I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
AggieFBObsession
Posts: 834
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 512 times
Been thanked: 79 times

I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by AggieFBObsession » November 14th, 2018, 2:57 pm

It's been a long time since I've posted, and I've been reading for a loooong time. I'm always an Aggie.

I love this team this year. Jordan is calm and cool and clever. Green is a speedy devil. Thompson is a little bowling ball coming at you at 100mph. I'd take him over a 100mph fastball. Woodward is an animal. Roquemore is athletic and is an NFL guy. (admittedly I don't know if he has injury issues or no), but athletically he's an NFL guy, probably a future safety.

Tarver is physical and he will continue to make critical plays, especially in the end zone.
Bright might as well be as dangerous as Thompson.
Tipa makes big plays.
How about DJ Nelson? Doing his role very well! Remember his brother making a bad choice? I know, I know. I didn't like Brent Guy either, but seriously!
How about Gaje Ferguson and his big plays! He's a big hitter.
Quintin Ficklin. What a name. And also has a great shot at the NFL.
Dax Raymond. I really like what I see, but I want to see more.
Unga. The best defensive lineman I've seen at USU. Agreed? If not, who else?

A lot more strengths to list. I don't know where to start.

Coaching: Coach Wells just keeps plugging away. Far and away the MWC coach of the year. This is the best Aggie FB team I've ever seen. Hard to compare to the 60s, so let's not go there. I think it's safe to say, no matter how they finish, that they are the best. Certainly Yost deserves a lot of credit too and I'm certain that he won't be at USU next year. My heart tells me that Wells will be at USU, but my head says that if the dominoes fall, we may see him leave.

Schedule: Colorado State, definitely winnable. Boise State, tough. I think most should agree this is about a 60/40 game or 55/45 in Utah State's favor, but I wouldn't want to bet on it. Conference Championship game, Fresno State or SDSU in Logan, it doesn't matter. All of you who were saying that we would be better playing in Fresno or San Diego, are you freaking crazy??? We want our home field advantage no matter what time of year and how many fans are in the stands!

All of you who don't believe this team is really, really good and can play on any stage well against anyone and have a reasonable chance to win, you're also crazy. Stop licking the balls of the ESPN media who only cares about money. Just focus on how the game is played. I don't care what the ESPN idiot say unless they have something positive to say about the MWC or Utah State. Otherwise, I couldn't care less about their constant drivel about the "power" conferences. When/If Utah State plays on a big stage again, I hope they pull through and win a game that really counts in the national media's eyes. Unfortunately, THAT is the one thing that Utah State is really missing whether it be basketball or football. We don't have the win that everyone points to.

National stuff: UCF is the best team from the other conferences, not the power 5, until proven otherwise. They haven't lost a game in a long time. They won their bowl game last year. All of the BS I hear in the national media about SOS, it's silly. They play the games on their schedule and they win. So, they deserve a shot until they actually lose. Unfortunately they won't be given that shot because they don't bring the $$$ like Georgia or even Michigan or Oklahoma.

Go Aggies! I'm really excited to see how this all plays out.

Lastly, I have more to share some other day about media coverage and the media experience. But I'll save it for just that.



User avatar
ViAggie
Posts: 8317
Joined: June 16th, 2011, 6:49 pm
Location: Temecula, California
Has thanked: 380 times
Been thanked: 205 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by ViAggie » November 14th, 2018, 3:10 pm

Welcome back! Should have called yourself East Coast Aggie :joking:


Just another day in the (Aggie) Brotherhood

AggieFBObsession
Posts: 834
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 512 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by AggieFBObsession » November 14th, 2018, 3:14 pm

ViAggie wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 3:10 pm
Welcome back! Should have called yourself East Coast Aggie :joking:
Ha! It should be anywhere in the world Aggie. Except I don't control naval forces and nuclear missiles like the one poster who used to post here. :cheers:

Really missing having a beer with you, ViAggie.



User avatar
TheAKAggie
DON'T BELIEVE ANYTHING I SAY
Posts: 5849
Joined: February 3rd, 2012, 10:21 pm
Location: Hyde Park, UT
Has thanked: 186 times
Been thanked: 290 times
Contact:

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by TheAKAggie » November 14th, 2018, 3:21 pm

I was 50/50 on the team up to this point, but I think you’ve convinced me. I’M ALL IN BABY!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Hail Aggies!

AggieFBObsession
Posts: 834
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 512 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by AggieFBObsession » November 14th, 2018, 3:26 pm

One more thing that I forgot to mention.

I'm worried about the mental toughness of this team in a close game going down to the wire. That often requires a lot of experiences, both good and bad. I'm hoping for the best in such a game. Jordan Love has very little experience like this.



taniataylor
Posts: 1648
Joined: June 24th, 2016, 9:21 am
Location: Monrovia, Ca
Has thanked: 81 times
Been thanked: 513 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by taniataylor » November 14th, 2018, 3:29 pm

TheAKAggie wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 3:21 pm
I was 50/50 on the team up to this point, but I think you’ve convinced me. I’M ALL IN BABY!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:shock:


Jordan Nathan's #1 Fan Copyright pending due to YBAs shenanigans

Machismo
Posts: 3355
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:10 pm
Location: Providence ,Utah
Has thanked: 279 times
Been thanked: 65 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by Machismo » November 14th, 2018, 3:44 pm

We are going to beat Boise and betting on it, this is why I hope the donks are are favored. This Aggie Team is damn good and they will find that out next Saturday Night, the stars have aligned for us.


"It's not a lie if you believe it" George Costanza

User avatar
MrBiggle
Posts: 1230
Joined: October 10th, 2013, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 215 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by MrBiggle » November 14th, 2018, 4:01 pm

I guess I haven’t been around these parts long enough!
Awesome post!


Where only sage brush grows

User avatar
BigBlueDart
Pick'em Champ - '17 FB Predict the Score
Posts: 8088
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:57 am
Location: Syracuse, UT
Has thanked: 76 times
Been thanked: 289 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by BigBlueDart » November 14th, 2018, 4:03 pm

Welcome back! I was actually wondering what happened to you, recently.



User avatar
AndroidAggie
Posts: 4106
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 7:47 am
Has thanked: 89 times
Been thanked: 118 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by AndroidAggie » November 14th, 2018, 4:14 pm

also glad you're back. always liked your posts on the scout board.



utaggies
Posts: 3628
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 12:25 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 96 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by utaggies » November 14th, 2018, 4:38 pm

We thought yew was day-ed!



User avatar
ustate98
Pick'em Champ - '13 WTHCG
Posts: 1129
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:14 am
Has thanked: 3 times
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by ustate98 » November 14th, 2018, 5:01 pm

It's great to have you back.



AGGZILLA
Posts: 3097
Joined: November 4th, 2010, 5:53 pm
Location: North Salt Lake
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 10 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by AGGZILLA » November 14th, 2018, 5:23 pm

One of my favorite posters from the old scout board... so glad to have you back, ejm. Its been a long time. :cheers:


"They got up to get excited... then they displayed all 5 stages of grief."
- Dallin

NavyBlueAggie
Posts: 2011
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 9:28 am
Has thanked: 134 times
Been thanked: 125 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by NavyBlueAggie » November 14th, 2018, 5:44 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 3:26 pm
One more thing that I forgot to mention.

I'm worried about the mental toughness of this team in a close game going down to the wire. That often requires a lot of experiences, both good and bad. I'm hoping for the best in such a game. Jordan Love has very little experience like this.
I believe if a team practices hard they play hard. This team spends extra film time in preparation for the next game, is focused and has been fairly injury free. Need the win at CSU Saturday and then the big one at Boise, but first the Rams. The starters are relatively fresh at this time of the season due to the many blowouts we've enjoyed to allow second and third rotation players to get some serious reps in the 3rd and the 4th quarters.



newtonianblue
Posts: 262
Joined: November 6th, 2010, 10:05 pm
Has thanked: 248 times
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by newtonianblue » November 14th, 2018, 5:57 pm

AGGZILLA wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 5:23 pm
One of my favorite posters from the old scout board... so glad to have you back, ejm. Its been a long time. :cheers:
Agreed! I’ve changed my name since the old Scout board days as well, but really missed your posts - welcome back!



AggieFBObsession
Posts: 834
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 512 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by AggieFBObsession » November 14th, 2018, 5:58 pm

AGGZILLA wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 5:23 pm
One of my favorite posters from the old scout board... so glad to have you back, ejm. Its been a long time. :cheers:
Thank you and thank you to all of you who posted here. I consider most of you friends.



cdaAg
Posts: 619
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 11:41 am
Location: Perry, enfin
Has thanked: 45 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by cdaAg » November 14th, 2018, 6:15 pm

Glad to have you publicly back with us!



User avatar
Aglicious
Site Admin
Posts: 5195
Joined: January 14th, 2004, 12:00 am
Location: Vega$
Has thanked: 148 times
Been thanked: 301 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by Aglicious » November 14th, 2018, 6:19 pm

He's ALIVE!
Image



Aggie formerly in Hawaii
Posts: 2103
Joined: October 22nd, 2016, 1:06 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 99 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by Aggie formerly in Hawaii » November 14th, 2018, 8:07 pm

Good take, keep it up



gomretat
Posts: 571
Joined: November 27th, 2013, 10:16 am
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 21 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by gomretat » November 14th, 2018, 8:46 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 3:26 pm
One more thing that I forgot to mention.

I'm worried about the mental toughness of this team in a close game going down to the wire. That often requires a lot of experiences, both good and bad. I'm hoping for the best in such a game. Jordan Love has very little experience like this.
Spot on. The Donks have had more tough games and more close calls. I think we are the better team but that could be a huge difference maker.



User avatar
ChicAggie
Posts: 2816
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 1:18 pm
Location: Chicago
Has thanked: 357 times
Been thanked: 380 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by ChicAggie » November 14th, 2018, 8:54 pm

Wow. Blast from the past. Great to see you back on the board, FBOpalle.


"Good is the enemy of great.” ~ Jim Collins

User avatar
hipsterdoofus21
Posts: 15405
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 9:39 pm
Has thanked: 244 times
Been thanked: 666 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by hipsterdoofus21 » November 14th, 2018, 9:27 pm

Man I thought you were dead.



Brushowl
Posts: 89
Joined: January 24th, 2011, 10:05 pm
Location: Homer, Alaska
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 11 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by Brushowl » November 14th, 2018, 10:35 pm

Are you Troutputz?


I support our troops, especially the snipers.

mcaggie1
Posts: 2568
Joined: November 5th, 2010, 3:14 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 122 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by mcaggie1 » November 14th, 2018, 11:25 pm

I know no none of you younger people want to hear, let alone discuss this....but the greatest d lineman is Merlin Olsen. Consensus 1st team All American. NFL great, and Hall of Famer. Academic All American. You will never convince those of us who have seen both Olsen and Unga play that Olsen wasn’t better.
That said....WELCOME BACK! You have been missed.



aggies22
Pick'em Champ - '18 Kickoff, '19 Weekly
Posts: 8463
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 8:17 pm
Location: Smithfield, Utah
Has thanked: 2993 times
Been thanked: 1653 times
Contact:

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by aggies22 » November 15th, 2018, 7:31 am

Brushowl wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 10:35 pm
Are you Troutputz?
He is not. This I can confirm.



User avatar
MilesDavis
Posts: 221
Joined: November 3rd, 2010, 10:56 am
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 3 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by MilesDavis » November 15th, 2018, 9:18 am

Welcome back, ejmpalle/AggieFBObsession. One of the best posters by far back in the day. Glad that you are back!



seabass
Posts: 36
Joined: August 6th, 2017, 7:53 pm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 2 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by seabass » November 15th, 2018, 9:49 am

MilesDavis wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 9:18 am
Welcome back, ejmpalle/AggieFBObsession. One of the best posters by far back in the day. Glad that you are back!
I feel the same! Looking forward to your informative posts



AggieFBObsession
Posts: 834
Joined: January 25th, 2011, 12:15 pm
Has thanked: 512 times
Been thanked: 79 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by AggieFBObsession » November 15th, 2018, 10:10 am

seabass wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 9:49 am
MilesDavis wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 9:18 am
Welcome back, ejmpalle/AggieFBObsession. One of the best posters by far back in the day. Glad that you are back!
I feel the same! Looking forward to your informative posts
Thank you again, all. I'll be posting from time to time. The Aggies are one of my escapes from the daily challenges. However, I won't be as informative as before because I'm not as in touch as I was 8 years ago.

I do have some more information to share that few really know about. It'll be coming in the future. Nothing to do with our football program but related to the athletic department.



User avatar
RigAggie
Posts: 856
Joined: September 27th, 2011, 3:21 pm
Has thanked: 10 times
Been thanked: 42 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by RigAggie » November 15th, 2018, 10:24 am

AggieFBObsession wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 10:10 am
seabass wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 9:49 am
MilesDavis wrote:
November 15th, 2018, 9:18 am
Welcome back, ejmpalle/AggieFBObsession. One of the best posters by far back in the day. Glad that you are back!
I feel the same! Looking forward to your informative posts
Thank you again, all. I'll be posting from time to time. The Aggies are one of my escapes from the daily challenges. However, I won't be as informative as before because I'm not as in touch as I was 8 years ago.

I do have some more information to share that few really know about. It'll be coming in the future. Nothing to do with our football program but related to the athletic department.
Always good to welcome back a fellow Aggie!



blueaggie
Posts: 887
Joined: November 27th, 2010, 7:43 pm
Has thanked: 1 time
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: I'm back. AggieFBObsession=ejmpalle

Post by blueaggie » November 15th, 2018, 2:17 pm

AggieFBObsession wrote:
November 14th, 2018, 2:57 pm
It's been a long time since I've posted, and I've been reading for a loooong time. I'm always an Aggie.

I love this team this year. Jordan is calm and cool and clever. Green is a speedy devil. Thompson is a little bowling ball coming at you at 100mph. I'd take him over a 100mph fastball. Woodward is an animal. Roquemore is athletic and is an NFL guy. (admittedly I don't know if he has injury issues or no), but athletically he's an NFL guy, probably a future safety.

Tarver is physical and he will continue to make critical plays, especially in the end zone.
Bright might as well be as dangerous as Thompson.
Tipa makes big plays.
How about DJ Nelson? Doing his role very well! Remember his brother making a bad choice? I know, I know. I didn't like Brent Guy either, but seriously!
How about Gaje Ferguson and his big plays! He's a big hitter.
Quintin Ficklin. What a name. And also has a great shot at the NFL.
Dax Raymond. I really like what I see, but I want to see more.
Unga. The best defensive lineman I've seen at USU. Agreed? If not, who else?

A lot more strengths to list. I don't know where to start.

Coaching: Coach Wells just keeps plugging away. Far and away the MWC coach of the year. This is the best Aggie FB team I've ever seen. Hard to compare to the 60s, so let's not go there. I think it's safe to say, no matter how they finish, that they are the best. Certainly Yost deserves a lot of credit too and I'm certain that he won't be at USU next year. My heart tells me that Wells will be at USU, but my head says that if the dominoes fall, we may see him leave.

Schedule: Colorado State, definitely winnable. Boise State, tough. I think most should agree this is about a 60/40 game or 55/45 in Utah State's favor, but I wouldn't want to bet on it. Conference Championship game, Fresno State or SDSU in Logan, it doesn't matter. All of you who were saying that we would be better playing in Fresno or San Diego, are you freaking crazy??? We want our home field advantage no matter what time of year and how many fans are in the stands!

All of you who don't believe this team is really, really good and can play on any stage well against anyone and have a reasonable chance to win, you're also crazy. Stop licking the balls of the ESPN media who only cares about money. Just focus on how the game is played. I don't care what the ESPN idiot say unless they have something positive to say about the MWC or Utah State. Otherwise, I couldn't care less about their constant drivel about the "power" conferences. When/If Utah State plays on a big stage again, I hope they pull through and win a game that really counts in the national media's eyes. Unfortunately, THAT is the one thing that Utah State is really missing whether it be basketball or football. We don't have the win that everyone points to.

National stuff: UCF is the best team from the other conferences, not the power 5, until proven otherwise. They haven't lost a game in a long time. They won their bowl game last year. All of the BS I hear in the national media about SOS, it's silly. They play the games on their schedule and they win. So, they deserve a shot until they actually lose. Unfortunately they won't be given that shot because they don't bring the $$$ like Georgia or even Michigan or Oklahoma.

Go Aggies! I'm really excited to see how this all plays out.

Lastly, I have more to share some other day about media coverage and the media experience. But I'll save it for just that.
It is great to have you back! I agree 98% of everything that you said except I don't think UCF is the best G5 t. I really think the Aggies would take them down. Hopefully they will lose and USU will win out and get the ny6 Bowl. it is really too bad that there is only one bowl because the winner of the mountain West conference championship deserves to go to a big bowl. I'm really nervous about this game with Colorado State. The weather is great everyday except for Saturday. We've not had a bad weather day and you never know how teams will play in bad weather. Go Aggies Crush Colorado State one-game-at-a-time.



Locked Previous topicNext topic