Stan Albrechts prophetic words about Kustra

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
SoCalAggie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Stan Albrechts prophetic words about Kustra

Post by SoCalAggie » December 1st, 2010, 7:04 pm

(Paraphrasing) "his world is about to fall down around him" - well, Stan was right. A few months late, but correct none the less. The conference Boise thought they were joining, a 9 team group of solid, core members who appeared to have things going in their direction. Sure, the MWC missed out on snatching up the Big 12 left over’s (like that was going to happen), and eventually lost Utah, but with Boise to fill in the gap, things seemed on the up and up. And Boise was happy, joining a conference with another BCS buster (TCU), add in the rich tradition of BYU with their many alum strewn across the west and their big stadium, and Boise was feeling just fine, thank you.

But then we came along to spoil their plans. Well no, that's not exactly true. BYU came a calling and we, left with no real prospects of our own but to languish in the depleted, but still kicking WAC, jumped at the opportunity to steel away a school from the very conference that basically has shunned us since the 60's, back when Boise was a two-bit mezzanine level above a High School. And the end result? Not only did BYU end up leaving, but Boise was forced to accept the tag alongs of two school they had just left behind, yelling "see ya'll later suckers" as they were driving off into the green, green pastures of the MWC.

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE! And if that wasn't enough, the 3rd marquee team, a small private university in Texas who has had the same fortunes as Boise as a Football school (with nothing much else) gets picked up by a BCS conference.

And so here we are today. Boise, who thought they were riding on cloud nine back in the summer, is facing a winter of discontent. No national championship, no super-star conference, just right back where they came from. And to make matters worse, the rest of the "super-star" conference, seeing the writing on the wall, is contemplating the addition of more mouths to feed, more marginalization (in Boise's eyes of course), more of the same o'l, same o'l.

Stan was right; the world fell down around Bob Kustra and Boise State.

Drifting through a world that's torn and tattered, every thought I have don't mean a thing...

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Re: Stan Albrechts prophetic words about Kustra

Post by BigBlueDart » December 1st, 2010, 7:08 pm

This brings me no joy. :noidea:

bigbluebaby

Post by bigbluebaby » December 1st, 2010, 7:29 pm

Unfortunaley it fell down harder on us.. and is flattening us even worse..

"So your saying I got a chance ??!!"

SoCalAggie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by SoCalAggie » December 1st, 2010, 9:34 pm

it wasn't meant to be a feel good post, just is. I don't mater much now does it?

Drifting through a world that's torn and tattered, every thought I have don't mean a thing...

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 1st, 2010, 10:06 pm

SoCalAggie wrote:Stan was right; the world fell down around Bob Kustra and Boise State.
Just possibly the best thing you've ever written, MD!

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Locked Previous topicNext topic