Jazz Draft Discussion - Rank These Prospects

Big Blue's House is intended for general sports talk, sharing ideas, announcements, etc.
Roy McAvoy

Jazz Draft Discussion - Rank These Prospects

Post by Roy McAvoy » May 21st, 2018, 9:34 am

I'm not sure how many of you around here actually follow the Jazz in-depth. I try to, but I typically don't start many topics around here about it. Let's give it a shot.

What order would you rank these 6 draft prospects for the Jazz for their big board? Khyri Thomas, Lonnie Walker, Anfernee Simons, Donte Divincenzo, Keita Bates Diop, Troy Brown.

I think I would be happy with any of these 6 players, and would probably rank them in my realistic top 6 for the Jazz given their draft spot. Some of these players will be gone when they pick, but some will be available.

My order is:

1. Khyri Thomas (He's easily the #1 realistic guy I hope the Jazz get)
2. Lonnie Walker
3. Anfernee Simons
4. Donte DiVincenzo
5. Keita Bates-Diop
6. Troy Brown

Yossarian

Re: Jazz Draft Discussion - Rank These Prospects

Post by Yossarian » May 21st, 2018, 9:55 am

swishh_15 wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 9:34 am
I'm not sure how many of you around here actually follow the Jazz in-depth. I try to, but I typically don't start many topics around here about it. Let's give it a shot.

What order would you rank these 6 draft prospects for the Jazz for their big board? Khyri Thomas, Lonnie Walker, Anfernee Simons, Donte Divincenzo, Keita Bates Diop, Troy Brown.

I think I would be happy with any of these 6 players, and would probably rank them in my realistic top 6 for the Jazz given their draft spot. Some of these players will be gone when they pick, but some will be available.

My order is:

1. Khyri Thomas (He's easily the #1 realistic guy I hope the Jazz get)
2. Lonnie Walker
3. Anfernee Simons
4. Donte DiVincenzo
5. Keita Bates-Diop
6. Troy Brown
Shake Milton
Chandler Hutchison
Mitchell Robinson

Eutaw St. Aggie

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » May 21st, 2018, 1:39 pm

I think Walker has star potential, but so far he has visited like half of the teams picking in the Top 10 so I would be shocked if he fell to 21.

I like DiVencenzo quite a bit. I don't think he has star potential, but will probably be a contributor and rotation guy in the league for a long time.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » May 21st, 2018, 5:34 pm

Shake Milton is a good one. Good shooter, good passer, good feel for the game (plays smart - good for Quin's offense). I love his height (6'6") and length (7' wingspan). I think I like him best of those on this list. I don't think he's a star, likely not even a starter in the NBA, but he can be a good rotation guy.

He needs to get stronger, and more consistent, but if he is a hard worker, those will come.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » May 21st, 2018, 6:09 pm

Isn’t Hutchinson projected to be in the range where the Jazz draft?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

TrueBlueFan

Post by TrueBlueFan » May 21st, 2018, 10:16 pm

I really like DiVincenso. The last time we drafted a white guy that played well in the tournament he turned out to be pretty good. Wouldn’t mind if we did it again.

Go Grizzlies, Jazz, Real SL, Seahawks, USA! Go Aggies!

bullshot

Post by bullshot » May 22nd, 2018, 8:11 am

Hutchison is ranked at the beginning of the 2nd round/late 1st, except the Bulls really like him.
I’d like to see the jazz trade up (again) and get Mikal Bridges or the pt guard from Kentucky (can’t remember his name), because I don’t think Exum or Favors are going to work out.

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » May 22nd, 2018, 8:16 am

bullshot wrote:
May 22nd, 2018, 8:11 am
Hutchison is ranked at the beginning of the 2nd round/late 1st, except the Bulls really like him.
I’d like to see the jazz trade up (again) and get Mikal Bridges or the pt guard from Kentucky (can’t remember his name), because I don’t think Exum or Favors are going to work out.
I agree, but just how exactly would they trade up? They don't have any assets they're willing to part with that could get them to move up (namely Mitchell, Gobert, Rubio, Ingles). I also don't see them giving up any future 1st round picks because they're so vital for the Jazz and for cheap contracts to have too.

bullshot

Post by bullshot » May 22nd, 2018, 8:19 am

If the jazz want to really better themselves they should trade up for Wendel Carter the stretch 4, they currently lack. (They would probably have to give up too much to get there, though)

bullshot

Post by bullshot » May 22nd, 2018, 8:22 am

YES, the draft is critical to the jazz, but cheap contracts for guys drafted in the 20’s (late first round) are usually not justifiable.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » May 22nd, 2018, 10:11 am

I think there's a chance the Lakers are planning to get Leonard in 2019 (because SA isn't going to trade him). I don't think they can get George and still have space to get Leonard. If the Lakers are targeting Leonard, will they still go after George? There's also talk that the Lakers want Boogie. If the Lakers aren't as keen on George as people think, and there's any chance that the Jazz could get George, they should do it. He'd be a perfect fit with Mitchell and Gobert.

On the other hand, if George doesn't go to the Lakers, I think Houston will try to get him.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » May 23rd, 2018, 12:11 am

What about Omari Spellman?

Roy McAvoy

Post by Roy McAvoy » May 23rd, 2018, 7:49 am

brownjeans wrote:
May 22nd, 2018, 10:11 am
I think there's a chance the Lakers are planning to get Leonard in 2019 (because SA isn't going to trade him). I don't think they can get George and still have space to get Leonard. If the Lakers are targeting Leonard, will they still go after George? There's also talk that the Lakers want Boogie. If the Lakers aren't as keen on George as people think, and there's any chance that the Jazz could get George, they should do it. He'd be a perfect fit with Mitchell and Gobert.

On the other hand, if George doesn't go to the Lakers, I think Houston will try to get him.
IMO it's a foregone conclusion Paul George is going to sign with the Lakers. They'll have space for two max contracts. They'll also try to sign Lebron, if they don't get him I'm sure Demarcus Cousins is their 3rd choice, even though he's coming off the debilitating injury.

Also IMO, the Jazz literally have 0% chance of getting Paul George. He's not leaving OKC for another small market.

brownjeans
Flatulent

Post by brownjeans » May 23rd, 2018, 6:26 pm

swishh_15 wrote:
May 23rd, 2018, 7:49 am
brownjeans wrote:
May 22nd, 2018, 10:11 am

IMO it's a foregone conclusion Paul George is going to sign with the Lakers. They'll have space for two max contracts. They'll also try to sign Lebron, if they don't get him I'm sure Demarcus Cousins is their 3rd choice, even though he's coming off the debilitating injury.

Also IMO, the Jazz literally have 0% chance of getting Paul George. He's not leaving OKC for another small market.
Yes, but Leonard is the better player. If they sign George this year, they can't get Leonard next year (unless Leonard is willing to take the mid-level exception). I could see a scenario where the Lakers wouldn't want to commit long-term money this year that prohibits them from getting Leonard next year. On the other hand, the Lakers may not want to lose a George in the hand for a Leonard in the bush.

But hey, if they get George this year, maybe we can get Leonard next year (wishful thinking for sure, but a guy can dream).

Locked Previous topicNext topic