Seat Selection event this weekend

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Seat Selection event this weekend

Post by BigBlueDart » April 18th, 2018, 2:40 pm

BearLakeMonster and I are going to be meeting up around 1pm Saturday at Maverik Stadium during the seat selection event to try and get seats together, likely in Section 115. Anyone else interested in joining a group intent on making the craziest and most active non-student section in the stadium is welcome to join us! The more the merrier! And the louder!

ViAggie

Re: Seat Selection event this weekend

Post by ViAggie » April 18th, 2018, 3:06 pm

bummer, I'm exactly 777 miles away (door to entrance) from the stadium. No bueno por mi

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Aggiestyle

Post by Aggiestyle » April 18th, 2018, 4:23 pm

Do you need an appointment for the ticket selection event?

Aggiestyle

Post by Aggiestyle » April 18th, 2018, 4:24 pm

I meant seat selection.

BearLakeMonster

Post by BearLakeMonster » April 18th, 2018, 4:39 pm

Yes, the seat selection event is for season ticket holders. When you renewed your tickets last month, you could choose to attend the selection event if you wanted to look at options to move your seats. The ticket office then sends you an invitation to attend either Friday afternoon or Saturday, depending on your ticket seniority.

If you have season tickets and want to attend, I'd recommend calling the ticket office to see if they can schedule you a time.

"The evil I can tolerate. But the stupidity... Just knowing we're in the same genus makes me embarrassed to call myself homo!"

BigBlueDart

Post by BigBlueDart » April 18th, 2018, 5:04 pm

Yeah, they give you an appointment time, but you can come after that time, too. My appointment was for 9:20am, but I've got a family thing that morning, so I'm coming later to meet up with BLM. If someone is interested in joining the group, but can't do the seat selection thing, then there are other options (calling the University, designating a proxy, etc.). I also imagine that if you want to change your seats after the event that the ticket office will accommodate you with whatever is still available.

BigBlueDart

Post by BigBlueDart » April 21st, 2018, 3:05 pm

It's official! Look out, Section 115! The Blue Man cometh!

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » April 21st, 2018, 6:45 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:It's official! Look out, Section 115! The Blue Man cometh!
Image I debated buying a bunch of singles in 115 to foil you plan, but then Bitcoin took a nose dive and I’m poor again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » April 22nd, 2018, 9:58 am

TheAKAggie wrote:
Image I debated buying a bunch of singles in 115 to foil you plan, but then Bitcoin took a nose dive and I’m poor again.

Finally rich enough to move to the west side! Section 205 row 1.

Talked to the guy at the event. Season ticket renewals are at 50%

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » April 22nd, 2018, 11:04 am

Renewals are at 50% that is horrible. I guess the closet BYU fans do not buy aggie tickets.

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » April 22nd, 2018, 1:43 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

Looks like we’re neighbors. Please don’t be a narc.

Hail Aggies!

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » April 22nd, 2018, 2:22 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
aceofspadeskb wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

It'll be a thrill to meet a forum legend.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 22nd, 2018, 2:39 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 2:22 pm
TheAKAggie wrote:
aceofspadeskb wrote:
TheAKAggie wrote:

It'll be a thrill to meet a forum legend.

And then he'll rat on you. 😀

bluegrouse

Post by bluegrouse » April 22nd, 2018, 4:51 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 9:58 am
TheAKAggie wrote:

And this is why it will be difficult for us to ever sustain any success. 50% renewal (thus far) for very cheap season tickets in the smallest D1 stadium in the West (country?). If we don’t figure out a way to systematically build our fan base (yes, winning helps), we’re just tilting at windmills. I think it is by far our biggest challenge. We have a ton of positives but this is a huge problem.

For some perspective, Nebraska had 86,818 attend their SPRING GAME this year and netted over $1M in ticket sales. They were 4-8 last year. It would take us 3.5 consecutive sell-outs to reach that attendance mark. Now I get that we’re never going to be Nebraska and they have a new coach they are excited about, but it shows the disparity between the big programs and where we are.

aggies22
Aggie Insider, Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly

Post by aggies22 » April 22nd, 2018, 7:49 pm

Cheap (I can't express myself without swearing) fans in a cheap (I can't express myself without swearing) valley equals very little success with season ticket sales. We could win the Natty Championship and not sell the place out for the home opener the next season. I wish I knew what could be done to change the mentality of the people that live here but there doesn't seem to be a fool proof solution.

AggieFella

Post by AggieFella » April 23rd, 2018, 8:45 am

aggies22 wrote:
April 22nd, 2018, 7:49 pm
Cheap a** fans in a cheap a** valley equals very little success with season ticket sales. We could win the Natty Championship and not sell the place out for the home opener the next season. I wish I knew what could be done to change the mentality of the people that live here but there doesn't seem to be a fool proof solution.
:noidea:
Last edited by AggieFella on August 13th, 2018, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sagebrush_grows
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by sagebrush_grows » April 23rd, 2018, 8:53 am

50% renewals is bad. I also noted during my seat selection that there were more seats available in the high priced sections (i.e. Sec. 103 - $500 per ticket donation, and Sec. 102, 104 and 203 - $400 per ticket donation) than the last couple of years. Does anyone have a sense on whether the sales for premium seating (i.e. suites and club seats) is increasing or declining?

Do you love the spot where the sagebrush grows?

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » April 23rd, 2018, 10:39 am

For what it's worth, 50% on early renewals isn't that bad. That puts us on pace to maintain the number of season ticket holders we had last year. Given a disappointing bowl loss and lack of a strong home schedule this year, I don't think we could have really asked for much more.

Full

Post by Full » April 23rd, 2018, 1:11 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 10:39 am
For what it's worth, 50% on early renewals isn't that bad. That puts us on pace to maintain the number of season ticket holders we had last year. Given a disappointing bowl loss and lack of a strong home schedule this year, I don't think we could have really asked for much more.
50% renewals is terrible. I don't care that the home schedule is not as great without BYU and Boise or that USU lost a bowl game to NMSU. If USU has to sell the number of tickets between now and September 8th, my best guess is that the average attendance moves toward lowest attended game last year (Hawaii with 17,650). The schedule has a lot of early season home games when the weather should be great. I hope that helps attendance. Also, the teams USU is playing at home should mean you get to see a bunch of wins. Utah has had renewal rates above 90% for nearly a decade. To be fair I do think some of the 50% comes from fans of BYU or Boise who get the season tickets and sell the other tickets in the secondary market. I hope they stick to the plan to make next year the last time BYU and Boise are scheduled in Logan for the same year.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » April 23rd, 2018, 1:14 pm

Full wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 1:11 pm
aceofspadeskb wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 10:39 am
50% renewals is terrible. I don't care that the home schedule is not as great without BYU and Boise or that USU lost a bowl game to NMSU. If USU has to sell the number of tickets between now and September 8th, my best guess is that the average attendance moves toward lowest attended game last year (Hawaii with 17,650). The schedule has a lot of early season home games when the weather should be great. I hope that helps attendance. Also, the teams USU is playing at home should mean you get to see a bunch of wins. Utah has had renewal rates above 90% for nearly a decade. To be fair I do think some of the 50% comes from fans of BYU or Boise who get the season tickets and sell the other tickets in the secondary market. I hope they stick to the plan to make next year the last time BYU and Boise are scheduled in Logan for the same year.
*Early* season ticket renewals. The keyword is early. 50% now projects to about 80-85% renewal by the time the season starts. Then we should pick up some new season ticket buyers by then as well.

Relax. The sky is not falling(yet).

Aggiefan33

Post by Aggiefan33 » April 23rd, 2018, 1:30 pm

It's not *early* in that we passed the deadline to renew and guarantee your prior seats. So we are passed the renewal period. I guess it could be argued that we are before the first game, so for many that is *early* That is based off my experience on Sunday's in Utah where many people show up 10 minutes late.

I know that a fair amount of people 'renew' tickets after the deadline, but that mentality is the result of _______ by the fan base. That is 'cheap (I can't express myself without swearing)', apathy, Bosie/yBu fans, secondary market, whatever. But if we want to grow the program, we should all be able to agree that people need to renew by the deadline, not by the first game.

The harder you work, the harder it is to Surrender. - Men's Basketball locker room

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » April 23rd, 2018, 1:32 pm

Just a minute has not the date to renew passed, because the seat selection comes after the renewal date.

Full

Post by Full » April 23rd, 2018, 1:37 pm

I guess I don't understand why anyone would wait to renew season tickets after all the best available seats get picked over if they were going to renew. I realize there isn't a bad seat in the stadium, but some are better than others and sitting next to the same people year after year is another perk of renewing (although there has been decent turnover around me since I moved to add seats).
Last edited by Full on April 23rd, 2018, 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » April 23rd, 2018, 1:40 pm

Aggiefan33 wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 1:30 pm
It's not *early* in that we passed the deadline to renew and guarantee your prior seats. So we are passed the renewal period. I guess it could be argued that we are before the first game, so for many that is *early* That is based off my experience on Sunday's in Utah where many people show up 10 minutes late.

I know that a fair amount of people 'renew' tickets after the deadline, but that mentality is the result of _______ by the fan base. That is 'cheap a**', apathy, Bosie/yBu fans, secondary market, whatever. But if we want to grow the program, we should all be able to agree that people need to renew by the deadline, not by the first game.
I don't care when they renew, so long as they do. Many fans don't care as much about having the same seat as they did last year. If we want to grow a fan base, we need to win consistently. For what it's worth, most of the yet-to-renew season tickets are in the south end zone.

Full

Post by Full » April 23rd, 2018, 3:10 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 1:40 pm
I don't care when they renew, so long as they do. Many fans don't care as much about having the same seat as they did last year. If we want to grow a fan base, we need to win consistently. For what it's worth, most of the yet-to-renew season tickets are in the south end zone.
I guess if the majority of the 50% of the seats were just someone buying season tickets to get seats for the two marquee games it's not as bad as it sounds. I still say it's a terrible number and I don't see how that changes until games are sold out... even the BYU game had a couple thousand tickets available at kickoff.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » April 23rd, 2018, 3:27 pm

The thing is we want to be successful at the 1a level, but we just do not have the fan support we need to get the job done. I feel bad that ticket sales would be down over last season given we were coming off a 3 win campaign the only reason I can see for higher numbers last season is BYU comes to town that is just sad.

USU has played decent football over the last decade but fan support still is lacking, parking at this stadium is very good tickets are cheap, we are in the right conference with peer universities. I just wish we had better than FCS support.

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » April 24th, 2018, 6:29 am

Whether it is "early" or not, a 50% renewal rate at this time should not be acceptable and fans voicing their disappointment should be expected. But given the product on the field the past couple of years I understand the apathy towards renewing season tickets. I think the best way to change the apathy is to sustain success for at least 6-8 years so there are multiple graduating classes that had a football team to brag about and for which attending games was a great experience. From there excitement will begin to take root to the point where not renewing season tickets will likely result in being locked out from buying season tickets because none are left. Progress was made last year but without much excitement. Hopefully this year there is more progress and a high level of excitement surrounding the program.

Machismo

Post by Machismo » April 24th, 2018, 9:40 am

I let my tickets go past the re renewal deadline in section 107 ( Southwest end zone Goal line.) Yesterday I bought Tickets in Section 106, I pretty much had my pick of what I wanted. I wasn't worried about getting good seats because of the crappy performance last Season.

NAggsty Butler

Post by NAggsty Butler » April 24th, 2018, 1:28 pm

ViAggie wrote:
April 18th, 2018, 3:06 pm
bummer, I'm exactly 777 miles away (door to entrance) from the stadium. No bueno por mi
*Checks google maps for distance*

666 miles?!?! Yeah I don't think I should go... Bad luck and all...

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » April 25th, 2018, 11:49 am

NAggsty Butler wrote:
April 24th, 2018, 1:28 pm
ViAggie wrote:

You're practically next-door to the stadium, compared to my 1,210

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » April 25th, 2018, 11:56 am

AGinNEIowa wrote:
April 25th, 2018, 11:49 am
NAggsty Butler wrote:
ViAggie wrote:

Looking out my window at work. The stadium looks beautiful today! :rock:

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » April 25th, 2018, 12:06 pm

aceofspadeskb wrote:
April 25th, 2018, 11:56 am
AGinNEIowa wrote:
April 25th, 2018, 11:49 am
NAggsty Butler wrote:
ViAggie wrote:

Looking out my window at work. The stadium looks beautiful today! :rock:
YA? Well, yesterday we had our first day of 65 degrees since mid-October!!

TheAKAggie

Post by TheAKAggie » April 25th, 2018, 4:16 pm

AGinNEIowa wrote:
NAggsty Butler wrote:
ViAggie wrote:

I’m 3.1 miles from driveway to tailgate spot. Much improved from my former 2,601 crow flown miles.

Hail Aggies!

bigblue
Pick'em Champ - '12 Kickoff; '16 Bowl; '19 WTHCG; '19 BB Predict The Score

Post by bigblue » April 26th, 2018, 8:04 pm

Good grief. The whining about ticket renewals this early is pointless. The 50% renewal tells me only 50% wanted to secure their seats for next season and have enough income to pay this far in advance for their tickets. Some folks, like myself, have income that comes in later in the year. 70 to 80% of my income comes in July to February. The joys of the construction industry.

Honestly, I feel most probably don't expect a high demand for season tickets do they feel like they have time to renew their tickets and still have decent seats. Of course renewals can always be better, but I'm not about to be alarmed or go off on the "cheap (I can't express myself without swearing)" people in the valley.

I been able to get a few people to come to the games because they always assumed that the tickets are very expensive. When they actually found out how much they were, they ended up going to a couple games. My grandma, bless her heart, use to be a season ticket holder. Now she is much older and on a strict budget had complained that the games are expensive. I have told her how much other football games are at other schools compared to USU and she has quit complaining. But it's easy for one person's perspective and influence other perspectives. The biggest problem I have with USUs marketing department is they do not address problem with price perspective. They need to effectively compare the value of it to other activities like: weekend movies, concerts, going out for dinner, etc. That's just my two cents.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Well the universe is shaped exactly like the earth
If you go straight long enough you'll end up where you were

OKAggie

Post by OKAggie » April 26th, 2018, 10:04 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
April 23rd, 2018, 1:32 pm
Just a minute has not the date to renew passed, because the seat selection comes after the renewal date.
The stated renewal date has passed, but they still took renewals after the due date and before the seat selection. I know because that's when I renewed mine. The renewal date isn't a hard and fast deadline.

Nobody here knows anything.

Locked Previous topicNext topic