UTEP vs. NMSU

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
superaggie
Has thanked: 0

UTEP vs. NMSU

Post by superaggie » May 17th, 2012, 3:02 pm

Eveyone in the MWC Board wishes to add UTEP to their confrence but I cannot figure out how they are a better add than NMSU. Both schools share the same market. Both Schools have good facilities. Both Schools Have really good basketball. In reality I think that NMSU has a better football future with Walker than UTEP has.

Can someone please explain this love fest with UTEP? If it is because they happen to fall on the Texas side of the boarder and that some how helps with recruiting than that is stupid reason. They fall more in line with New Mexico than Texas.

They only thing I can figure is that NM has created a false perception of NMSU over the last 50 years.

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Re: UTEP vs. NMSU

Post by BigBlueDart » May 17th, 2012, 3:11 pm

UTEP has a better following than NMSU.

NAggsty Butler

Post by NAggsty Butler » May 17th, 2012, 3:15 pm

The other schools have past association with UTEP. NMSU was always in "inferior conferences", kinda how they view us.

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

C-state
Been thanked: 0

Post by C-state » May 17th, 2012, 3:23 pm

NAggsty Butler wrote:The other schools have past association with UTEP. NMSU was always in "inferior conferences", kinda how they view us.
That's the case with some of the snotty fans out there, which just so happens to be the vocal minority.

The best move would be to send out unofficial invites to BYU, SDSU, UTEP, NMSU, TXST. The first two that get back to us are in. We then lock the door on further departures/entrances, and start the rebuilding process in the new 12 team regional conference.

nismo1616

Post by nismo1616 » May 17th, 2012, 3:25 pm

This conference realignment is all about football, UTEP has much better attendance than NMSU when it comes to football. I have also heard that New Mexico is strongly opposed to inviting NMSU because they do not want to compete with them for recruits.

Texas is just a huge football state and the MWC wants that state back.

CedarAg

Post by CedarAg » May 17th, 2012, 3:29 pm

superaggie wrote:Eveyone in the MWC Board wishes to add UTEP to their confrence but I cannot figure out how they are a better add than NMSU. Both schools share the same market. Both Schools have good facilities. Both Schools Have really good basketball. In reality I think that NMSU has a better football future with Walker than UTEP has.

Can someone please explain this love fest with UTEP? If it is because they happen to fall on the Texas side of the boarder and that some how helps with recruiting than that is stupid reason. They fall more in line with New Mexico than Texas.

They only thing I can figure is that NM has created a false perception of NMSU over the last 50 years.
I was just thinking that UTEP has a better fight song! ;)

That pissing in your shoes song sucks! :joking:

Roll Aggies!!!!

RivertonAG

Post by RivertonAG » May 17th, 2012, 4:08 pm

I don't have anything against most things New Mexico State, but Pistol Pete is reason enough to not invite them. Can't stand that mascot!!! :nono:

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » May 17th, 2012, 4:37 pm

Yea I don't think most of us around here have a "hardon" for UTEP like the others do. I don't really care if UTEP was in the MW vs NMSU. I do hope the SAggies land on their feet though!

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » May 17th, 2012, 6:15 pm

Easy. Frank.

Posted from my Android

AggieMan5

UTEP vs. NMSU

Post by AggieMan5 » May 17th, 2012, 6:18 pm

I'd rather have UTEP. They seem to be a lot better known w/ a better following. Still wouldn't mind NMSU either though.

Donman

Post by Donman » May 17th, 2012, 6:44 pm

NMSU, would give us a guaranteed win every year.

billings

Post by billings » May 17th, 2012, 10:51 pm

UTEP and it isn't even close

AggieMan5

Post by AggieMan5 » May 18th, 2012, 12:45 am

Donman wrote:NMSU, would give us a guaranteed win every year.
Which is why I'd rather have UTEP. :joking:

NIrishAg

Post by NIrishAg » May 18th, 2012, 1:58 pm

UTEP has much more tradition - both the tradition of rivalries with several of the current MWC teams, and also a much stronger tradition of winning. Add to that, UTEP is in one of the fastest growing cities in the nation (which is already 6 times larger than Las Cruces) and it is in Texas. UTEP is painfully obvious as the better of the two.

AGGZILLA

Post by AGGZILLA » May 18th, 2012, 5:33 pm

NIrishAg wrote:UTEP has much more tradition - both the tradition of rivalries with several of the current MWC teams, and also a much stronger tradition of winning. Add to that, UTEP is in one of the fastest growing cities in the nation (which is already 6 times larger than Las Cruces) and it is in Texas. UTEP is painfully obvious as the better of the two.
^this a hundred times over. The rivalries with the old WAC members go back decades, so they would be right at home. Not to mention greater fan support, bigger budget, and the Sun Bowl and the Haskins Center are better venues than Aggie Memorial and the Pan Am.

"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

LKGates

Post by LKGates » May 18th, 2012, 6:47 pm

QuackAttackAggie wrote:Easy. Frank.

Posted from my Android
Oh yeah. I feel bad for Idaho and NMSU, and I'd really like to give them a hand, if we could. Really. But the Raggies would have to tie Frank up and put him in a closet before I could be happy with the deal.

Go AGGIES!

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

Locked Previous topicNext topic