TV for Utah and Washington

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
ProvoAggie
Site Admin

TV for Utah and Washington

Post by ProvoAggie » June 1st, 2015, 2:17 pm

Utah will be Friday, September 11 on ESPN2 at 7:00
Washington will be Saturday, September 19 on P12 Network at 3:00.

GeorgiaAggie

Re: TV for Utah and Washington

Post by GeorgiaAggie » June 1st, 2015, 3:37 pm

Shoot. I wouldn't think that DirecTV will have the Pac-12 Network by then.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » June 1st, 2015, 3:45 pm

GeorgiaAggie wrote:Shoot. I wouldn't think that DirecTV will have the Pac-12 Network by then.
I doubt DirecTV will ever get the P12 network. The P12 network won't give up their content for free and DirecTV won't pay for it.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » June 1st, 2015, 3:54 pm

11 of 12 games on national TV so far. 6 games on ESPN networks with a possibility of 2 more (championship and bowl game). Any chance ROOT sports picks up the SUU game?

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

parkrob78
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by parkrob78 » June 1st, 2015, 3:56 pm

GeoAg wrote:11 of 12 games on national TV so far. 6 games on ESPN networks with a possibility of 2 more (championship and bowl game). Any chance ROOT sports picks up the SUU game?
I think it's very likely someone, most likely ROOT, picks up the SUU game. Its a thursday night game at the beginning of Football season when fans are starving for any game.

paaron46

Post by paaron46 » June 1st, 2015, 4:08 pm

Kinda sucks that the UW game is so close to the the time of the Top of Utah Marathon. I'll have to make sure I run it fast I guess.

Twitter: @AaronPeck

AggieVoice

Post by AggieVoice » June 1st, 2015, 4:23 pm

We are big time. That's all.

LKGates

Post by LKGates » June 1st, 2015, 4:28 pm

I will be organizing a caravan from Salem, Oregon. We can do a day trip. If we leave by 8:00, we can be there at noon. We should be back by midnight. I'd like to try and get a block of tickets together.

Freelance adventurer and international man of mystery.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » June 1st, 2015, 4:44 pm

paaron46 wrote:Kinda sucks that the UW game is so close to the the time of the Top of Utah Marathon. I'll have to make sure I run it fast I guess.
I have always thought that marathoners were crazy, but when you even think for a second about putting Aggie football lower in priority than a marathon you have crossed a line that should never be crossed.

That said, hats off to you. I wish my body could do that!

paaron46

Post by paaron46 » June 1st, 2015, 4:59 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:
paaron46 wrote:Kinda sucks that the UW game is so close to the the time of the Top of Utah Marathon. I'll have to make sure I run it fast I guess.
I have always thought that marathoners were crazy, but when you even think for a second about putting Aggie football lower in priority than a marathon you have crossed a line that should never be crossed.

That said, hats off to you. I wish my body could do that!
ha. Thanks. The marathon starts at 7am so I should be done in enough time. Hopefully. If I don't die.

Twitter: @AaronPeck

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » June 2nd, 2015, 12:11 am

My daughter moved to Everett Washington a few months ago after her husband got hired by Boeing. She's due to deliver our first grand child on September 19th! Fantastic timing. Kill two birds with one stone (so to speak)! :) Momma can be there for the delivery and I can be at the game. :thumbsup:

glendayle

Post by glendayle » June 2nd, 2015, 1:08 am

Smokin Joe wrote:My daughter moved to Everett Washington a few months ago after her husband got hired by Boeing. She's due to deliver our first grand child on September 19th! Fantastic timing. Kill two birds with one stone (so to speak)! :) Momma can be there for the delivery and I can be at the game. :thumbsup:
My wife wasn't very happy that the doctor and I were watching the Pro Bowl while my wife was in labor. I guess you win some you lose some. Always winning when watching football. :)

AgSpaceCase

Post by AgSpaceCase » June 2nd, 2015, 1:18 am

As a 9 year employee of the Everett site I welcome the additional Aggies to the Boeing family.

"Due to budget cutbacks the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off...."

89LaytonAg

Post by 89LaytonAg » June 2nd, 2015, 7:41 am

So, do we get bonus money for the Utah game or is that only Saturdays or home games?

smileyface

Post by smileyface » June 2nd, 2015, 7:44 am

Wiki updated.
</shameless_plug>

Self-appointed Lord of Aggie Football Wikipedia. Please visit at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utah_State_Aggies_football and feel free to make accuracy changes.

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » June 2nd, 2015, 7:45 am

89LaytonAg wrote:So, do we get bonus money for the Utah game or is that only Saturdays or home games?
It's only games controlled by the MWC contract, so games played in MWC stadiums. We won't get a bonus for this one.

Chatman

Post by Chatman » June 2nd, 2015, 9:11 am

Let's hope the Colorado State game is a noon game and not an evening game. General Priesthood meeting will kill attendance if it is an evening game.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » June 2nd, 2015, 9:24 am

Chatman wrote:Let's hope the Colorado State game is a noon game and not an evening game. General Priesthood meeting will kill attendance if it is an evening game.
Hate to break it to ya, but there are 2 other conference sessions earlier that day too. Putting a game on that day was just poor scheduling.

Chatman

Post by Chatman » June 2nd, 2015, 10:12 am

aceofspadeskb wrote:
Chatman wrote:Let's hope the Colorado State game is a noon game and not an evening game. General Priesthood meeting will kill attendance if it is an evening game.
Hate to break it to ya, but there are 2 other conference sessions earlier that day too. Putting a game on that day was just poor scheduling.
Earlier in the day people will come to the game and miss the Saturday sessions. However Priesthood session is going to trump going to a game in many instances for the LDS folk.

satireag

Post by satireag » June 2nd, 2015, 10:15 am

Any chance they would have general conference broadcast simultaneously on the jumbotron?

AggieVoice

Post by AggieVoice » June 2nd, 2015, 10:26 am

Would a 6:00 kickoff right during priesthood or an 8:15 kickoff right after priesthood but later get more people there? I've already got permission from my wife to attend the game no matter what the time:) Conference is available anytime anywhere, home football games happen 6 times a year.

tetonaggie

Post by tetonaggie » June 2nd, 2015, 10:52 am

A few years ago Utah played Washington on conference Saturday and the game started right around the time of Priesthood session (I think around 5pm). The Institute at the U got permission to broadcast the Priesthood session at the institute building after the game was over and it worked out well. I had free tickets to the game and took my then 8-9 year old son, we enjoyed a good Utah beat down by Washington then walked over to the institute building with a sea of red to enjoy Priesthood session. I would hope that if the game cannot be scheduled early in the day that USU could get this worked out, if the U can figure it out we should be able to also. Plus, with the two huge Churches right next to the stadium we could accomodate quite few people.

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » June 2nd, 2015, 10:57 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

“Apathy and tolerance are the final virtues of a dying society.” - Aristotle

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » June 2nd, 2015, 10:58 am

I don't buy that for a second, new thing out called a DVR.

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » June 2nd, 2015, 10:59 am

Three letters...

DVR, available for all three conference sessions on Saturday.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

glendayle

Post by glendayle » June 2nd, 2015, 11:07 am

GeoAg wrote:Three letters...

6 letters

ENSIGN

I prefer to read the talks anyway, so I just wait for the magazine or go online to read them. You don't even have to DVR the talks since they are all posted on lds.org immediately.

tetonaggie

Post by tetonaggie » June 2nd, 2015, 11:18 am

glendayle wrote:
GeoAg wrote:Three letters...

6 letters

ENSIGN

I prefer to read the talks anyway, so I just wait for the magazine or go online to read them. You don't even have to DVR the talks since they are all posted on lds.org immediately.
I agree DVR, Ensign, watch online later, etc...are all good choices and each works for me, but there are many it will not work for. Having another option that is as close to the real thing (meeting at a church with fellow priesthood holders) even if it is not "live" would fill that gap for those people and ultimately help with attendance, which is the problem we are trying to solve. Plus, I think it would be really fun to walk across the street with a bunch of you to watch Priesthood session after a great win over CSU.

ususports

Post by ususports » June 2nd, 2015, 12:14 pm

I posted the following on another thread that had this same discussion a few weeks ago. DVR is great, but you can't DVR traditions. I personally would go to an earlier game and then watch the first two sessions of conference at a later time. However, I would not miss going to priesthood session and dinner after with my family. It was just pointed out that there are only six home games per year, but there are only two priesthood sessions per year. There isn't a right or wrong answer to this. We all have our own beliefs and determine on our own what is most important to us. I think most on this board are mature enough to respect both decisions. Unfortunately, ESPN gets to choose the kickoff time, so it really doesn't matter.

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » June 2nd, 2015, 12:36 pm

I'm all for starting new traditions.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » June 2nd, 2015, 12:42 pm

ususports wrote:I posted the following on another thread that had this same discussion a few weeks ago. DVR is great, but you can't DVR traditions. I personally would go to an earlier game and then watch the first two sessions of conference at a later time. However, I would not miss going to priesthood session and dinner after with my family. It was just pointed out that there are only six home games per year, but there are only two priesthood sessions per year. There isn't a right or wrong answer to this. We all have our own beliefs and determine on our own what is most important to us. I think most on this board are mature enough to respect both decisions. Unfortunately, ESPN gets to choose the kickoff time, so it really doesn't matter.
Is this a common practice or tradition for priesthood session in Utah? I honestly didn't know things like this went on. I was always under the impression that priesthood session was sort of like Stake Conference.....free weekend!

DCS

Post by DCS » June 2nd, 2015, 12:58 pm

Aglicious wrote:
ususports wrote:I posted the following on another thread that had this same discussion a few weeks ago. DVR is great, but you can't DVR traditions. I personally would go to an earlier game and then watch the first two sessions of conference at a later time. However, I would not miss going to priesthood session and dinner after with my family. It was just pointed out that there are only six home games per year, but there are only two priesthood sessions per year. There isn't a right or wrong answer to this. We all have our own beliefs and determine on our own what is most important to us. I think most on this board are mature enough to respect both decisions. Unfortunately, ESPN gets to choose the kickoff time, so it really doesn't matter.
Is this a common practice or tradition for priesthood session in Utah? I honestly didn't know things like this went on. I was always under the impression that priesthood session was sort of like Stake Conference.....free weekend!
Having worked in a few restaurants in Utah, this is a very common thing. The worst groups are those that have women come in and save seats for the men. Half of a party just clogs everything up for a restaurant and makes it slower for everyone.

This is just me (I can't express myself without swearing), but if you go out to eat have at least 75% of your group there before being sat. More and more restaurants are requiring everyone to be there before being seated for this reason. (Groups not just priesthood groups)

treesap32

Post by treesap32 » June 2nd, 2015, 3:04 pm

I haven't lived within hundreds of miles of any family for several years now. Priesthood session for me was awkwardly going to the stake center and sitting by myself. The only time it was half-enjoyable was when we beat BYU the Friday before and I went wearing my Aggie gear to rub it in to the zoobs that attend.

Needless to say, I now just watch at home on my couch.

aggieguy13

Post by aggieguy13 » June 2nd, 2015, 3:45 pm

There's no tradition so great that it can't be enhanced by the addition of Aggie football.

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » June 4th, 2015, 11:32 am

As a non LDS, I have to ask aren't those long things boring. I tried a couple times to watch out of curiosity, but those old guys are dull.

Jjoey52

Post by Jjoey52 » June 4th, 2015, 11:33 am

Please do not take offense, but I have wondered for a long time about that.

Locked Previous topicNext topic