What’s next for Duryea?

This forum is for Basketball discussion only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Hoopsnut
Has thanked: 0

What’s next for Duryea?

Post by Hoopsnut » March 26th, 2018, 5:00 pm

Although I’m excited to start the Smith era, can’t help but wish the best for Duryea and hope that he finds a program that he can contribute. There’s a school in Ogden and SLC that could use his X & O’s......... best of luck in finding the right fit for the future. Good man, wrong situation.

BLUERUFiO

Re: What’s next for Duryea?

Post by BLUERUFiO » March 26th, 2018, 5:04 pm

USD, perhaps?

GO AGGIES! GO AGGIES! HEY! HEY! HEY!

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » March 26th, 2018, 5:11 pm

Hopefully he can catch on as an assistant somewhere, that is his niche.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thansen

Post by thansen » March 26th, 2018, 5:47 pm

Maybe BYU as an assistant to replace Heath Schroyer?

Maybe to Wasatch Academy as Head Coach to replace Curtis Condie who is going to become an assistant at USU?

He has a lot of potential opportunities. I wish him well. He's a great person and I appreciate his contributions to USU.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » March 26th, 2018, 6:04 pm

thansen wrote:Maybe BYU as an assistant to replace Heath Schroyer?

Maybe to Wasatch Academy as Head Coach to replace Curtis Condie who is going to become an assistant at USU?

He has a lot of potential opportunities. I wish him well. He's a great person and I appreciate his contributions to USU.

Is that definite on Connie?

thansen

Post by thansen » March 26th, 2018, 6:16 pm

Jjoey53 wrote:
March 26th, 2018, 6:04 pm
thansen wrote:Maybe BYU as an assistant to replace Heath Schroyer?

Is that definite on Connie?

No. That's my wishful thinking.

Aggie formerly in Hawaii

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » March 27th, 2018, 4:01 am

I don't agree he was a great X's and O's coach. Our offense was often messy during his tenure as HC and we routinely got beat by less talented teams.

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » March 27th, 2018, 6:13 am

One of the things I find interesting through all of this is how nearly everyone wants Duryea to be able to move on and be successful. Usually when a coach is let go the fanbase wants to run the coach out of town and could not care less what happens to the coach. The near universal sentiment seems to be that Duryea is a great guy but just the wrong person to be the head coach here.

ProvoAggie
Site Admin

Post by ProvoAggie » March 27th, 2018, 8:46 am

bwcrc wrote:
March 27th, 2018, 6:13 am
One of the things I find interesting through all of this is how nearly everyone wants Duryea to be able to move on and be successful. Usually when a coach is let go the fanbase wants to run the coach out of town and could not care less what happens to the coach. The near universal sentiment seems to be that Duryea is a great guy but just the wrong person to be the head coach here.
I don't think anyone here hates Duryea. He was a part of a lot of our successful teams here. Anyone that's met the guy will tell you that he is genuinely one of the nicest guys you'd ever meet. Even Hartwell said in his radio interview that this was one of the tougher firings because everyone likes the guy. He just wasn't getting the results we wanted.

hipsterdoofus21
Mr. Buttface

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » March 27th, 2018, 8:48 am

bwcrc wrote:
March 27th, 2018, 6:13 am
He would be the perfect women’s Bball coach.

Locked Previous topicNext topic