of the players instead of being like the prior coach who tried to mold the players into what she wanted. His personality and coaching style was completely different as well. I remember talking with one of the girls and she commented that they would have to ask if Tom was angry because he didn't yell at all.
These users thanked the author bwcrc for the post:
TrueAggieman

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » October 25th, 2021, 10:58 am

I love it also that the Lady Ags are 3rd place in Soccer. What an amazing turnaround in these two sports.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

ootek

Post by ootek » October 25th, 2021, 11:54 am

I don’t know what Neilson has done to turn it around, but he lives close by me and seems like a great guy. And his daughter babysat for us a while back and really impressed us. I’m happy for the soccer team, too

Locked Previous topicNext topic