Classy Trib

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
dyedblue

Classy Trib

Post by dyedblue » August 25th, 2013, 8:44 am

Seriously? How does this happen in a "major" newspaper.
Attachments
image.jpg

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

nismo1616
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Re: Classy Trib

Post by nismo1616 » August 25th, 2013, 8:50 am

They even used Weber States new logo, pretty disappointing... :headscratch:

travelingagg

Post by travelingagg » August 25th, 2013, 9:18 am

Here's a list of sports editors who need to be emailed about correcting this error prior to their next post. I will send them an email now:

Joe Baird | Sports Editor | jbaird@sltrib.com
Jenna Busey | Sports Copy Editor | jbusey@sltrib.com
Kyle Goon | Sports Desk, USU reporter | kgoon@sltrib.com
Eric Walden | Sports Copy Editor | ewalden@sltrib.com

Jordan Nathan’s #27 Fan

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » August 25th, 2013, 10:17 am

Sent

aggiefan4ever44

Post by aggiefan4ever44 » August 25th, 2013, 11:03 am

Just goes to show that since Tony Jones got reassigned USU's coverage has become crap. I wish they would put someone on USU that didn't cover so many other things.

trevordude
Pick'em Champ - '22 FB Predict The Score

Post by trevordude » August 25th, 2013, 1:03 pm

I also emailed them

Not sent from Tapatalk

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » August 27th, 2013, 1:32 pm

Joe Baird sent me an email yesterday. I thought of how to respond to it but was so shocked by his response I wasn't sure what to write so I'll just post it here. For the record, Kyle Goon's twitter apology was very well done.
We must be looking at different sports sections. I see no USU logo, with the schedule or elsewhere, in our Sunday college football section. We don't generally use them. The photos we used inside were from last season. For the cover shoot, we borrowed a uniform and helmet from USU. What you see is what they gave us. If they have a new uniform and helmet logo, they didn't share it with us.

Hope that helps.
Half an hour later...
Just figured it out. You're referring to the helmet logo on the page 2 schedule.It is out of date. We'll fix it.
Is it so hard to admit you screwed up? At first you didn't print it, then they were photos from last year, then usu gave you the uniforms to use, then USU didn't share the right logo with you...oh and finally you just made a mistake that was 5 years old because we have had blue face masks for at least that long.

“The winning team has a dedication. It will have a core of veteran players who set the standards. They will not accept defeat.” --Merlin Olsen

glendayle

Post by glendayle » August 27th, 2013, 1:36 pm

I don't think they were entirely trying to be accurate with the helmets. Utah doesn't even have white helmets. I don't have a problem with them slapping a logo on the side of a generic helmet for what they are doing. They should have the correct logo though which he appears to be addressing.

dyedblue

Post by dyedblue » August 27th, 2013, 2:06 pm

glendayle wrote:I don't think they were entirely trying to be accurate with the helmets. Utah doesn't even have white helmets. I don't have a problem with them slapping a logo on the side of a generic helmet for what they are doing. They should have the correct logo though which he appears to be addressing.
I agree and would not have thought anything of it had it had the right logo. BYU's does have the correct face mask. Utah's is white because the red (black) would not show up well in print.

tkmad

Post by tkmad » August 27th, 2013, 2:49 pm

I did notice today that when you buy tickets online from USU you see the old logo while the page is working on finding you tickets.

CedarAg

Post by CedarAg » August 27th, 2013, 4:57 pm

dyedblue wrote:Seriously? How does this happen in a "major" newspaper.
I guess we have to conclude that they are not a Major Newspaper :(

Roll Aggies!!!!

Locked Previous topicNext topic