Pulled Offer

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ACCAggie
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Pulled Offer

Post by ACCAggie » January 27th, 2014, 9:27 pm

eddynero reporting we pulled an offer on twitter. Also LaJuan Hunt's twitter profile is conspicuously absent any USU mention. Anyone got info on this? I really hope it isn't this kid, or we have really done him wrong!

GeoAg

Re: Pulled Offer

Post by GeoAg » January 27th, 2014, 9:47 pm

Not a fan of this. Better be a no-brainer. Even then, not a fan. Between this and pulling Jeanty's visit, we are going to get a bad rep in Florida.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » January 27th, 2014, 9:57 pm

Wow. That is really bad and inexcusable. I will lose a ton of respect for Wells.

I hope this isn't true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seldomseensmith

Post by Seldomseensmith » January 27th, 2014, 9:59 pm

I believe we've pulled offers before when a player verbals, but still wants to keep his options open and take other visits.

Not saying that happened here, but just for speculation say that it was Hunt, and he still wanted to take a visit to say, FAU. But we need a RB and don't want to get caught at the last minute with no other options if he decides to change his mind. So we say ok, if you take the visit we don't consider the verbal valid, and will go with another RB if possible. Something like that. I don't see a thing wrong with that.

eddynero

Post by eddynero » January 27th, 2014, 10:02 pm

Seldomseensmith wrote:I believe we've pulled offers before when a player verbals, but still wants to keep his options open and take other visits.

Not saying that happened here, but just for speculation say that it was Hunt, and he still wanted to take a visit to say, FAU. But we need a RB and don't want to get caught at the last minute with no other options if he decides to change his mind. So we say ok, if you take the visit we don't consider the verbal valid, and will go with another RB if possible. Something like that. I don't see a thing wrong with that.
Last edited by eddynero on January 28th, 2014, 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Agzrule

Post by Agzrule » January 27th, 2014, 10:03 pm

Seldomseensmith wrote:I believe we've pulled offers before when a player verbals, but still wants to keep his options open and take other visits.

Amen brother!

aspear

Post by aspear » January 27th, 2014, 10:03 pm

I especially hope it isn't Lajuan, he already had some top notch commitment/love to/for USU.

*Edited to remove info already posted

Seldomseensmith

Post by Seldomseensmith » January 27th, 2014, 10:08 pm

eddynero wrote:

Not what happened! This is USU thinking they have bagged a better recruit.
Well, no offense, but I have to give Wells the benefit of the doubt until we know more.

smileyface

Post by smileyface » January 27th, 2014, 10:10 pm

I'm personally nervous. I could see this seriously hurting our Florida pipeline. If only because he was so stoked to come here. I also agree that it's concerning to see that he's gone from all Aggie Football to cars and (assuming) sisters.

Self-appointed Lord of Aggie Football Wikipedia. Please visit at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_State_Aggies_football and feel free to make accuracy changes.

BeNo

Post by BeNo » January 27th, 2014, 10:14 pm

Ignorant question. Had either committed yet?

osuaggie

Post by osuaggie » January 27th, 2014, 10:15 pm

I agree, it makes us look bad and could hurt our overall recruiting. Sad situation for the kid whose offer was pulled.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » January 27th, 2014, 10:17 pm

BeNo wrote:Ignorant question. Had either committed yet?
Yes, Lajuan Hunt had committed.

I think we were already holding a spot open for Hervey. It might or might not be another RB. It better be a very good get...and then I will still be pissed. Loved Hunt.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » January 27th, 2014, 10:20 pm

I know the coaches know better than me, but even if they felt there was better talent than Lajuan Hunt I would've loved to have seen him on the team. I love those vocal guys that are from places like Florida that love and rep USU. I think it leaves a good impression and promotes USU in areas we that could help that USU typically wouldn't get much exposure.

I think it's great to have a few guys like Lajuan Hunt on the team, even if they aren't huge contributors. It helps create a very positive environment. I will be very disappointed if it's him.
Last edited by Roy McAvoy on January 27th, 2014, 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

antibluehair

Post by antibluehair » January 27th, 2014, 10:28 pm

Better be Hervey and Penny and another visitor to warrant pulling an offer

smfdaggie

Post by smfdaggie » January 27th, 2014, 10:33 pm

Isn't there a HS in Texas that won't allow Washington State into their school to recruit based off of a similar situation with a DB we ended up with? I am hoping it was a mutual agreement by both parties. Not good if we dogged Hunt or any young man that put their faith in USU by committing. :nono:

ineptimusprime

Post by ineptimusprime » January 27th, 2014, 10:38 pm

Pulling an offer to an uncommitted athlete is acceptable. Pulling an offer to a committed athlete is just low.

I don't care who it is, you don't do that.

Aggiesun

Post by Aggiesun » January 27th, 2014, 10:41 pm

I'm hoping it was mutual or previously understood by the commit. Especially if they've announced and told friends/family. Hope they can land in a good situation somewhere

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » January 27th, 2014, 10:47 pm

Man... thus is really bad. He was the most excited commit to be an Aggie that I've ever seen. He was recruiting Myers for us immediately after committing.

GeorgiaAggie

Post by GeorgiaAggie » January 27th, 2014, 10:49 pm

Do we know it was Hunt or just a hunch?

Aggiesun

Pulled Offer

Post by Aggiesun » January 27th, 2014, 10:51 pm

GeorgiaAggie wrote:Do we know it was Hunt or just a hunch?
If he pulled all of his comments from twitter, it's a fairly good sign

Edit: good sign of a bad thing. Bad sign?
Last edited by Aggiesun on January 27th, 2014, 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sr. Tubastank

Post by Sr. Tubastank » January 27th, 2014, 10:51 pm

We really know nothing......

@Call_It_Ustate

aspear

Post by aspear » January 27th, 2014, 10:55 pm

all his re tweets and his post declaring commitment are still up. Profile pic and banner have changed though. I guess we'll see.

AggieAddict

Post by AggieAddict » January 27th, 2014, 10:56 pm

smfdaggie wrote:Isn't there a HS in Texas that won't allow Washington State into their school to recruit based off of a similar situation with a DB we ended up with? I am hoping it was a mutual agreement by both parties. Not good if we dogged Hunt or any young man that put their faith in USU by committing. :nono:
Yes, Mike Leach did this to Myron Turner and the head coach at Desoto said Leach wasn't welcome back. I really hope this isn't true, we aren't a program that can get away with these types of recruiting tactics. We need to be looked at as a school that is committed and loyal to the kids we recruit.

eddynero

Post by eddynero » January 27th, 2014, 10:57 pm

dsjadka;sjd
Last edited by eddynero on January 28th, 2014, 12:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sr. Tubastank

Post by Sr. Tubastank » January 27th, 2014, 10:59 pm

If my memory serves me right, Coach Wells never sent out a tweet about Hunts "commitment"

@Call_It_Ustate

GeorgiaAggie

Post by GeorgiaAggie » January 27th, 2014, 11:01 pm

I'm disappointed for him...he was really excited to be coming here. Hopefully his other offers are still there for him. This really looks ugly for all concerned.

LKGates

Post by LKGates » January 27th, 2014, 11:06 pm

Sr. Tubastank wrote:We really know nothing......
I agree. Hold your fire until we know all the facts.

I have confidence in Matt Wells. I think he is an honorable man. I don't think he would pull the rug out from under a kid for no good reason. And he's no dummy. As has been pointed out, doing something like Leach pulled at Wazzu hurts your credibilty in the long run. Wells is smart enough to know that. Give the man some credit.

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

MacAggie

Post by MacAggie » January 27th, 2014, 11:07 pm

Aggiesun wrote:
GeorgiaAggie wrote:Do we know it was Hunt or just a hunch?
If he pulled all of his comments from twitter, it's a fairly good sign

Edit: good sign of a bad thing. Bad sign?
On his twitter he still has his posts up from the SDSU game and pictures of when his trip and everything too... So take that for what it is.

3rdGenAggie
Pick'em Champ - '16 Kickoff

Post by 3rdGenAggie » January 27th, 2014, 11:10 pm

Sr. Tubastank wrote:If my memory serves me right, Coach Wells never sent out a tweet about Hunts "commitment"
This is what I was just realizing. I'd be willing to bet it plays in, in some way if it is LaJuan that got his offer pulled. Just spitballing here, but it could be that his offer was conditional, or that the commitment wasn't actually as "official" as we all thought it was because of his excitement.

Regardless, I was looking forward to this kid being an Aggie. I'll be bummed if he doesn't become one.

"I have no idea what I'm doing, but I know I'm doing it really, really well." -Andy Dwyer

Sr. Tubastank

Post by Sr. Tubastank » January 27th, 2014, 11:13 pm

Everybody...look at Coach Wells twitter...He never tweeted out an #AggieUp 754 or 954 area code. Seems simple to me.

@Call_It_Ustate

MetsJetsAggies

Post by MetsJetsAggies » January 27th, 2014, 11:19 pm

Sr. Tubastank wrote:Everybody...look at Coach Wells twitter...He never tweeted out an #AggieUp 754 or 954 area code. Seems simple to me.
Also tweeted #909 twice...but in 2 diff tweets. Could've mistaken one of those

Sr. Tubastank

Post by Sr. Tubastank » January 27th, 2014, 11:34 pm

MetsJetsAggies wrote:
Sr. Tubastank wrote:Everybody...look at Coach Wells twitter...He never tweeted out an #AggieUp 754 or 954 area code. Seems simple to me.
Also tweeted #909 twice...but in 2 diff tweets. Could've mistaken one of those
Those were tweeted a day after Hunt committed...Ok, I am done speculating. Moving on.

@Call_It_Ustate

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » January 28th, 2014, 12:20 am

If memory serves, Gary pulled a couple of offers on kids that were playing him. If a kid is still looking for a better-looking girl, I fully support saying, thanks, but no thanks.

I wonder, when we pull an offer does Wells tweet, "Aggies got worse! [area code]"?

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » January 28th, 2014, 12:51 am

Looks like Eddy's twitter account has been shut down and he is cleaning up his posts relative to this subject. Don't know what happened, but here is what I do know...

-I will be bummed if Lajuan is not an Aggie in some capacity
-There is likely more to this story than we know and at this point I trust the coaches. Would seem odd to pull a Mike Leach just a year after benefiting with Myron Turner. If it is just a case of a huge difference maker and you need to make room, what do you do? Hard decision at the way around.
-I've always appreciated Eddy's info and hope he can continue to provide in the future

BleedAggieBlue0
Pick'em Champ - '14 Bowl

Post by BleedAggieBlue0 » January 28th, 2014, 1:12 am

GeoAg wrote:Looks like Eddy's twitter account has been shut down and he is cleaning up his posts relative to this subject. Don't know what happened, but here is what I do know...

-I will be bummed if Lajuan is not an Aggie in some capacity
-There is likely more to this story than we know and at this point I trust the coaches. Would seem odd to pull a Mike Leach just a year after benefiting with Myron Turner. If it is just a case of a huge difference maker and you need to make room, what do you do? Hard decision at the way around.
-I've always appreciated Eddy's info and hope he can continue to provide in the future
:shock:

Locked Previous topicNext topic