The Last Time We Beat BYU In Logan

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Floppy Hat
Pick'em Champ - '15,'19 FB Predict the Score; '17 Kickoff; '18 Weekly; '19 Bowl
Has thanked: 0

The Last Time We Beat BYU In Logan

Post by Floppy Hat » September 26th, 2017, 12:41 am

October 1, 2010
[youtube][/youtube]

Three things:
- Kyle Gallagher was flying around out there like he had a spare body in his closet.
- Almost a week before this game, the night after we lost to San Diego State, Gary Andersen collapsed in his home reportedly due to exhaustion from over working to turn our program around. I remember there was some talk that he wouldn't be able to be on the sidelines for this game but he was there. You can see in the video, as the fans storm the field, he has a bunch of assistants standing around him to keep him safe.
- Also, Chuckie Keeton was on a visit to Utah State and was in attendance at this game. He would go on to say repeatedly that the energy and thrill from us winning this game was a key reason why he came to Utah State.

AggieSkiBum

Re: The Last Time We Beat BYU In Logan

Post by AggieSkiBum » September 26th, 2017, 5:37 am

I wasn't there, but I heard that BYu-p fired half of their coaches after this game? How many coaches get fired if they lose again this Friday? :)

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » September 26th, 2017, 8:34 am

AggieSkiBum wrote:I wasn't there, but I heard that BYu-p fired half of their coaches after this game? How many coaches get fired if they lose again this Friday? :)
They didn't fire half of their coaches but they did fire their Defensive Coordinator.
https://www.deseretnews.com/article/700 ... fired.html

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » September 26th, 2017, 9:08 am

Jake Heaps the future of the program! It's hard to believe that Derrvin Speight started over Kerwynn Williams. Hindsight is always 20/20.

AggiesForever
Pick'em Champ - '15 Kickoff

Post by AggiesForever » September 26th, 2017, 9:52 am

Dervin Speight was a very productive back and Kerwynn was a freshman. This was the year Robert Turbin sat out due to a foot injury, if memory serves.

AGGZILLA

Post by AGGZILLA » September 26th, 2017, 10:09 am

AggiesForever wrote:Dervin Speight was a very productive back and Kerwynn was a freshman. This was the year Robert Turbin sat out due to a foot injury, if memory serves.
Michael Smith was also out, as he suffered a season-ending injury in the Fresno game the week prior to the SDSU fiasco, and two weeks before BYU. Fortunately, he didn't play enough of the season so that he could still receive a medical hardship. It's also worth noting that Stanley Morrison and Matt Austin were also out for the season due to injuries and wouldn't return until 2011.

"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

aggiesdotcom

Post by aggiesdotcom » September 26th, 2017, 10:15 am

Is this the game that BYU players took a lap around the field after the game to thank their fans?

breadysmith

Post by breadysmith » September 26th, 2017, 11:16 am

Turbin blew his ACL that January doing drills. Michael Smith is the one that had hurt his foot I believe I think it may have been his toe if I remember right. I'm no gamefaqs but that is what I can recall. But 'zilla is right, we also lost Stanley Morrison that summer to the diving board, and then Matt Austin got hurt in the first game against Oklahoma when he hurt his knee.

"I'm much more comfortable criticizing people behind their backs." George Costanza

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » September 26th, 2017, 11:17 am

breadysmith wrote:Turbin blew his ACL that January doing drills. Michael Smith is the one that had hurt his foot I believe I think it may have been his toe if I remember right. I'm no gamefaqs but that is what I can recall. But 'zilla is right, we also lost Stanley Morrison that summer to the diving board, and then Matt Austin got hurt in the first game against Oklahoma when he hurt his knee.
Correct, turf toe. Ironically, it's the same injury that cost Turbin his true freshman season as well.

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » September 26th, 2017, 12:13 pm

242 rushing yards by Utah State. We will need this sort of ground game again if we are going to make 2017 a repeat of 2010 and send the Cougs home with a 1-4 record.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

inigo

Post by inigo » September 26th, 2017, 12:27 pm

"One of the stars of the future: Freshman Jake Heaps..."

:lol: :lol: :) :)

jpswensen

Post by jpswensen » September 26th, 2017, 12:36 pm

So slow hitting the hole at 4:22.

My side projects:
Internet-connected Aggie A's: www.sports-iot.com
Physics and the Pinewood Derby: www.pinewoodphysics.com

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » September 26th, 2017, 12:38 pm

jpswensen wrote:So slow hitting the hole at 4:22.
;)

aggieblue11

Post by aggieblue11 » September 26th, 2017, 3:20 pm

I just had this thought why doesn't the USU v BYU game have a moniker associated with it? We have the Battle of the Brothers, Bridgers Battle but why not with BYU?

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 26th, 2017, 3:48 pm

aggiesdotcom wrote:Is this the game that BYU players took a lap around the field after the game to thank their fans?
Nope, that was during the Guy years.

aggieblue11

Post by aggieblue11 » September 26th, 2017, 3:53 pm

NVAggie wrote:
aggiesdotcom wrote:Is this the game that BYU players took a lap around the field after the game to thank their fans?

Do you remember when there was the claim floating around that we "celebrated" our loss to them one of those years by like rushing the field or something?

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » September 26th, 2017, 4:01 pm

aggieblue11 wrote:
NVAggie wrote:

Do you remember when there was the claim floating around that we "celebrated" our loss to them one of those years by like rushing the field or something?

FloridaAggie13

Post by FloridaAggie13 » September 26th, 2017, 4:10 pm

Gary's passion after the D' stopped BYU on the 4th and 1 was a critical element in getting the players to buy into the program and turn it around. Really really needed this from Wells...alas...

Madmartigan

Post by Madmartigan » September 26th, 2017, 4:15 pm

AggiesForever wrote:Dervin Speight was a very productive back and Kerwynn was a freshman. This was the year Robert Turbin sat out due to a foot injury, if memory serves.
I believe it was an ACL. He tore it in spring camp and needed more time to rehab.

MaverickAggie

Post by MaverickAggie » September 26th, 2017, 8:27 pm

I remember this game vividly.

Twas my second year at USU, slept on the quad the night before the game, was freezing, so I could get a promised early entry into the game. Stood front row 50 yard line and screamed my lungs out for 3 straight hours. Was a glorious victory.

That game cemented my love for Aggie football for life.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » September 26th, 2017, 8:31 pm

FloridaAggie13 wrote:Gary's passion after the D' stopped BYU on the 4th and 1 was a critical element in getting the players to buy into the program and turn it around. Really really needed this from Wells...alas...
False.

Gary couldn’t win in the MW and we don’t want him back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » September 27th, 2017, 12:20 am

aggieblue11 wrote:
NVAggie wrote:

I remember. Jay Drew reported it. I emailed him about it and he responded saying he saw a guy in the field. I racked my memory, other's memories, and all the video I could find and couldn't find the guy. Must have been Sasquatch. That guy is hard to find.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » September 27th, 2017, 7:58 am

2004AG wrote:
FloridaAggie13 wrote:Gary's passion after the D' stopped BYU on the 4th and 1 was a critical element in getting the players to buy into the program and turn it around. Really really needed this from Wells...alas...
False.

For you disliking that argument you sure do bring it up everywhere you can.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

NVAggie
SJSU Ultimate Loser Award Winner - Given to someone that should probably give up but won't.

Post by NVAggie » September 27th, 2017, 8:01 am

It made you read his article and respond though. It also fed the false narrative that his readers enjoyed.

aggieaggie

Post by aggieaggie » September 27th, 2017, 9:05 am

That was the year half our secondary was gimpy. Chris Randle and Rajric Coleman both had high ankle sprains and were playing at 75% the whole season... it seemed.

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » September 27th, 2017, 10:02 am

GeoAg wrote:
aggieblue11 wrote:
NVAggie wrote:

I remember. Jay Drew reported it. I emailed him about it and he responded saying he saw a guy in the field. I racked my memory, other's memories, and all the video I could find and couldn't find the guy. Must have been Sasquatch. That guy is hard to find.
We actually posted the video of the footage directly after the game and post game on-field interviews and there was nothing, just the players and coaches. Never had I been so happy to have kept recording after the game was over. What a D-bag!

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » September 27th, 2017, 10:42 am

bigblue wrote:
2004AG wrote:
False.

For you disliking that argument you sure do bring it up everywhere you can.

Because it’s about the dumbest thing written on this board. Well, maybe the second dumbest after people saying we were going to be a better team without David Collette, than with him.

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 27th, 2017, 11:20 am

2004AG wrote:
False.

Wow...You realize don't you that the WAC was the better Sagarin Conference the year USU won it. No we'd hate to have a coach back who left a top 15 team when he moved on. The MWC has one good team this year (SDSU) a three average teams in BSU, CSU, and AFA and 7 teams that are sub 100 at best. If the Aggies and Myers play to their potential they could be right in the thing this year as bad as they got smacked around by Wisky and Wake.

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » September 27th, 2017, 11:44 am

hickaggie wrote: Wow...You realize don't you that the WAC was the better Sagarin Conference the year USU won it. No we'd hate to have a coach back who left a top 15 team when he moved on. The MWC has one good team this year (SDSU) a three average teams in BSU, CSU, and AFA and 7 teams that are sub 100 at best. If the Aggies and Myers play to their potential they could be right in the thing this year as bad as they got smacked around by Wisky and Wake.
2004AG was employing sarcasm

although I don't think it's a given that GA would win here if he were to return. not because he sucks or I don't want him, or the MWC is crazy hard, or anything else. I just think that once you've moved on, you've moved on. you can't go home again.

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » September 27th, 2017, 11:47 am

hickaggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:
False.

Wow...You realize don't you that the WAC was the better Sagarin Conference the year USU won it. No we'd hate to have a coach back who left a top 15 team when he moved on. The MWC has one good team this year (SDSU) a three average teams in BSU, CSU, and AFA and 7 teams that are sub 100 at best. If the Aggies and Myers play to their potential they could be right in the thing this year as bad as they got smacked around by Wisky and Wake.
2004 agrees with you. He just likes to bring it up that way too mock it. Not a very constructive way to position his point of you as me.

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

hickaggie

Post by hickaggie » September 27th, 2017, 11:52 am

bigblue wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:
False.

2004 agrees with you. He just likes to bring it up that way too mock it. Not a very constructive way to position his point of you as me.

Should have caught that..lol. You never know sometimes.

Psych

Post by Psych » September 27th, 2017, 12:06 pm

I was working the field for that game. Almost got taken out by that play at 4:34. Such a great memory.

Servo

Post by Servo » September 27th, 2017, 12:15 pm

Has some great clips from the 2010 post-game radio show.

[youtube][/youtube]

I'm not biased. I mock everybody.

2004AG

Post by 2004AG » September 27th, 2017, 1:11 pm

hickaggie wrote:
bigblue wrote:
hickaggie wrote:
2004AG wrote:
False.

Should have caught that..lol. You never know sometimes.
“You never know” because people say it all the time on here and it’s ridiculous.

AggieBlues

Post by AggieBlues » September 27th, 2017, 8:03 pm

Servo wrote:Has some great clips from the 2010 post-game radio show.
the

BUCK
FYU

t-shirts were great. I'd buy one.

The amount of energy necessary to refute bull pucky is an order of magnitude greater than to produce it.

Locked Previous topicNext topic