Jordan Love....

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
Smokin Joe

Jordan Love....

Post by Smokin Joe » October 5th, 2018, 11:28 pm

Two observations: First, enormous credit to Matt Wells or whoever it was on his staff who saw Jordan Love's potential. IIRC, we were his only D1 offer, but its now impossible to deny that he is a genuine blue chipper. Second, credit to Jordan Love for developing himself. Came here weighing about 190 bills and not overly impressing anyone, and he's now 6'4, 225 and an absolute beast of a QB. Throws an absolutely gorgeous ball. Makes great decisions. Runs well. He is developing into the total package as a QB. Be interesting to see what his ceiling is.

seabass

Re: Jordan Love....

Post by seabass » October 5th, 2018, 11:45 pm

I was wondering the same thing. Where is his arm strength compared to recent 1st rounders? That's the biggest question. If he can "make all the throws" he'll be a high draft choice.

Smokin Joe

Post by Smokin Joe » October 5th, 2018, 11:50 pm

I don't think we've yet seen a demonstration of his actual arm strength. His throws appear effortless and he throws a beautiful ball. Very accurate.

And think about it. Our QB with only one D1 offer is better than their 25 year old former Elite 11 winner. Credit whoever it was on our coaching staff who saw Love's potential. Credit the coaches for developing Love and credit Love for being coachable and having the desire to be really, really good. Quite a story, actually.

AgMac

Post by AgMac » October 6th, 2018, 6:46 am

Love has been an absolute star for us this year. Another great game from him. Crazy thing is his stats would be even better if we wouldn't drop several passes each game.

AndroidAggie

Post by AndroidAggie » October 6th, 2018, 7:15 am

hickaggie was right -- byu didn't get much pressure

i didn't tune in until my friend texted that we were in the RZ with a 7-0 lead, and then i watched until 5 minutes left in the 4th quarter. but of what i saw he never did anything dumb, kept composure when the pocket was challenged, and made some excellent amazing throws.

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » October 6th, 2018, 12:24 pm

Smokin Joe wrote:Two observations: First, enormous credit to Matt Wells or whoever it was on his staff who saw Jordan Love's potential. IIRC, we were his only D1 offer, but its now impossible to deny that he is a genuine blue chipper. Second, credit to Jordan Love for developing himself. Came here weighing about 190 bills and not overly impressing anyone, and he's now 6'4, 225 and an absolute beast of a QB. Throws an absolutely gorgeous ball. Makes great decisions. Runs well. He is developing into the total package as a QB. Be interesting to see what his ceiling is.
Blue chip refers to the recruiting process. We won’t get many. We get diamonds in the rough. We benefit from coaching, chips on the shoulder, and growth spurts. They can’t be blue chips once they arrive, they arrive as blue chips.

Source:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hail Aggies!

Intermeddler

Post by Intermeddler » October 6th, 2018, 12:43 pm

He’s really good. I was impressed with him last year. Really really accurate with the ball. Most valuable skill a QB can have is accuracy. The touchdowns to Tarver and Green were pinpoint

Moves well and goes through reads. His deep ball is always catchable and rarely thrown in a way that can be intercepted.

Best passer we’ve had since Calvillo (chuckie was great but a different kind of qb)

ChicAggie

Post by ChicAggie » October 6th, 2018, 1:09 pm

Love is brimming with poise, game smarts, and accuracy. If he stays on this trajectory, he is going to get a lot of looks from NFL scouts.

"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

AGinNEIowa
Pick'em Champ - '15, '16, '17 WTHCG

Post by AGinNEIowa » October 6th, 2018, 8:01 pm

Didn't Hartwell force Wells to sign Love? So props to the AD

Locked Previous topicNext topic