I hate our ticket office!!!

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BLaggie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

I hate our ticket office!!!

Post by BLaggie » December 4th, 2012, 1:27 pm

I ordered 8 tickets from our ticket office. I was told if I picked them up in person I would not be charged an outrageous shipped fee. So I said I'll be in cache valley on the 4th and I was told all tickets could be picked up from the 3rd to the 11th. Well.... Apparently they are slow and half stupid, and tickets can't be picked up until "thursday maybe Friday".
I live 3 hours from Logan. So thanks for the heads up ticket office I made a trip to Logan on the wrong damn day!

bigwilly087

Re: I hate our ticket office!!!

Post by bigwilly087 » December 4th, 2012, 1:34 pm

BLaggie wrote:I ordered 8 tickets from our ticket office. I was told if I picked them up in person I would not be charged an outrageous shipped fee. So I said I'll be in cache valley on the 4th and I was told all tickets could be picked up from the 3rd to the 11th. Well.... Apparently they are slow and half stupid, and tickets can't be picked up until "thursday maybe Friday".
I live 3 hours from Logan. So thanks for the heads up ticket office I made a trip to Logan on the wrong damn day!
Not surprised at all. I ordered tickets for the game against Wisconsin that I was travelling to, and was told to expect them 2-3 weeks before the game. Didn't get them until a few days before, which happened to be the day before I left. Could have def screwed my travel plans. Luckily our entire ticket operation will be outsourced starting next year.

usublue20

Post by usublue20 » December 4th, 2012, 1:50 pm

Not surprised here either. It's sad when Weber States ticket office is better then our own. I've been to quite a few concerts and bball games down there and not had a single problem. Can't say the same thing for USU. Hopefully next year is better. It would be interesting to know how many causual fans have been turned away by their stupid policies and overall suckiness.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » December 4th, 2012, 1:58 pm

usublue20 wrote:Not surprised here either. It's sad when Weber States ticket office is better then our own. I've been to quite a few concerts and bball games down there and not had a single problem. Can't say the same thing for USU. Hopefully next year is better. It would be interesting to know how many causual fans have been turned away by their stupid policies and overall suckiness.
I've only had experience with the Weber ticket office once but it was pretty bad. A few years ago we played them early in the season. I ordered tickets the day they went on sale (2-3 weeks before the game) and paid to have them sent to me. 3 days before the game I hadn't received them yet so I called up there. They said that they didn't get around to mailing any tickets out yet so they would be available at will call. They also refused to refund the shipping fee. We got there 30 minutes before tipoff to find a huge line. We didn't get into the game until there were 5 minutes left in the 1st half. When you have everyone that isn't a season ticket holder picking up tickets at will call then you are asking for a disaster.

Country time

Post by Country time » December 4th, 2012, 2:05 pm

On top of all of that, I bet you still don't know where you are sitting. I decided to buy my FIPB tickets from Boise directly and I even got to pick my seats which are front row! I received mine in the mail two days later.
Last edited by Country time on December 4th, 2012, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » December 4th, 2012, 2:06 pm

This is why I refused to buy bowl tickets from the ticket office

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » December 4th, 2012, 2:10 pm

Yeah, our ticket office pretty much sucks donkey balls. I had a SNAFU this year with my season basketball tickets that didn't get resolved until after the first game. FIPB tickets last year were a joke. I paid a bunch of money to get the priority tickets (wasn't told where they would be), and ended up sitting near the top of the upper deck on about the 10 yard line. I can't go to the bowl game this year because of prior commitments, but I guarantee you that I would not be buying my tickets from USU.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

Machismo

Post by Machismo » December 4th, 2012, 2:12 pm

ratofallaggies wrote:This is why I refused to buy bowl tickets from the ticket office
Last Season and this Season We got our FIPB Tix. from the FIPB site because I want to know what I'm buying. I would have to much anxiety wondering and worrying about where we will be sitting. I would much rather go up to the USU Tix. Office and pick them up but I don't want to be left hangin wondering.

dogie

Post by dogie » December 4th, 2012, 2:19 pm

usublue20 wrote:Not surprised here either. It's sad when Weber States ticket office is better then our own. I've been to quite a few concerts and bball games down there and not had a single problem. Can't say the same thing for USU. Hopefully next year is better. It would be interesting to know how many causual fans have been turned away by their stupid policies and overall suckiness.
I have had bad experiences with the Weber State ticket office. I had will call tickets at the USU game a few years ago. There must have been about 250 people in line for will call - or a combined line with ticket purchasers.

I scrapped that idea and just entered the arena through a side door. I in fact had already paid my money and didn't feel obliged to wait in a line while missing the game I had already paid for.

USU78
Pick'em Champ - '16 Weekly

Post by USU78 » December 4th, 2012, 2:38 pm

In '97, my family and I purchased through the USU ticket office, got assigned 18 rows up, 5 yards deep in the North endzone, unable to see a thing because the bleacher seats were parallel to the field.

This time out, we bought from the venue. Sorry, tickoff, but the poor treatment of season ticket holders by the Boazy seat assigners was such that I couldn't trust you to give us decent seats.

Now I'm inside the 40 on the West side.

You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

nismo1616

Post by nismo1616 » December 4th, 2012, 2:43 pm

From a terrible ticket office, to the poor run book store, I feel that these are serious issues that need to be addressed! And whats up with the one little tent to buy a very limited selection of merchandise at in Romney!? Some easy rethinking/redoing of the main sources of income could up revenue dramatically IMO.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » December 4th, 2012, 2:52 pm

At least that tent is three times the size of the hole in the wall at the Spectrum. Best come prepared with your gear already on I guess.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » December 4th, 2012, 2:56 pm

nismo1616 wrote:From a terrible ticket office, to the poor run book store, I feel that these are serious issues that need to be addressed! And whats up with the one little tent to buy a very limited selection of merchandise at in Romney!? Some easy rethinking/redoing of the main sources of income could up revenue dramatically IMO.
The ticket office has already been addressed. Barnes said in a recent interview that the entire thing is being outsourced next year to someone that knows how to run a ticket office. As far as the merchandise goes (at both basketball and football), I agree that something needs to be done. It's beyond pathetic.

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » December 4th, 2012, 3:33 pm

I got my FIPB tickets directly from the Boise ticket office. They allow you to choose your own seat so it's not the guessing game that USU makes it.

Blue Away

Post by Blue Away » December 4th, 2012, 6:32 pm

bigwilly087 wrote:
BLaggie wrote:I ordered 8 tickets from our ticket office. I was told if I picked them up in person I would not be charged an outrageous shipped fee. So I said I'll be in cache valley on the 4th and I was told all tickets could be picked up from the 3rd to the 11th. Well.... Apparently they are slow and half stupid, and tickets can't be picked up until "thursday maybe Friday".
Not surprised at all. I ordered tickets for the game against Wisconsin that I was travelling to, and was told to expect them 2-3 weeks before the game. Didn't get them until a few days before, which happened to be the day before I left. Could have def screwed my travel plans. Luckily our entire ticket operation will be outsourced starting next year.

We're getting Chinese or Indian ticketing agents? ;)

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 4th, 2012, 11:34 pm

Blue Away wrote:
bigwilly087 wrote:

We're getting Chinese or Indian ticketing agents?

Full

Post by Full » December 5th, 2012, 10:51 am

Thanks for the heads up, I'll be up Saturday and I can pick them up. I paid $15 for shipping instead of the free will call because I hoped it would solve having another issue with the ticket office. :rant: Before Basketball season I had almost gone a year without being personally shown the incompetence of the ticket office... I hope outsourcing fixes the issues.

aggie16

Post by aggie16 » December 5th, 2012, 4:49 pm

I just found out that the heated Stadium Club seats are on the Toledo side. That stinks. :wtf:

BLaggie

Post by BLaggie » December 11th, 2012, 12:17 pm

Well I finally got my tickets from our ticket office.... Section 121 ...upper deck... They still have lower bowl available should I switch? Btw they are plain rude to deal with there !

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » December 11th, 2012, 12:23 pm

BLaggie wrote:Well I finally got my tickets from our ticket office.... Section 121 ...upper deck... They still have lower bowl available should I switch? Btw they are plain rude to deal with there !
After going last year, I'd prefer upper deck in this particular stadium. They have a track going around the field which gives the lower seats a bad viewing angle.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » December 11th, 2012, 12:24 pm

aggie16 wrote:I just found out that the heated Stadium Club seats are on the Toledo side. That stinks. :wtf:
That does stink, but the good news is that there isn't likely going to be too many Toledo fans on the "Toledo side" so you may as well wander over and start to occupy.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » December 11th, 2012, 5:54 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:
BLaggie wrote:Well I finally got my tickets from our ticket office.... Section 121 ...upper deck... They still have lower bowl available should I switch? Btw they are plain rude to deal with there !
After going last year, I'd prefer upper deck in this particular stadium. They have a track going around the field which gives the lower seats a bad viewing angle.
I too am more of a balcony guy than a basement guy.

Locked Previous topicNext topic