Best TV Options For Aggie Football?

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Aggie_CEE

Best TV Options For Aggie Football?

Post by Aggie_CEE » July 24th, 2018, 11:06 am

Has there been a broadcast listing for this season posted? Moving to a new house in Cache Valley and need to decide on TV options for this season. I really only watch college sports and was curious if anyone has had any luck with Sling TV or anything similar.. Is there something other than cable with the upgraded sports fees that can actually get our away games this season?
Last edited by Aggie_CEE on July 24th, 2018, 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

thegreendalegelf

Re: Best TV Options For Aggie Football?

Post by thegreendalegelf » July 24th, 2018, 11:19 am

Aggie_CEE wrote:
July 24th, 2018, 11:06 am
Has there been a broadcast listing for this season posted? Moving to a new house and need to decide on TV options for this season. I really only watch college sports and was curious if anyone has had any luck with Sling TV or anything similar.. Is there something other than cable with the upgraded sports fees that can actually get our away games this season?
I am not sure what coverage is available where you will be living but Youtube TV is a favorite among cfb fans nationwide. It does a pretty good job of getting most of the games, I don't know if it will have cbssports or not.

tkmad
Has thanked: 0

Post by tkmad » July 24th, 2018, 11:43 am

For aggie football? I think there's only 3-4 games with announced TV coverage. Hard to say until they announce more games. You might just need a good computer if more games end up Facebook or twitter this year....

Aglicious
Site Admin

Post by Aglicious » July 24th, 2018, 12:29 pm

Aggie_CEE wrote:
Has there been a broadcast listing for this season posted? Moving to a new house in Cache Valley and need to decide on TV options for this season. I really only watch college sports and was curious if anyone has had any luck with Sling TV or anything similar.. Is there something other than cable with the upgraded sports fees that can actually get our away games this season?
If you go to the football schedule found under schedules on this very site it will show you the currently known TV coverage for each game. This info. is updated as soon as announcements are made.

aceofspadeskb

Post by aceofspadeskb » July 24th, 2018, 2:38 pm

thegreendalegelf wrote:
Aggie_CEE wrote:
Has there been a broadcast listing for this season posted? Moving to a new house and need to decide on TV options for this season. I really only watch college sports and was curious if anyone has had any luck with Sling TV or anything similar.. Is there something other than cable with the upgraded sports fees that can actually get our away games this season?
I am not sure what coverage is available where you will be living but Youtube TV is a favorite among cfb fans nationwide. It does a pretty good job of getting most of the games, I don't know if it will have cbssports or not.
YouTube TV does have cbs sports network.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score

Post by BigBlueDart » July 24th, 2018, 3:00 pm

I've been doing YouTube TV, since last season, too. That covers CBS Sports Network and all ESPN channels we get on. No AT&T Sports Network (formerly Root Sports), though. That you will still have to pay through the nose to access.

MalAgua

Post by MalAgua » July 24th, 2018, 3:12 pm

BigBlueDart wrote:
July 24th, 2018, 3:00 pm
I've been doing YouTube TV, since last season, too. That covers CBS Sports Network and all ESPN channels we get on. No AT&T Sports Network (formerly Root Sports), though. That you will still have to pay through the nose to legally access.
FIFY

GeoAg

Post by GeoAg » July 24th, 2018, 3:18 pm

Loving YouTube TV. I use it on a roku so I also have easy access to the games streamed on Facebook through installing that app as well. AT&T is the only missing piece of the puzzle for me, but I think it is just a matter of time before it is available on YouTube TV or elsewhere online. They've added about 50% more channels in the last 6 months or so since I've been on YouTube TV.

"You guys have sacrificed in ways you've never sacrificed before. You've given more. You expect more...Tonight is our opportunity to write the story of who this family, who this program, who this team will be" -Coach Blake Anderson

LoveMyAggies

Post by LoveMyAggies » July 25th, 2018, 9:57 pm

Aggie_CEE wrote:
http://www.firstrowsports.eu/ then air play from your laptop to appletv OR chromecast Or Roku
- sling on roku is very affordable $20-30/mo

vs. regular subscription

AggieFella

Post by AggieFella » July 26th, 2018, 8:57 am

or just go to the games...

Aggie_CEE

Post by Aggie_CEE » July 26th, 2018, 11:53 am

AggieFella wrote:
July 26th, 2018, 8:57 am
I'll make it to all the home games + BYU this year. Other than that, I plan on traveling to my couch for 2.5 hours of football and 1.5 hours of commercials.

Thanks for the advice. Youtube TV looks to be the best deal for now!

YoungBloodAggie

Post by YoungBloodAggie » July 26th, 2018, 12:58 pm

Aggie_CEE wrote:
July 26th, 2018, 11:53 am
AggieFella wrote:
July 26th, 2018, 8:57 am
I'll make it to all the home games + BYU this year. Other than that, I plan on traveling to my couch for 2.5 hours of football and 1.5 hours of commercials.

Thanks for the advice. Youtube TV looks to be the best deal for now!
I have YouTube TV and it is honestly amazing. You can add shows/events to your library and YouTube TV will record them for you and store the shows in the cloud. I am going to watch a sinful amount of college football this year.

Jordan Nathan’s ACTUAL #1 Fan

Locked Previous topicNext topic