WAC Tourney Attendance - Vegas vs. Reno

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.

Are you more likely to attend the WAC Tournament in Las Vegas as opposed to Reno?

QUESTION 1
3%
I am going to Vegas and I also went to Reno last year
19%
I am going to Vegas but I didn't go to Reno last year
18%
I am not going to Vegas but I did go to Reno last year
4%
I am not going to Vegas and I didn't go to Reno last year
11%
QUESTION 2
2%
I am MORE likely to attend a tournament in Vegas as opposed to Reno
40%
I am LESS likely to attend a tournament in Vegas as opposed to Reno
4%

Total votes: 151

Mr. Sneelock

WAC Tourney Attendance - Vegas vs. Reno

Post by Mr. Sneelock » February 7th, 2011, 4:42 pm

I am curious about whether more Aggie fans will attend the WAC Tournament in Vegas as opposed to Reno. I attended in Reno and I am going to Vegas, but I think all things being equal, I would definitely be more likely to attend in Vegas. Please answer one of the first four options, and then answer one of the last two options.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

Mr. Sneelock

Re: WAC Tourney Attendance - Vegas vs. Reno

Post by Mr. Sneelock » February 7th, 2011, 4:53 pm

OK, who's the (I can't express myself without swearing) that voted for "Question 1"?

Formerly TulsAGGIE

WAAggie

Post by WAAggie » February 7th, 2011, 4:59 pm

No WAC tourney games for me, but do i get credit for attending our last two NCAA games? Vegas is calling my name. If I could get better airfare prices closer to the game days, I may be in. Leaving on Wed, returning on Mon. is just too much time from work. :(

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » February 7th, 2011, 5:02 pm

I went to Reno back in 2006 and it was a long and miserable drive. Even though the tournament was great, I haven't been able to bring myself to make that trip again. I would much rather go to Vegas and will be there this year.

Agsman

Post by Agsman » February 7th, 2011, 5:10 pm

I was in the process of getting tickets for this year, but the Mrs is expecting. Not a drive I want to get caught in labor somewhere. Never went to Reno.

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » February 7th, 2011, 6:28 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:OK, who's the (I can't express myself without swearing) that voted for "Question 1"?

not I. i am a question 2 man, through and through.

AGGZILLA

Post by AGGZILLA » February 7th, 2011, 6:59 pm

Mr. Sneelock wrote:OK, who's the (I can't express myself without swearing) that voted for "Question 1"?

Better yet, who's the dope that voted that they'd prefer to have the tourney in Reno?? Even if I lived in Reno, I still would rather have the tourney in Vegas.

"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

buckfever
RIP

Post by buckfever » February 7th, 2011, 7:04 pm

this will be my 23rd consecutive usu conference tourney attendance...I even withstood the dreary lost crotches new mexico 2 years of hell, beat that with a pinatastick! I would only pass on the tourney if it were in antartica...unless penguins were in season of course

buckfever
RIP

Post by buckfever » February 7th, 2011, 7:06 pm

I also attended several tourneys before going to dental school in va....even flew back for one tourney whilst there

QuackAttackAggie
Pick'em Champ - '12, '22 Bowl; '15, '17 Weekly; '18 BB Predict the Score; '22 Kickoff

Post by QuackAttackAggie » February 7th, 2011, 7:11 pm

that is great, buckfever. i've only been to one. I'm from vegas, but i can't miss class to go back. my family will be on a cruise during it anyway.

Cuchelain

Post by Cuchelain » February 7th, 2011, 11:57 pm

Everyone who is concerned about missing work/school should realize that we're only talking about one day here. We play friday and saturday and that's it. Now I realize that some people can't take that one day off but for everyone else this should be way easier than a three game tourney.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » February 8th, 2011, 7:15 am

QuackAttackAggie wrote:that is great, buckfever. i've only been to one. I'm from vegas, but i can't miss class to go back. my family will be on a cruise during it anyway.
Perfect opportunity to hold a HUGE PARTY at their house.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » February 8th, 2011, 7:19 am

I've been to every WAC Tournament since our last tournament in Las Vegas, with the exception of two whilst I was out of the country.

Anyone remember what year we last played in the Thomas and Mack Center in Vegas?

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » February 8th, 2011, 7:33 am

treesap32 wrote:I've been to every WAC Tournament since our last tournament in Las Vegas, with the exception of two whilst I was out of the country.

Anyone remember what year we last played in the Thomas and Mack Center in Vegas?
Just looked it up. It was the 1994-95 season. So this year will be my 15th tournament (17-2).

cache-aggie

Post by cache-aggie » February 8th, 2011, 8:31 am

For me, its just nice going to a neutral site for the tournament for a change! Nothing against Reno, its been a decent enough place to host a tournament, and their students and fans have been accomodating over the years. But Las Cruces -- nothing against their fans (except their mascot), but talk about a hole! Why anyone thought they could host a tournament there is beyond my comprehension!

AgSpaceCase

Post by AgSpaceCase » February 8th, 2011, 11:49 am

Apparently question one twice a popular as question two. I thought it would be when I first selected it and started the trend (yes I am a (I can't express myself without swearing)). I just didn't think my not being able to make it to either Reno or Vegas recently applied since with being less then five years into my career with 3 kids in a high income area like Seattle i would have to hit the lottery to afford going down to the WAC tourney. $1500 ( minimum) plus tickets plus cost of whatever my family does while I am at the game just cost prohibitive right now. A close NCAA game or a bowl game just about anywhere (west of the Mississippi) and I will be there. I'd rather give the money to USU directly then to the Las Legas tourism board.

"Due to budget cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...."

BigVBAg

Post by BigVBAg » February 8th, 2011, 5:28 pm

I attended the tournament in Reno the past 2 years and am attending in Vegas this year. That said, with all things being equal, I'd much rather go to Vegas than Reno, especially since it's a neutral floor and significantly closer for me (since I live in Utah County). However, I am a bit shocked by the high ticket prices, and am a bit worried about the attendance due to those prices. Still, I think the move to Vegas was the right one.

Mr. Sneelock

Post by Mr. Sneelock » February 9th, 2011, 8:58 am

BigVBAg wrote:I attended the tournament in Reno the past 2 years and am attending in Vegas this year. That said, with all things being equal, I'd much rather go to Vegas than Reno, especially since it's a neutral floor and significantly closer for me (since I live in Utah County). However, I am a bit shocked by the high ticket prices, and am a bit worried about the attendance due to those prices. Still, I think the move to Vegas was the right one.
The all-session prices aren't any higher this year than they were last.

Formerly TulsAGGIE

BigVBAg

Post by BigVBAg » February 9th, 2011, 11:28 am

Mr. Sneelock wrote:
BigVBAg wrote:I attended the tournament in Reno the past 2 years and am attending in Vegas this year. That said, with all things being equal, I'd much rather go to Vegas than Reno, especially since it's a neutral floor and significantly closer for me (since I live in Utah County). However, I am a bit shocked by the high ticket prices, and am a bit worried about the attendance due to those prices. Still, I think the move to Vegas was the right one.
The all-session prices aren't any higher this year than they were last.
The individual session tickets cost more which is what I was planning on getting this year with the new tournament format. I also thought the all-session passes last year were $175 no matter where they were located whereas this year, the best seats are obviously more:
Level P1 (Courtside) $500
Level P2 ( first six rows - Sec. 103 - 05, 115 - 17) $200
Level P3 (Sec. 102 – 118; end zone) $175

I guess this is just one more thing we can blame on Scott Barnes in his effort to destroy Aggie Athletics. :joking:

jdubb12
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by jdubb12 » February 9th, 2011, 11:54 am

FWIW, USU has sold nearly double the amount of all-session passes this year than the two previous years. Sounds like Vegas is causing more people to go, which isn't a surprise.

Locked Previous topicNext topic