Front page of CBSSPORTS.com

This forum is for Football related topics only. Other topics will be moved to the appropriate forum.
smfdaggie

Post by smfdaggie » November 16th, 2018, 12:29 pm

Good write up about Aggies and a few other Group of 5 teams.

bwcrc

Re: Front page of CBSSPORTS.com

Post by bwcrc » November 16th, 2018, 1:48 pm

satireag
Has thanked: 0

Post by satireag » November 16th, 2018, 2:24 pm

To be included in these types of discussions to me is almost surreal. This is such a dream come true on so many levels. I heardMatt Wells say during one of his interviews that they turned over every rock that is Aggie football and looked at it and made every adjustment neccessary no matter if it hurt or not.
It would truly be a shame to lose this opportunity for greatness and national notorioty. I have been listening to 1280 The Zone since the beginning of the fall camp and I will tell you that the attitude of the SLC media toward the Aggies is truly incredibley different than ever before. I heard Gordon Monson say "Utah State is the best team in the state." Hans refuses to post film study of his alma mater anymore since it hurts him to see what they have become.
Maybe, just maybe some of the SLC media will begin to attend the games in Logan instead of Provostan.
Winning this much is going to be HUUUUGE in recruiting. Now we will have to wait and see what happens to this coaching staff after such a successful season!!!

:utah: :state: :rock: :scotsman:

usu99

Post by usu99 » November 16th, 2018, 3:40 pm

If only we had next years schedule with this record!

For all of your IT needs send me a PM!!

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » November 16th, 2018, 3:51 pm

Just Win Baby! …...We control our own destiny...... Right up to the actual selection.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » November 16th, 2018, 4:00 pm

satireag wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 2:24 pm
Matt Wells say during one of his interviews that they turned over every rock that is Aggie football and looked at it and made every adjustment neccessary no matter if it hurt or not.
Boise is going to attack our special teams. It's their traditional stregnth and our everlasting weakness........ Hope Matt got that fixed because they are going to be comming after our kickers, they can't beat us any other way.

ratofallaggies

Post by ratofallaggies » November 16th, 2018, 4:10 pm

El Sapo wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 4:00 pm
satireag wrote:
Matt Wells say during one of his interviews that they turned over every rock that is Aggie football and looked at it and made every adjustment neccessary no matter if it hurt or not.
Boise is going to attack our special teams. It's their traditional stregnth and our everlasting weakness........ Hope Matt got that fixed because they are going to be comming after our kickers, they can't beat us any other way.
I can only think of two plays this year where we struggled on ST. Scarver's return, and the punt from last game. Other than that and a few missed fg's from eberle (he is a semi finalist for the groza btw) I'm not sure I would classify our ST as a weakness. We have some kickoffs returned for TD's a Punt returned for a TD, several 50+ fgs, and a blocked punt for a TD.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » November 16th, 2018, 10:30 pm

I used to be against a G5 playoff, but I really think the time has come.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AggieBlues

Post by AggieBlues » November 16th, 2018, 11:12 pm

Jjoey53 wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 10:30 pm
I used to be against a G5 playoff, but I really think the time has come.

I agree.

The amount of energy necessary to refute bull pucky is an order of magnitude greater than to produce it.

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » November 17th, 2018, 2:26 am

Jjoey53 wrote:I used to be against a G5 playoff, but I really think the time has come.

As long as it isn't on ESPN.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

YouEssYou

Post by YouEssYou » November 17th, 2018, 6:30 am

I hope you all realize that with this success next years home schedule is going to include a lot of 8:15 kickoffs. This year has been nice in that regard but I guess it's a trade off.

El Sapo

Post by El Sapo » November 17th, 2018, 11:50 am

ratofallaggies wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 4:10 pm
El Sapo wrote:
November 16th, 2018, 4:00 pm
satireag wrote:
I can only think of two plays this year where we struggled on ST. Scarver's return, and the punt from last game. Other than that and a few missed fg's from eberle (he is a semi finalist for the groza btw) I'm not sure I would classify our ST as a weakness. We have some kickoffs returned for TD's a Punt returned for a TD, several 50+ fgs, and a blocked punt for a TD.
Rat, Boise plays on another level. I agree it hasn't been a problem this season, but we haven't really faced a team like Boise that thrives on special team plays. Boise should be the game where you make whatever adjustments you need to protect our kickers. Leave in the starting oline on all kicks, Don't try long FG's, and don't expect to win the game on a FG.

Jjoey53

Post by Jjoey53 » November 17th, 2018, 1:29 pm

pilotaggie wrote:
Jjoey53 wrote:I used to be against a G5 playoff, but I really think the time has come.

As long as it isn't on ESPN.

One condition of the playoff should be that ESPN is allowed to have nothing to do with it.

pilotaggie

Post by pilotaggie » November 17th, 2018, 1:32 pm

ESPN can talk about it in between segments of covering Alabama's team lunch on "Sportscenter." As far as the game goes I'd rather watch on Facebook than listen to ESPN announcers start taking SEC every chance they get.

This post is likely straight up poor sarcasm and cannot be taken seriously.

Chupamedia

Post by Chupamedia » November 17th, 2018, 4:01 pm

I would love to see a G5 playoff - then have the champions of the G5 and the P5 play each other

Locked Previous topicNext topic