USUFans Challenge BBSF 2012 - $27,735 Raised!

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
treesap32

USUFans Challenge BBSF 2012 - $27,735 Raised!

Post by treesap32 » April 18th, 2012, 3:41 pm

The Big Blue Scholarship Fund Drive 2012 has begun, and we here at USUFans are issuing an official challenge to our members to contribute to the fund drive this year, or renew your contributions from last year. We have an initial goal of reaching $4,000 in donations specifically from this board.

The donations will be tracked and updated periodically in a graphic at the bottom of the message board (see below).

To make it fun I've decided to donate several items as rewards for those who choose to donate through this challenge. Anyone who donates (minimum of $25) will receive either a Michael Smith and/or Robert Turbin rookie card. At a minimum there will be 25 Michael Smith cards given away and 19 Robert Turbin cards. The Robert Turbin cards will be reserved for the top donors.

Here are images of the Michael Smith and Robert Turbin Cards:

ImageImage

In addition to these rewards, I will also be giving away autographed and vintage memorabilia for reaching certain donation milestones.

$2,500 donated - Michael Smith Autographed Rookie Card
$3,000 donated - Bobby Wagner Autographed Sr. Bowl Card
$3,500 donated - Robert Turbin Autographed Rookie Card
$4,000 donated - Robert Turbin Autographed Rookie Card
$4,500 donated - Nate Williams 1974 Card (NBA)
$5,000 donated - Marv Roberts 1974 Card (NBA)
$6,000 donated - Cornell Green 1975 Card (NFL)
$7,000 donated - Shaler Halimon 1970 Rookie Card (NBA)
$8,000 donated - Merlin Olsen 1975 Card (NFL)
$9,000 donated - Nate Williams 1976 Card (NBA - Jazz Uniform)
$10,000 donated - Cornell Green 1964 Rookie Card (NFL)
$11,000 donated - Kevin Robinson 2008 Rookie Card (NFL)
$12,000 donated - Michael Smith "Silver" Rookie Card
$13,000 donated - Michael Smith "Gold" Rookie Card
$14,000 donated - Shaler Halimon 1970 Rookie Card (NBA)
$15,000 donated - Kevin Robinson Autographed Rookie Card (numbered 2/5)
$20,000 donated - Merlin Olsen 1964 Rookie Card & $30 Locker42 Gift Card

$22,500 donated - Merlin Olsen 1969 Card
$25,000 donated - Chris Cooley Rookie Card
$27,500 donated - Michael Smith Autographed Rookie Card
$30,000 donated - Kevin Curtis Autographed Rookie Card

These rewards will be drawn at random from the pool of donors (no minimum required to be entered here).

To donate please visit the Official Big Blue Scholarship Fund 2012 Fund Drive Site.

In order to track these donations as part of our challenge, and to be eligible to receive your rewards (and be entered into the drawings) be sure to click on the "Special Instructions" checkbox and include the following information in the Special Instructions field:

USUFans Challenge - (Insert your username here)

Please see the example below.

So far we have already received two donations from two of the board moderators/admin personnel. Let's crack that goal and keep going. Now is the time to put your money where your mouth is and help make Utah State Athletics even better!

Kerwynn Williams is All In. Are you?

[youtube][/youtube]

AggiePride
Has thanked: 0

Re: USUFans Challenge BBSF 2012

Post by AggiePride » April 18th, 2012, 4:26 pm

I donated online before reading this so I didn't mark USUFans in the payment. If there is a way to fix this I'm happy to do it.

GeorgiaAggie

Post by GeorgiaAggie » April 18th, 2012, 7:17 pm

Done!

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 18th, 2012, 11:08 pm

Thanks GeorgiaAggie! Let's keep them coming! I acquired a few more prizes that I will release if we can get this rolling....

AggieSports
RIP
Been thanked: 0

Post by AggieSports » April 19th, 2012, 1:29 am

I really apluad the efforts of this site to do something that matters. Well done. And a tip of the hat to treesap. While living far from the mother land, you continue to do creative things that help USU athletics. You sir, are a True Aggie.

IMO

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » April 19th, 2012, 7:36 am

For those that can't give all at once there's the $9.10 Club. I got an email about it yesterday and am trying to get more info on it. To donate you just go to the same website as the BBSF.

http://utahstateaggies.givezooks.com/ca ... /9-10-club

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » April 19th, 2012, 7:52 am

I have a question that maybe some of you have run into and know the answer to.

I renewed my FB season tickets in December, and at the time did not make my BBSF donation. The ticket representative told me that it would be automatically charged to my CC at some point in the future (I do not remember the date.)

So my questions: Will my donation be made during the fund drive? Will this automatic charge really happen? What if I want to up my donation? If I donate on-line, will I be double charged? Last but not least, How do I get the USUFans Challenge?

By the way, awesome work Tree...

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

BigVBAg

Post by BigVBAg » April 19th, 2012, 8:17 am

Thanks treesap for getting this going. I applaud your efforts! I've already made my donation, but I'm willing to donate more if others on this board will step up to the challenge. With that in mind, I commit to donating an additional $50 for each $1500 raised through this site. Therefore, if we can raise $3000, I'll donate an additional $100; for $6000, I'll chip in an additional $200; etc., up to a maximum of $600. Let's see how much money we can raise for Big Blue. Go Aggies!

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 19th, 2012, 8:43 am

BigVBAg wrote:Thanks treesap for getting this going. I applaud your efforts! I've already made my donation, but I'm willing to donate more if others on this board will step up to the challenge. With that in mind, I commit to donating an additional $50 for each $1500 raised through this site. Therefore, if we can raise $3000, I'll donate an additional $100; for $6000, I'll chip in an additional $200; etc., up to a maximum of $600. Let's see how much money we can raise for Big Blue. Go Aggies!
That's awesome BigVB!! I was able to transfer your previous donation to the pool.

Thanks to those who have donated thus far! We're nearly halfway to our first goal! Check out the status bar at the bottom of hte page! Keep them coming. I've secured a couple more prizes that I will happily part with if we reach our goals.

Vintage Aggie NBA and NFL Cards. Marv Roberts, Shaler Halimon, Cornell Green, and Nate Williams!

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 19th, 2012, 8:44 am

AgMan21 wrote:For those that can't give all at once there's the $9.10 Club. I got an email about it yesterday and am trying to get more info on it. To donate you just go to the same website as the BBSF.

Yes, the $9.10 Club is a great way to become a BBSF Blue member by only donating $9.10 per month. Just make sure to enter "USUFans Challenge - (yourusername)" to be tracked in this challenge and eligible for the rewards!

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 19th, 2012, 8:50 am

Empire of Dirt wrote:I have a question that maybe some of you have run into and know the answer to.

I renewed my FB season tickets in December, and at the time did not make my BBSF donation. The ticket representative told me that it would be automatically charged to my CC at some point in the future (I do not remember the date.)

So my questions: Will my donation be made during the fund drive? Will this automatic charge really happen? What if I want to up my donation? If I donate on-line, will I be double charged? Last but not least, How do I get the USUFans Challenge?

Empire,

You can make your BBSF donation at any time and it will count for your FBall season tickets. It can be done at the GiveZooks site linked here. Just to be safe I would also contact Aneka Christensen to make sure that you are not double charged. She can coordinate with the ticket office to let them know that you've already made your donation so they won't pull anything else from your credit card. And you can up your donation by simply adding more to it than you did last year (or more than is required for your FBall seats). :cheers:
Empire of Dirt wrote: How do I get the USUFans Challenge?
To be added to the USUFans Challenge:

In order to track these donations as part of our challenge, and to be eligible to receive your rewards (and be entered into the drawings) be sure to click on the "Special Instructions" checkbox and include the following information in the Special Instructions field:

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » April 19th, 2012, 10:40 am

treesap32 wrote:
AgMan21 wrote:For those that can't give all at once there's the $9.10 Club. I got an email about it yesterday and am trying to get more info on it. To donate you just go to the same website as the BBSF.

Yes, the $9.10 Club is a great way to become a BBSF Blue member by only donating $9.10 per month. Just make sure to enter "USUFans Challenge - (yourusername)" to be tracked in this challenge and eligible for the rewards!
Maybe you guys can answer my questions I sent to the BBSF director. With the $9.10 club, do I have to go to the website every month and donate or does it do it for me automatically? I think I may just make a lump donation for convenience, but it would be more fiscally responsible of me to just have 9.10 pulled from my account each month. Thanks in advance.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 19th, 2012, 11:36 am

AgMan21 wrote:
treesap32 wrote:

Maybe you guys can answer my questions I sent to the BBSF director. With the $9.10 club, do I have to go to the website every month and donate or does it do it for me automatically? I think I may just make a lump donation for convenience, but it would be more fiscally responsible of me to just have 9.10 pulled from my account each month. Thanks in advance.
AgMan21,

Yes, they can easily can set this up for you through either a bank account or credit card. Just contact Emily Waite at 435-797-1323. When you set it up let her know that you want this to be added as part of the "USUFans Challenge" and give her your username for this site. That way she can pass it on to me and I can add your donation to the total, add you to the drawings, and get you your reward(s).

Aggiefan33

Post by Aggiefan33 » April 19th, 2012, 11:58 am

Thanks for the work. If we are going to do something similar next year I will wait and make my donation in the "open period" instead of just making it when I think about it, typicall when I renew my football seats.

The harder you work, the harder it is to Surrender. - Men's Basketball locker room

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 19th, 2012, 12:06 pm

Aggiefan33 wrote:Thanks for the work. If we are going to do something similar next year I will wait and make my donation in the "open period" instead of just making it when I think about it, typicall when I renew my football seats.
We will definitely be doing it again next year.

AggieSports
RIP
Been thanked: 0

Post by AggieSports » April 19th, 2012, 1:47 pm

Does anybody remember when we tried to do this at UStateAgs.com? Spetman said he would do a question and answer once a month on the message board. So a bunch of us joined (I even got my parents to join who are die hard BYU fans) under the UStateAgs.com name. Of course Spetman never did one single question and answer....
Last edited by AggieSports on April 19th, 2012, 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

IMO

Empire of Dirt

Post by Empire of Dirt » April 19th, 2012, 2:27 pm

treesap32 wrote:
Empire of Dirt wrote:I have a question that maybe some of you have run into and know the answer to.

Empire,

You can make your BBSF donation at any time and it will count for your FBall season tickets. It can be done at the GiveZooks site linked here. Just to be safe I would also contact Aneka Christensen to make sure that you are not double charged. She can coordinate with the ticket office to let them know that you've already made your donation so they won't pull anything else from your credit card. And you can up your donation by simply adding more to it than you did last year (or more than is required for your FBall seats). :cheers:
Empire of Dirt wrote: How do I get the USUFans Challenge?
To be added to the USUFans Challenge:

Thanks tree, all done. Aneeka was helpful as always.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

"If you are not an Aggie Fan you are a complete loser." -Kyle Gunther

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 19th, 2012, 3:10 pm

aggiebbfan, check your inbox.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 19th, 2012, 4:35 pm

We're up to $1,500 within 24 hours of getting this started! I caught wind of some larger sized donations that should arrive soon... If they come through they will satisfy our initial goals, and all the prizes will be claimed. Therefore, I have increased the number of prizes by more than double.

This also means that we have a handful of donors and a BUNCH of prizes to give away. DONATE now and you've got a great shot at some great autographed memorabilia or vintage cards.

I have also included a Grand Prize of a Cornell Green Rookie card for reaching a goal of $10,000, and an ULTRA Grand Prize of a Merlin Olsen Rookie Card & $30 Locker42 Gift card if we can bring in $20,000 in donations.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 20th, 2012, 8:52 am

A large donation has just come through bringing us to $6,500 raised thus far!!! Excellent work USUFans members!

Let's keep it going! So far we have a total of 7 users donate.

So far here are the prizes that will be drawn among the donors thus far:

Guaranteed Awards

------------------------------
Up Next

That's 7 prizes, for a total of 7 donors. Come on Aggies, let's get the donations going! Donate now and your chances of an autographed or vintage Aggie prize are very, very high. Up next is a Shaler Halimon 1970 Rookie card! It's a sweet oversized card in excellent condition. Shaler's in his Chicago Bulls jersey. Here's an image of the card (not the actual one, but an example):

AgMan21

Post by AgMan21 » April 20th, 2012, 12:11 pm

Done! Thanks for putting this together. I'm thinking of being a first time season ticket buyer. Do I have to call in and set that up since I did my donation separately? Sorry I've never had the funds to do this before.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 20th, 2012, 1:42 pm

AgMan21 wrote:Done! Thanks for putting this together. I'm thinking of being a first time season ticket buyer. Do I have to call in and set that up since I did my donation separately? Sorry I've never had the funds to do this before.
Agman21,

Your donation will qualify you for at least some level of seats. If you would like I can have someone contact you with more information on that if you would like. Just let me know. You can PM me.

Thanks for the donation!

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 20th, 2012, 1:54 pm

A quick update:

We have received a few more donations today! We're all the way up to $7,470 now from a total of 12 donors. Just to make sure that I have everyone's donation accounted for I will be sending out a private message to those that I have received confirmation on. If you have donated and don't receive a confirmation message from me please let me know.

The last couple of donations put us over the $7,000 mark which means that the Shaler Halimon Rookie will be given away.

Here's an updated chart of prizes:

Guaranteed Awards

Up Next

Up next is a Merlin Olsen 1975 Vintage NFL Card. Here's an image of the card:

Let's keep it rolling!

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » April 21st, 2012, 9:30 am

Sorry guys, I already made my commitment to the BBSF through the normal channels. But I think this is really great that you're doing this!

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » April 21st, 2012, 9:33 am

BTW, Shaler Halimon was not a rookie with the Chicago Bulls. He was a rookie with the Philadelphia 76'ers in 1968, as their first pick in the draft that year.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 21st, 2012, 9:55 am

AggiesForever wrote:BTW, Shaler Halimon was not a rookie with the Chicago Bulls. He was a rookie with the Philadelphia 76'ers in 1968, as their first pick in the draft that year.
They didn't print a card for him until 1970, so this is his official rookie card.

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 22nd, 2012, 7:49 pm

I have added a few more rewards to the pool for hitting the $11,000 through $15,000 marks.
These include a Kevin Robinson Rookie card for the Kansas City Chiefs, couple of rare Michael Smith rookie cards (silver and gold versions), another Shaler Halimon "Rookie" card, and as one of the large prizes, an Autographed Kevin Robinson Rookie Card serial numbered #2 of 5 for the $15,000 mark. Here's an image of the K-Rob card:

Rabidchild

Post by Rabidchild » April 23rd, 2012, 4:19 pm

Apparently USUfans is doing better than the BBSF is doing at its own fund drive, since their website shows that a total of just over $3K in donations have been attained toward the $1.25 miilion goal (or, more likely, they just haven't updated their website since their drive should include all of the money donated as part of this challenge).

http://utahstateaggies.givezooks.com/ca ... fund-drive

I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 23rd, 2012, 4:35 pm

Rabidchild wrote:Apparently USUfans is doing better than the BBSF is doing at its own fund drive, since their website shows that a total of just over $3K in donations have been attained toward the $1.25 miilion goal (or, more likely, they just haven't updated their website since their drive should include all of the money donated as part of this challenge).

http://utahstateaggies.givezooks.com/ca ... fund-drive
Yeah, the GiveZooks website counts only the donations that came through GiveZooks since they opened that campaign. We've been able to count 3 donations that came outside of givezooks, and all of them were of a pretty hefty size. From GiveZooks alone I have been notified of $1,745 in donations. So a little over half of their total donations so far have come from this board.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 24th, 2012, 5:37 pm

We received a couple more donations over the past two days pushing us over the $8,000 mark. That guarantees that the 1975 Merlin Olsen card will be given away.

So far we have 15 total donors and 9 guaranteed prizes. There are a couple more people who have said they are planning on donating but have not yet done so.

Guaranteed Awards

Up Next
$11,000 donated - Kevin Robinson 2008 Rookie Card (NFL)
$12,000 donated - Michael Smith "Silver" Rookie Card
$13,000 donated - Michael Smith "Gold" Rookie Card
$14,000 donated - Shaler Halimon 1970 Rookie Card (NBA)
$15,000 donated - Kevin Robinson Autographed Rookie Card (numbered 2/5)

Here's an image of the Nate Williams card that will be given away when we reach $9,000 in donations. It's a nice oversize card of Nate while he was playing for the New Orleans Jazz.

The donations have slowed down a little bit recently. The current fund drive ends on May 10, so we have a couple more weeks to get our donations in... Let's keep this rolling!

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 24th, 2012, 7:24 pm

I have sent messages out to the inbox of all of the people that I know have donated so far. If you have donated and didn't receive a message from me yet, please let me know.

aggieman2828

Post by aggieman2828 » April 25th, 2012, 2:18 pm

Done! Thanks tree for doing this.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 25th, 2012, 3:52 pm

aggieman2828 wrote:Done! Thanks tree for doing this.
We received three more donations today including an additional donation from someone who donated a few days ago. One of the larger donations pushed us up over another goal. I'll add some more prizes tonight sometime if I can find time. Someone will be receiving the 1964 Cornell Green rookie card, and the 2 of 5 Kevin Robinson autographed Rookie card.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » April 25th, 2012, 4:12 pm

I'm in the middle of refinancing my mortgage, buying a new car, and likely consolidating student loans. Once those are all settled and we have our budget worked out I'll give what I can.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » April 25th, 2012, 4:39 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:I'm in the middle of refinancing my mortgage, buying a new car, and likely consolidating student loans. Once those are all settled and we have our budget worked out I'll give what I can.
Thanks BBD. Remember, there is no minimum to be included in the drawings, and $25 will get you a Michael Smith and/or Robert Turbin rookie card.

Locked Previous topicNext topic