Draft Predictions

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Coloraggie

Draft Predictions

Post by Coloraggie » April 12th, 2016, 9:05 am

Just wanted to post a couple of draft predictions and USU players.

WalterFootball.com has Fackrell as 2nd round 54th pick to Mineesota and Vigil as 56th pick to Seattle. How awesome would that be to have Wagner and Vigil playing in the same linebacking corps?
http://walterfootball.com/draft2016_2.php

DraftSite.com has Fackrell in 3rd round pick 88 to Green Bay. Vigil going 6th round pick pick 213 to San Francisco.
http://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2016/

NewNFLDraft.com has four draft boards by various people. Tony has Fackrell 3rd round to San Francisco and Vigil in Round 5 to San Francisco. That would be cool for them to continue to play together but I think it is highly unlikely.
Tyler has Fackrell 3rd round to the Bears. No Vigil in 4 round mock
John E has Fackrell 3rd round to San Fran. Vigil 4th round to the LA Rams.
Wes has Fackrell 4th round to Cleveland (please no, no need to waste talent in that organization). No Vigil in 4 round mock.
http://newnfldraft.com/nfl-mock-draft-database/

So it looks like consensus is that Fackrell will be 3rd round. Vigil could go anywhere. I'd look at more mock drafts but I do have to work at some time.

YoungBloodAggie

Re: Draft Predictions

Post by YoungBloodAggie » April 12th, 2016, 9:26 am

It sounds like these are more obscure websites making these predictions. From what I've seen, ESPN isn't very high on either guy. What do the established sports media figures think about our guys?

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » April 12th, 2016, 9:33 am

YoungBloodAggie wrote:It sounds like these are more obscure websites making these predictions. From what I've seen, ESPN isn't very high on either guy. What do the established sports media figures think about our guys?

Walter Football isn't obscure at all.

And thanks for the info Coloraggie.

Texasaggie1
Has thanked: 0

Post by Texasaggie1 » April 12th, 2016, 12:47 pm

Interestingly enough I believe your "established sports media figures" whiff just as badly or sometimes worse than your no names. I liked this article:
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/1/1 ... -mcshay-in

My favorite line "One of the reasons we are so wary of mock drafters and draft analysts is that most of their predictions for the draft inevitably look silly once those predictions are compared with the actual draft results. But that applies to all draftniks, and odds are that the one draft analyst you trust above all others is just as inaccurate as all the other draft analysts you dislike so much.

Much like this forum it creates conversation to pass the time until the season comes around again

providencealum

Post by providencealum » April 12th, 2016, 2:43 pm

Texasaggie1 wrote:Interestingly enough I believe your "established sports media figures" whiff just as badly or sometimes worse than your no names. I liked this article:
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2016/1/1 ... -mcshay-in

My favorite line "One of the reasons we are so wary of mock drafters and draft analysts is that most of their predictions for the draft inevitably look silly once those predictions are compared with the actual draft results. But that applies to all draftniks, and odds are that the one draft analyst you trust above all others is just as inaccurate as all the other draft analysts you dislike so much.

Much like this forum it creates conversation to pass the time until the season comes around again
I agree. Remember how Seattle was blasted for their draft a few years ago? I think ESPN gave them like a D grade. We all know how that has turned out.

Coloraggie

Post by Coloraggie » April 13th, 2016, 1:56 pm

This is why I tried to provide several draft boards. One obscure site I don't trust. But 6 obscure pickers with the same results starts to lend some credence because they are getting info from somewhere. Also, the BIG GUYS who do draft predictions rarely go past the first round, some go to second round but it doesn't help much if you are looking for 3rd round or later. I took what I could and I see a consensus on Fackrell. Vigil was all over the place so I don't know what to think.

Locked Previous topicNext topic