First Trip to Laramie!

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
sneed

Re: First Trip to Laramie!

Post by sneed » October 16th, 2018, 9:41 pm

Anyone need a buddy for this game? I’m a pretty good game day buddy.... free ride to the game from SL.... room for 3 or 4. Not a weirdo or anything just want to go but my usual game day friend isn’t going to this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Post by sam tingey » October 17th, 2018, 6:48 am

sneed wrote:
October 16th, 2018, 9:41 pm
Anyone need a buddy for this game? I’m a pretty good game day buddy.... free ride to the game from SL.... room for 3 or 4. Not a weirdo or anything just want to go but my usual game day friend isn’t going to this one.

Dude I am interested. let me get back to you on this! Problem is my wife thinks I am a weirdo so take that for what its worth.

bwcrc

Post by bwcrc » October 17th, 2018, 7:45 am

I agree that Laramie is a generally dreary place, but I cannot knock the University of Wyoming or the people of Laramie. A van with six members of the men's volleyball team rolled 20 miles west of Laramie in April 2001. When the hospital caught wind that we were from USU they contacted the Wyoming AD who came down to the hospital and provided great assistance to us. He was instrumental in reaching out to the USU administration to help arrange to get us all home the next day. The university opened up an empty dorm floor to put us up for the night and told us that things had been arranged for us to eat at the cafeteria, just tell the staff we were the USU guys and it was taken care of. They definitely went above and beyond what they needed to do to help us out of a serious situation.

That said, I hope we demolish them this weekend.

GreenAg

Post by GreenAg » October 17th, 2018, 9:15 am

Laramie's not so bad. I went to the game there in 2016 and was very impressed with Josh Allen...that guy destroyed us. The stadium is actually pretty cool, with the tall pines all around. There's a decent Thai restaurant in town, and once you get off I-80, the downtown and campus areas are fairly nice. It definitely surprised me to the upside, given all the stuff I'd heard. And honestly, I wish we had the statewide support that UW has.

Having said all those nice things...I hope we crush those guys on Saturday!

ViAggie

Post by ViAggie » October 17th, 2018, 10:07 am

GreenAg wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 9:15 am
Laramie's not so bad. I went to the game there in 2016 and was very impressed with Josh Allen...that guy destroyed us. The stadium is actually pretty cool, with the tall pines all around. There's a decent Thai restaurant in town, and once you get off I-80, the downtown and campus areas are fairly nice. It definitely surprised me to the upside, given all the stuff I'd heard. And honestly, I wish we had the statewide support that UW has.

Having said all those nice things...I hope we crush those guys on Saturday!

Not too hard when you are are LITERALLY the only game in town (the state)

Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

Olderthandirt

Post by Olderthandirt » October 17th, 2018, 4:07 pm

That stretch of I-80 is something else. I spent a long week in Rawlins one night. I've only driven through Laramie, and drove past the stadium. It was summer, and very nice that day. Would love to go to a game there sometime!

sneed

Post by sneed » October 17th, 2018, 5:21 pm

sam tingey wrote:
sneed wrote:

Dude I am interested. let me get back to you on this! Problem is my wife thinks I am a weirdo so take that for what its worth.
Let’s go!

djm19
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by djm19 » October 17th, 2018, 8:24 pm

It's a shame that some of you have stooped to BYU-level fan comments. Well done. 👏

I go to multiple games in Laramie each year. It's a great college town. Is it filled with hipsters and other cool looking Abercrombie models like you see in the 801 and 435 colleges, no. But it's filled with some of the nicest people you'll meet.

Are some of the fans A holes. Absolutely.
Will you get harassed a little? Sure.
Will the majority of the fans not say a word? Yep.
The college atmosphere is great for a football game.

-Fuel up in Utah.
-Pit stop at the rest area just east of Evanston. Usually have clean bathrooms, catch some bison and elk roaming by the rest area
-Stop at Little America for fuel and a pit stop. The west building has clean bathrooms and not busy. Get and ice cream just because. They've spent so much money on billboards for ice cream, just be American and do it.
-Power through to Laramie. Rawlins is sketch.
-They serve beer there now at the stadium. I have my opinions on this but will spare those. I think it's a bad idea.

Act cool and you'll be fine. I've been to games from Autzen to Texas. New Mexico, San Diego, Boise, Nebraska and everywhere in between. I can honestly say that the three worst stadiums I've ever been treated at were Lavell Edwards, Rice Eccles and good ol Romney Stadium.

As you drive through Wyoming and you get a flat tire, or run out of gas, or want to join in on some BBQ at a tailgate of strangers, you won't meet better people than Wyoming...including Laramie.

As a die-hard Wyo fan, and a grad of USU, and a now Utah resident, some of the best people I've ever met are/were from Laramie. Good, hard-working people who would give you the shirt off their back.

Enjoy the pee troughs.

I wish I could go with you.

Have fun!

"Who doesn't love a spot, where the sagebrush grows."
Last edited by djm19 on October 17th, 2018, 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

djm19

Post by djm19 » October 17th, 2018, 8:33 pm

AggieVoice wrote:
October 15th, 2018, 12:54 pm
I've heard it's just downright miserable, but this is the year to go. Sunny and 55 on Saturday and not a lot of wind. Noon kickoff. Killer team. I'm heading to Laramie! Who else is heading to cheer on our Ags? Also, is there anything worthwhile to do or eat in Laramie, or should I just get to the game and leave immediately after?
Don't let the weather report fool you. I went just last month in "good weather" report and it got cold. Wind will always blow. 55 here in Utah is different there with a 20 mph breeze off the Snowy Mountain Range. It will feel like 40. Take a jacket.
👍

TrueBlueFan

Post by TrueBlueFan » October 17th, 2018, 8:49 pm

sneed wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 5:21 pm
sam tingey wrote:
sneed wrote:

Let’s go!

Just sent you a private message. Definitely interested if you still have room.

Go Grizzlies, Jazz, Real SL, Seahawks, USA! Go Aggies!

Aggiefan33

Post by Aggiefan33 » October 17th, 2018, 10:55 pm

djm19 wrote:It's a shame that some of you have stooped to BYU-level fan comments. Well done. Image

I go to multiple games in Laramie each year. It's a great college town. Is it filled with hipsters and other cool looking Abercrombie models like you see in the 801 and 435 colleges, no. But it's filled with some of the nicest people you'll meet.

-Fuel up in Utah.
-Pit stop at the rest area just east of Evanston. Usually have clean bathrooms, catch some bison and elk roaming by the rest area
-Stop at Little America for fuel and a pit stop. The west building has clean bathrooms and not busy. Get and ice cream just because. They've spent so much money on billboards for ice cream, just be American and do it.
-They serve beer there now at the stadium. I have my opinions on this but will spare those. I think it's a bad idea.

Act cool and you'll be fine. I've been to games from Autzen to Texas. New Mexico, San Diego, Boise, Nebraska and everywhere in between. I can honestly say that the three worst stadiums I've ever been treated at were Lavell Edwards, Rice Eccles and good ol Romney Stadium.

As you drive through Wyoming and you get a flat tire, or run out of gas, or want to join in on some BBQ at a tailgate of strangers, you won't meet better people than Wyoming...including Laramie.

As a die-hard Wyo fan, and a grad of USU, and a now Utah resident, some of the best people I've ever met are/were from Laramie. Good, hard-working people who would give you the shirt off their back.

Enjoy the pee troughs.

Have fun!

DJM
I used to be able to see the Wyoming board on Tapatalk, but not anymore. Can you shed any light on that? Did the forum change or something?

The harder you work, the harder it is to Surrender. - Men's Basketball locker room

djm19

Post by djm19 » October 17th, 2018, 11:29 pm

Aggiefan33 wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 10:55 pm
djm19 wrote:It's a shame that some of you have stooped to BYU-level fan comments. Well done. Image

-Fuel up in Utah.

Enjoy the pee troughs.

Have fun!

DJM
I used to be able to see the Wyoming board on Tapatalk, but not anymore. Can you shed any light on that? Did the forum change or something?

I don't get any wyonation anymore. I'm not sure? A few on there were toxic. Ruined it for everyone.

Aggiefan33

Post by Aggiefan33 » October 17th, 2018, 11:43 pm

djm19 wrote:
Aggiefan33 wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 10:55 pm

-Fuel up in Utah.

Enjoy the pee troughs.

Have fun!

DJM

I don't get any wyonation anymore. I'm not sure? A few on there were toxic. Ruined it for everyone.
We are often not that different...

The harder you work, the harder it is to Surrender. - Men's Basketball locker room

AggieVoice

Post by AggieVoice » October 18th, 2018, 3:43 pm

taniataylor wrote:
October 15th, 2018, 1:16 pm
anyone need tickets? I have 4
I need 3, you probably don't want to leave one loner though?

sneed

Post by sneed » October 18th, 2018, 4:05 pm

AggieVoice wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
I need just one loner one but I think these are gone anyway right?

taniataylor

Post by taniataylor » October 18th, 2018, 4:34 pm

sneed wrote:
October 18th, 2018, 4:05 pm
AggieVoice wrote:
taniataylor wrote:
I need just one loner one but I think these are gone anyway right?

I'm sorry, they are taken

Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

sam tingey
Pick'em Champ - '13, '16 FB Predict the Score; '17, '18 Bowl

Post by sam tingey » October 18th, 2018, 4:53 pm

sneed wrote:
October 17th, 2018, 5:21 pm
sam tingey wrote:
sneed wrote:

Let’s go!

Doggoneit. Can't make it.

oleblu111
RIP

Post by oleblu111 » October 18th, 2018, 5:05 pm

Some of the best people I have ever met are from Wyoming. I worked there a few years ago stationed in Zion but traveled there a bunch, those folks will give you the shirt off their back.

They have a real love for their pokes, as do I

Aggiestyle

Post by Aggiestyle » October 18th, 2018, 9:21 pm

oleblu111 wrote:
October 18th, 2018, 5:05 pm
Some of the best people I have ever met are from Wyoming. I worked there a few years ago stationed in Zion but traveled there a bunch, those folks will give you the shirt off their back.

They have a real love for their pokes, as do I
+1

TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY

Post by TheAKAggie » October 18th, 2018, 11:17 pm

Love a good poke!

Hail Aggies!

Locked Previous topicNext topic