Kay-Rod Sunday Night Baseball

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Yossarian

Kay-Rod Sunday Night Baseball

Post by Yossarian » September 25th, 2022, 7:23 pm

Yankees - Red Sox on tonight (why can't they both lose?). Waiting to see if Judge hits #61 tonight. Alex Rodriguez, Roger Clemens, and Barry Bonds on taking baseball. I could listen to this for hours. Some very interesting perspective and stories being shared. Must see TV for baseball fans.

Eutaw St. Aggie

mcaggie1

Re: Kay-Rod Sunday Night Baseball

Post by mcaggie1 » September 26th, 2022, 2:16 pm

As a Cardinal fan it has been a blast watching Albert Pujols get to 700 home runs. I put him ahead of Bonds and anyone else who had to CHEAT to get to where they are…including McGuire.
These users thanked the author mcaggie1 for the post (total 2):
rAggieYossarian

rAggie

Post by rAggie » September 26th, 2022, 3:15 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
September 26th, 2022, 2:16 pm
As a Cardinal fan it has been a blast watching Albert Pujols get to 700 home runs. I put him ahead of Bonds and anyone else who had to CHEAT to get to where they are…including McGuire.
100 percent. I wish they'd just officially asterisk the PED era guys, especially Bonds. As far as I'm concerned, Aaron Judge will be the season home run record king if/when he gets 62.

Question I have for you guys is this: If you caught a milestone baseball home run, would you give it to the player?

I saw the guy who caught Pujols' 700 turned down multiple offers from the Cardinals for it.

As a lifelong Yankee fan, I am pretty certain that I would give Judge's record breaking home run back...even with them saying that it will be valued at $2 to $2.5 million. I'd like to think I'd give it back anyway.

Showing my True Colors since 2022

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » September 26th, 2022, 4:04 pm

rAggie wrote:
September 26th, 2022, 3:15 pm
Question I have for you guys is this: If you caught a milestone baseball home run, would you give it to the player?
No. At least not for free. Pujols 700th homerun is easily worth 6 figures. If he offered close to what I'd get from auction then I'd give it up but for a bat and a signed ball like you'd normally get I'd walk. The kid that gave Judge the 60 homerun ball is better than me. These guys are making hundreds of millions of dollars and I'm not just gonna give them my winning lottery ticket for free.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » September 27th, 2022, 1:10 am

rAggie wrote:
September 26th, 2022, 3:15 pm
mcaggie1 wrote:
September 26th, 2022, 2:16 pm
100 percent. I wish they'd just officially asterisk the PED era guys, especially Bonds. As far as I'm concerned, Aaron Judge will be the season home run record king if/when he gets 62.

I saw the guy who caught Pujols' 700 turned down multiple offers from the Cardinals for it.

As a lifelong Yankee fan, I am pretty certain that I would give Judge's record breaking home run back...even with them saying that it will be valued at $2 to $2.5 million. I'd like to think I'd give it back anyway.
I would gladly give them the ball if they traded the bat they hit the homerun with.... oh, and their signature on the bat and an authentication certificate from MLB along with the official scorebook from the game.
And the lineup card . And lifetime session tickets to the Baltimore Orioles.

Eutaw St. Aggie

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » September 27th, 2022, 1:21 am

I'm a little torn on the PED era. The summer when MacGuire and Sosa were going back and forth for the home run lead and blowing by Maris' single season record was exciting. Every night you would turn on the TV to see if either hit a homerun, or more. You knew it was bloated, but it was still exciting. The PEDs helped them turn what would have been routine fly balls into home runs, but they still had to make contact and hit the ball.

It sucks for guys like Dale Murphy who was a great power hitter in his prime but didn't dope and it has cost him a shot in the Hall of Fame.

What Bonds did was quite amazing, really. In the year he hit 73, he would get one, maybe two pitches to hit the entire game. His concentration and hand-eye coordination were unbelievable. He would rarely miss that one good pitch per game. He walked, what, 200 times that year? And struck out about 100. Guys today that are considered power hitters are striking or 230, 240 times a year. And they're still struggling to hit 30 homers.

Pujols is unbelievable. His career has been amazing and he is a first ballot HOFer. And he is a great person off the field. He is very active in the community and a humble guy. A person a young kid could look up to, for sure.
These users thanked the author Yossarian for the post:
mcaggie1

Eutaw St. Aggie

SLB

Post by SLB » September 27th, 2022, 6:36 am

Barry Bonds didn't need to cheat but did because money, and I can tell that Pujols cheated because he got smaller when he was with the Angels. I always asked the question with this commentary that people should think about with Bonds that he used riods at the end of his career not most of his career while on roids he hit in the hardest ballpark to hit home runs. Would Bonds have hit more home runs at Fenway without riods?

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » September 28th, 2022, 4:07 pm

SLB wrote:
September 27th, 2022, 6:36 am
Barry Bonds didn't need to cheat but did because money, and I can tell that Pujols cheated because he got smaller when he was with the Angels. I always asked the question with this commentary that people should think about with Bonds that he used riods at the end of his career not most of his career while on roids he hit in the hardest ballpark to hit home runs. Would Bonds have hit more home runs at Fenway without riods?
Pujols never cheated. When he went to the Angels they wanted him to lose weight, and he worked out and watched what he ate. Look at him now. Needs to lose some weight again. It has to do with eating too much. Not steroid use. Bonds cheated big time and it’s admitted. And by the way. The stadium in Anaheim is not the hardest park to hit home runs. There are several park ratings out there. One has 19 ballparks harder than the Angels park. A few have them ranked up there as one of the hardest but not the number one.

SLB

Post by SLB » September 28th, 2022, 4:26 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
September 28th, 2022, 4:07 pm
SLB wrote:
Pujols never cheated. When he went to the Angels they wanted him to lose weight, and he worked out and watched what he ate. Look at him now. Needs to lose some weight again. It has to do with eating too much. Not steroid use. Bonds cheated big time and it’s admitted. And by the way. The stadium in Anaheim is not the hardest park to hit home runs. There are several park ratings out there. One has 19 ballparks harder than the Angels park. A few have them ranked up there as one of the hardest but not the number one.
You don’t know anything about baseball.
Barry Bonds did roids at the end of his career with the Giants not before. Bonds was the best player of his time before roids. Pujols didn’t get caught, but all fans noticed that Pujols couldn’t hit out of a wet paper with the Angels and his muscle mass dropped dramatically which is why everyone watching just figured that he was one that got away.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » September 28th, 2022, 5:21 pm

SLB wrote:
September 28th, 2022, 4:26 pm
mcaggie1 wrote:
SLB wrote:
Barry Bonds did roids at the end of his career with the Giants not before. Bonds was the best player of his time before roids. Pujols didn’t get caught, but all fans noticed that Pujols couldn’t hit out of a wet paper with the Angels and his muscle mass dropped dramatically which is why everyone watching just figured that he was one that got away.
I don’t know about your version of baseball.
I am 74 years old. I have played, coached and watched baseball all my life… probably much longer than you. It’s my favorite sport. I was watching Stan Musial play just before he retired. Micky Mantle, Clemente and Aaron. Most all of the greats. I know baseball. I also feel sorry for guys like you on this board who would rather insult other posters than realize that we are all Aggies and deserve a little respect. If you disagree with someone, be mature about it and think about who you are insulting.

SLB

Post by SLB » September 28th, 2022, 6:10 pm

mcaggie1 wrote:
September 28th, 2022, 5:21 pm
SLB wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:
SLB wrote:
I am 74 years old. I have played, coached and watched baseball all my life… probably much longer than you. It’s my favorite sport. I was watching Stan Musial play just before he retired. Micky Mantle, Clemente and Aaron. Most all of the greats. I know baseball. I also feel sorry for guys like you on this board who would rather insult other posters than realize that we are all Aggies and deserve a little respect. If you disagree with someone, be mature about it and think about who you are insulting.
You claimed Bonds played on Angels, and Pujols lost a ton of muscle mass and couldn’t hit the ball because a change in dieting. You made a lame response that deserved a push back because you tried to talk about something beyond your means which leads to this kind of discussion that you wanted.
People who researched the Bonds season found that he would have had over 100 home runs that season in Colorado.

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » September 29th, 2022, 9:39 am

SLB wrote:
September 28th, 2022, 6:10 pm
mcaggie1 wrote:
SLB wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:
SLB wrote:
You claimed Bonds played on Angels, and Pujols lost a ton of muscle mass and couldn’t hit the ball because a change in dieting. You made a lame response that deserved a push back because you tried to talk about something beyond your means which leads to this kind of discussion that you wanted.
People who researched the Bonds season found that he would have had over 100 home runs that season in Colorado.
Pujols didn’t lose muscle mass….he lost fat. I never claimed Bonds played for the Angles. You brought up the Angels stadium being hardest to hit home runs in, which you were wrong about. I addressed that comment. And now I bid you ado. You can respond, but you won’t find me commenting anything back to you. You take these forums way too seriously, and still are basically insulting.

SLB

Post by SLB » September 29th, 2022, 9:50 am

mcaggie1 wrote:
September 29th, 2022, 9:39 am
SLB wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:
SLB wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:
SLB wrote:
Pujols didn’t lose muscle mass….he lost fat. I never claimed Bonds played for the Angles. You brought up the Angels stadium being hardest to hit home runs in, which you were wrong about. I addressed that comment. And now I bid you ado. You can respond, but you won’t find me commenting anything back to you. You take these forums way too seriously, and still are basically insulting.
Lying is a bad habit to get into.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » September 29th, 2022, 11:22 am

mcaggie1 wrote:
SLB wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:
SLB wrote:
Yeah, but....... do you have a Ted Williams autographed baseball?

Eutaw St. Aggie

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » September 29th, 2022, 11:53 am

SLB wrote:
September 29th, 2022, 9:50 am
mcaggie1 wrote:
SLB wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:
SLB wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB, calm down. No need to lash out at people. You're stating your opinions as facts and claiming others opinions are false.

SLB

Post by SLB » September 29th, 2022, 11:56 am

treesap32 wrote:
September 29th, 2022, 11:53 am
SLB wrote:
September 29th, 2022, 9:50 am
mcaggie1 wrote:
SLB wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:
SLB wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:
SLB wrote:
SLB, calm down. No need to lash out at people. You're stating your opinions as facts and claiming others opinions are false.
I pointing out how crazy that lashing out by that other person, and the gaps within the argument that he was making and ending up making my point.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » September 29th, 2022, 12:53 pm

Not worth it... No need to take offense in this conversation. You think Pujols cheated, but it's never been proven. He thinks Pujols never cheated, and it's never been proven. No one's lying. No need to get worked up.
These users thanked the author treesap32 for the post:
mcaggie1

mcaggie1

Post by mcaggie1 » September 29th, 2022, 3:20 pm

Yossarian wrote:
September 29th, 2022, 11:22 am
mcaggie1 wrote:
SLB wrote:
mcaggie1 wrote:
SLB wrote:
Yeah, but....... do you have a Ted Williams autographed baseball?
:) No, but I bet you do.

Locked Previous topicNext topic